Are you someone who has completed their MBBS? Are you uncertain about your AIPGMEE (All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination) result? The bitter truth is less than 10% of those who apply for a PG course in India get enrolled in their desired field of specialization. Don’t worry! You don’t need to be a part of this cut-throat competition and settle for just any specialization. You can choose an alternative path of a PG in Germany after MBBS.
Here is all the relevant information on a PG in Germany after MBBS:
WHY CHOOSE TO DO A PG IN GERMANY AFTER MBBS?
You must be plagued by the question of WHY you should consider Germany as an option over your own country? As an Indian student planning to pursue a PG in the medical field, you have the opportunity of studying at no tuition fee when you plan to pursue PG in Germany after MBBS. Along with low tuition fees you can study at prestigious and renowned universities. The residential programs provided in the medical universities in Germany give the students robust training and practical knowledge. The rigorous training will equip you with high-quality experience and knowledge.
PROS OF PURSUING PG IN GERMANY AFTER MBBS
There are certain advantages to pursuing a PG in Germany after MBBS. These include-
- Germany is known to have a world-class healthcare system which means that you will have the opportunity of training in modern infrastructure with advanced equipment.
- There are no tuition fees for most courses in Germany, which means the cost of education is next to zero.
- The PG courses in Germany include on-the-job training in which the hospital sanctions an approval for you to conduct medical operations.
- The universities also provide students with a monthly stipend that can be up to 4500 euros monthly.
- After the completion of your training, you will be awarded the title of a “Facharzt” (specialist or a consultant), your chances of getting Permanent German Residency are also increased.
ADMISSION PROCESS OF PG IN GERMANY AFTER MBBS
If you are planning on applying to a university in Germany for your PG after MBBS, you must have the required knowledge regarding the admission process. Here is all the information you will need regarding the process:
- First and foremost, you need to have a solid command of the German language. A field like medicine requires personal interaction with your patients. Since a PG course in medicine essentially trains you for the practical aspects of the job, it is important that you are fluent enough in the language to help your patients. Before applying for the course, you must have an A1 or A2 level in German basics.
- After this, you need to get an admission letter for TELC B2 and TELC C1 from a language learning center or a government-approved test.
- It is important that you learn the German language up to the C1 level once you are there.
- Only after this process, can you get a confirmed observer-ship approved by the German medical council by a German hospital. The observer-ship can be extended for a duration of 6 months and is initially only for a month’s duration.
- After this, you need to apply for an Approbation exam. All your submitted documents will be verified and if your educational qualifications are compatible with the German medical system you can appear for the examination. If you pass the examination, you will be awarded an Approbation license. The exam is conducted in a viva format wherein the test is conducted in German by a board of physicians. The exam includes Pharmacology, internal medicine, and surgery-related questions.
TOP UNIVERSITIES FOR PG IN GERMANY AFTER MBBS
Some of the top universities for pursuing a PG in Germany after MBBS include-
The admission process can seem exhausting especially since you need to plan in advance. The language competency aspect can seem challenging and scary, but you don’t need to feel intimidated by this. The opportunity to pursue a PG in Germany after MBBS is one that you shouldn’t miss out on. The mentors and counselors at Leverage Edu with their experience can guide you so that you can make the best possible decision to achieve your goals.