The goal of computer programming, in general, is to solve a problem. Computer programming can be defined as a set of instructions for automating the completion of a task on a computer. As a result, programming frequently necessitates knowledge of a variety of areas, including application domain knowledge, specialized algorithms, and formal logic. This blog will provide you with a full overview of what computer programming is, the various occupations available in the industry, as well as the best schools, colleges, scope in India, and more!
This Blog Includes:
- What is Computer Programming
- What does a Computer Programmer or Coder do?
- What can you do with Coding?
- Computer programming courses
- Skills Required
- Most Popular Coding Languages
- Top Universities
- Eligibility requirements
- Career and Scope
What is Computer Programming
Computer programming can be defined as a step-by-step process of building and developing distinct sets of computer programs in order to achieve a given computing result. The process includes operations such as analysis, coding, algorithm generation, checking algorithm accuracy, and resource consumption, among others. The goal of computer programming is to find a set of instructions that will allow a computer to solve a given problem. It’s also widely known as coding.
If properly managed, computer programming is fairly simple. Selecting the one language which is perfect for you is difficult because there are so many languages to choose from.
What does a Computer Programmer or Coder do?
Computer programmers are in high demand in today’s digital economy, as seen by the increasing number of job postings in this industry. Programmers create the code that runs computer programs and mobile apps. They also help with the maintenance of systems and software, debugging, and troubleshooting to make sure that everything runs unproblematically.
On any given day, a computer programmer may be working on a variety of coding projects. The following are examples of daily responsibilities:
- Writing and testing new software code – To write code for new mobile applications or computer programs, computer programmers collaborate closely with web and software developers. In some circumstances, programmers play a comparable role to web designers in the creation of a new software program’s look, feel, and functionality.Trial and error is a necessary element while writing a new code. Computer programmers have good critical thinking and problem-solving abilities, and they enjoy tackling complex issues with logic.
- Updating programs that already exist – Programmers also create and install software updates for the existing ones. A bug repair or expanded functionality to improve the user experience may be included in an update. These projects take from a few days to several months, depending on the delicacy of the modification.
- Detecting and solving coding errors- Computer programmers could help troubleshoot sections of a website or computer program that aren’t working properly on a daily basis. Problems are frequently caused by a programming error, which a programmer may easily discover and rectify.
- Modifying code and programs for different OS – Programmers frequently have to rewrite code in different languages in order for programs and applications to run on different operating systems. Programs for Windows and OS X, for example, are coded differently. Some programmers are taught to write new applications in SaaS code, which is compatible with both Windows and Mac OS X.
- Protect programs from cybersecurity threats- Many computer programmers work in the cybersecurity industry, assisting in the detection of harmful software and the correction of software that may be exposed to hacking. Programmers can also write code that prevents data leaks and security breaches. Demand for information security expertise is increasing as the quantity and severity of cyber-attacks grow. In fact, the employment of information security analysts will grow by 28% from 2016 to 2026, adding 28,500 new jobs.
Computer programming could be the appropriate option for you if you’re seeking an entry-level technology profession with plenty of opportunities for growth and specialization.
What can you do with Coding?
Different types of coding, such as front-end, back-end, and mobile development, are available to computer programmers.
All components of a website that visitors cannot see are considered back-end development. This type of coding is referred to as “server-side development” by programmers. Databases, servers, and scripting are the domains of back-end developers. Java, Python, and Ruby are common coding languages used by these developers.
Mobile developers create new apps or make changes to existing websites to make them mobile-friendly. Not all websites and apps are created with mobile users in mind. Mobile developers write code that allows websites and apps to be transferred to mobile devices without affecting their appearance or functionality. Swift and Objective-C for iOS and Java for Android are popular coding languages for mobile developers.
