European countries have always been a hub of study abroad students. Their educational institutions have yielded promising results in the field of Science & Technology, Engineering, Art, & Literature, etc. One of the choicest country to study is Germany, also known as the idle research destination. The country’s education system and standard are at the forefront of achieving promising results in every discipline. If you want to study in Germany, you need to make most of the TestAs examination that can set your feet top premier universities of Germany. This blog will help you understand the TestAs examination and its related components.
This Blog Includes:
What is TestAS Exam?
Non- European Union students who wish to pursue graduation in German-based universities can apply for the TestAS examination. It is a central standardized scholastic aptitude test that is measuring intellectual and cognitive abilities for higher studies. German Academic Exchange Service conducts this examination. The test can be taken in German, English and in certain cases in Arabic languages. It comprises of three major parts which include onScreen language test, the core test, and subject-specific test modules.
Benefits of TestAS
- It is mandatory for every applicant to fulfill the eligibility criteria, most European universities require a student’s TestAS score as one of the criteria.
- TestAS acts as a self-assessment tool, after appearing for the exam applicants are able to evaluate themselves about the course they want to pursue & if they would be able to complete the course on not.
- TestAS certificate is just not restricted to European university admission, students can also use it for applying at various companies & universities.
TestAS 2021 Important Dates
Here are all the important dates & registration duration of TestAS 2021. There are some changes because of the Covid – 19 as well.
|Thursday, 04 March 2021||11 November 2020 to 07 January 2021|
|Saturday, 24 April 2021||19 January to 08 March 2021|
|Saturday, 29 May 2021||18 March to 22 April 2021|
|Saturday, 30 October 2021||02 June to 14 September 2021|
Due to pandemic situations around the globe, it is mandatory to maintain social distancing & taking all precautionary measures. The additional dates will be released soon for all the international applicants because the test takers before can be fitted together now due to the pandemic situation.
TestAS Registration Process
Applicants interest in TestAS has to register themselves. Here’s how you can apply for TestAS:
- To register all applicants have to visit the official website of TestAS (https://www.testas.de/)
- Enter your contact details like your email address & contact number.
- You will receive a confirmation email after a username & password will be generated.
- With the help of generated username & password login to book the test date & test centre.
- An applicant has to also select the exam language, core subject & any one module.
- To complete the registration process, candidates have to pay the application fee. The application fee is announced during the registration duration.
The examination pattern is a prime asset that will help you to carve a niche in prestigious universities based in Germany through TestAs.
- At the time of registration, applicants can go through four subject-specific modules & choose one among them: Humanities, Cultural Studies, Mathematics, Computer Science and Natural Sciences, Engineering, Economics and Social Science.
- It is important to know that each TestAS examination is consisting of an online language test, a core test as well as a subject-specific module.
- onScreen has 30 minutes of duration which examines general language proficiency in German or English of an applicant
- The Core Test examines the general skills of a candidate that are required in all academic courses.
Main Structure and Components of TestAS
It is important to know that TestAS examination is conducted in German as well as English. Given below are the major modules as well as subjects that are an essential part of the exam:
|Core Test||Solving Quantitative ProblemsInferring RelationsCompleting PatternsContinuing Numerical Series||110 minutes|
|Subject-Specific Test Modules|
| Analysing Economic Interrelationships|
|Engineering Module||Formalising Technical InterrelationshipsVisualising SolidsAnalysing Technical Interrelationships||150 minutes|
|Humanities, Cultural Studies and Social Sciences Module||Understanding and Interpreting TextsUsing Representation Systems FlexiblyRecognising Linguistic Structures||150 minutes|
|Mathematics, Computer Science and Natural Sciences Module||Analysing Scientific InterrelationshipsUnderstanding Formal Depictions||145 minutes|
TestAS Centers In India
There are 8 test centers across India for TestAS. Here is a list of all the centers:
- Goethe-Institut Max Mueller Bhavan Chennai
- British Council Examinations and English Services India – Bangalore
- British Council Examinations and English Services India – Chennai
- British Council Examinations and English Services India – Kalkutta
- British Council Examinations and English Services India – New Delhi
- Max Mueller Bhavan / Goethe-Institut Bangalore
- British Council Examinations and English Services India – Mumbai
- Goethe-Institut / Max Mueller Bhavan New Delhi
- Applicants can view & download their results via visiting the official website.
- Login with the help of your username & password.
- No notification is sent to test-takers, it advised to check the result after 4 weeks of the test date.
In order to get admissions in German based educational institutions, TestAS examination is a prerequisite asset. Know the comprehensive list of universities that accepts TestAS examination:
- University of Cologne
- RWTH Aachen University
- University of Bremen
- Otto von Guericke University of Magdeburg
- University of Greifswald
- University of Hamburg
- Johannes Guttenberg University of Mainz
- University of Heidelberg
- University of Ulm
- University of Freiburg
- University of Göttingen
- University of Leipzig
- University of Potsdam
- University of Regensburg
- Berlin School of Economics and Law
- University of Applied Sciences Mittweida
- Technical University of Telecommunications and Informatics Leipzig
- University of Wuppertal
- Technical University of Hamburg
- Frankfurt School of Finance & Management
- Goethe University in Frankfurt
- Augsburg University
- University of Applied Sciences Berlin
The certificate validity is unlimited.
There is no maximum age limit to appear for the TestAS but the applicant has to be at least in the secondary level and completing his/her last year.
There are two mandatory things every applicant must carry:
1. Valid ID proof, the ID proof should be the same ID proof that was used during the registration Process
2. Print out of admission email, applicants will receive an email from the test centers
Applicants can carry a black/blue ballpoint pen & make not carry a calculator, reference book, or resource at the test center.
The last date for registration is five weeks before the exam date.
The registration fee is announced during the registration process only.
No, you can not proceed further with registration without email verification.
Certainly, the robust educational infrastructure and diversity of German universities are making the county most sort-after educational hub with considerable opportunities. Getting intellectually vibrant students on-board, TestAS has a vital role to play in the admission to top German Universities. Apprehensive how to go with TestAS examination? Then book an E-meeting with Leverage Edu and take your career to great heights!