Computer programming courses
Courses for Graduates and Integrated Degrees
- BSc (Computer Applications)
- BSc (Computer Science Statistics)
- BSc (Hons.) Mathematics and Computer Science
- BSc + MSc (Mathematics and Computing)
- BSc (Mathematics, Computers, Statistics)
- BSc (Hons.) Computer Science
- BSc (Computer Maintenance & Electronics)
- BCS – Bachelor of Computer Science
- MSc (Applied Mathematics with Oceanology and Computer Programming)
- MSc (Computer Science)
- MSc (Operation Research & Computer Applications)
- MSc Tech (Industrial Mathematics with Computer Applications)
- MTech (Computer Science)
- MTech (Computer and Information Science)
- MSc (Statistics and Computer Applications)
- MSc (Hons.) Computer Science
- MPhil (Computer Science)
- MSc (Computer Communication)
- Ph.D. (Computer Science)
- Ph.D. (Computer Science and Applications)
- Diploma in Advanced Computing (DAC)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Aided Interior Space
- Advanced Diploma in Software Development
- Post Graduate Diploma in Applied Computer Science
- Post Graduate Diploma in Computer Hardware
Certificate Computer Programming Courses
- Programming for Data Science BY The University of Adelaide, edX
- Computer Programming for Everyone BY University of Leeds, Institute of Leeds, FutureLearn
- Diploma in Python Programming BY Alison
- Web Design for Everybody: Basics of Web Development & Coding Specialization BY University of Michigan, Coursera
- Computer Science 101: Master the Theory Behind Programming, Udemy
- Certificate in Mobile Application Development BY S. R. M. Institute of Science and Technology
- Certificate Course in Advanced Linux Administration & Scripting BY Jadavpur University
- PEGA LEVEL-1 Certified System Architect BY Koneru Lakshmaiah Education Foundation University
Everyone who wants to be a computer programmer must have a thorough understanding of coding languages and algorithms. In addition, a computer programmer must have the ability to comprehend client needs, comprehend an issue, and manage a team (if required). The following is a list of such skill sets:
- Analytical skills- Computer programmers must be able to decipher complex instructions in order to write computer code.
- Focused- Programmers must be focused on their tasks when writing code or checking existing code for mistakes.
- Detail-Oriented- Computer programmers must pay particular attention to the code they produce because a single mistake can have a significant impact on the entire program.
- Troubleshooting Skills- Checking the code for mistakes and fixing any that are found is an important component of a programmer’s job.
Most Popular Coding Languages
|PYTHON||Python is used to create web and internet applications, as well as scientific and numerical applications, desktop GUIs, and business applications. It is widely commonly used in the field of artificial intelligence and machine learning.|
|JAVA||Java is mostly used to create Android apps, web apps, and Big Data applications.|
|R||R is a programming language that may be used to create data science projects, statistical computing, and machine learning.|
|SWIFT||Swift is a particularly built language for creating iOS apps that work with Apple’s Cocoa and Cocoa Touch frameworks.|
|C++||C++ is a programming language that is frequently used in games, advanced computations, and graphics compilers.|
|C#||C# is a programming language that is widely utilized in the development of enterprise cross-applications and web applications.|
|PHP||PHP is a programming language used in web development, content management systems, and e-commerce applications.|
|SQL||SQL is a programming language that can be used in any database.|
|GO||Console utilities, GUI applications, and web applications|
|INSTITUTE||ANNUAL FEES (INR)|
|University of Massachusetts Amherst||19,67,467|
|University of Suffolk||14,53,985|
|University of Michigan||20,00,000|
|Vellore Institute of Technology||3,03,000 – 3,63,000|
|IIT Madras||32,000 – 2,42,000|
|IIT Roorkee||18,000 – 2,00,000|
|Delhi University||2,500 – 15,000|
|UPES||2,00,000 – 2,20,000|
|Bennett University||1,75,000 – 3,50,000|
Want to study abroad but are worried about expenses? Let Leverage Finance help you!
Candidates interested in pursuing a certificate or degree program must have completed a higher secondary examination/class 12 or comparable exam that included Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics as required courses. Some colleges and universities also provide entrance exams for admittance to bachelor’s degree programs.
Candidates can pursue a postgraduate diploma or higher degree course in computer programming after completing a BTech in computer science engineering. Candidates can pursue MTech/MSc degrees to advance their careers or gain expertise in computer programming.
Career and Scope
Programming is a significant skill set that can lead to chances in finance, healthcare, graphic design, and digital marketing, among other industries. Programming employment is growing at a rate of 12% faster than the national average. Many programmers also benefit from conveniences like flexible hours and the ability to work from home.
|JOB PROFILES||ANNUAL SALARY (INR)|
|Senior Software Engineer||4,64,000 – 20,00,000|
|Sr. Software Engineer/Developer/Programmer||4,13,000 – 20,00,000|
|Associate Software Engineer||2,26,000 – 10,00,000|
|.NET Software Developer/Programmer||1,78,000 – 9,70,000|
|Java Developer||1,99,000 – 10,00,000|
|Software Engineer||2,51,000 – 10,00,000|
|Software Developer||2,06,000 – 10,00,000|
|Software Engineer/Developer/Programmer||2,32,000 – 10,00,000|
|Team Leader, IT||5,81,000 – 20,00,000|
|Lead Software Engineer||7,10,000 – 20,00,000|
There are a number of online sites that provide computer programming courses. The following are the top platforms.
Yes. Certain online educators offer financial aid and scholarships.
Here are some of the best places to put your newfound coding talents to the test.
Want to study computer programming in your favorite country Abroad? Let Leverage Edu help you, book your free demo today!