SC Johnson College of Business is an Ivy League business school at Cornell University. The school was established in 1946 and has consistently been a top business school since then. SC Johnson College of Business offers a lot of different opportunities for students with a passion for business. They have different types of MBA and management programs. SC Johnson graduate business college prepares its students for leadership roles across all industries. The school focuses on collaborative and practice-based learning to help students achieve their ambitions. Read this blog to know all about SC Johnson College of Business, its acceptance rate, rankings, top courses and more!
This Blog Includes:
About SC Johnson College of Business
SC Johnson College of Business has exciting and unique teaching approaches. Their MBA program focuses on theoretical knowledge as well as fieldwork in an industry which is specific or career interest before setting out for a mid-MBA internship. The school has earned the title for one of the best business schools in the world. It is distinguished by their community management practices, highly selective recruitment, small class sizes and real-world business immersions.
The school has a focus on immersive learning, and its curriculum provides eight immersions-
- Digital Technology
- Capital Market and Asset Management
- Managerial Finance
- Investment Banking
- Semester in Strategic Operations
- Strategic Marketing
- Sustainable Global Enterprise
The school follows global business practices and allows students to pursue broad interests for their business in any field. Therefore, students over here also have an option to pursue optional academic concentrations, two in number, Depth or Breadth such as-
- Global business management
- Sustainable global enterprise
- Financial investing
- Corporate finance
- Marketing analytics
All in all, students have a plethora of opportunities to sharpen their skills and get practical exposure to real-world business workings.
Also Read: Tuck School of Business, Dartmouth College
- According to Forbes 2019, Johnson’s MBA program has been ranked 9th in the world.
- Bloomberg BusinessWeek ranked its MBA program 10th in the world.
- SC Johnson has been ranked 8th by the Aspen Institute, which ranks institutions on how well schools incorporate issues concerning social and environmental stewardship into their curriculum.
- Ranked 32 according to QS Global Rank.
- Poets&Quants included the school in their list of top 10 business schools to watch in 2017.
Programs Offered by SC Johnson College of Business
|Full-Time MBA||MPS in Management|
|One-Year MBA||PhD Program|
|Two-Year MBA||Executive MBA Metro NY|
|Cornell Tech MBA||Executive MBA Americas|
|Dual-Degree MBA||Cornell-Tsinghua Finance MBA|
|Executive MBA||Executive MBA/MS in Healthcare Leadership|
Must Read: MBA Acceptance Rates at Top US Business Schools
College life is not just about studying and training but also about enjoying while doing that, and this college provides plenty of memorable experiences. The school provides a collaborative environment, where relationships are formed quickly and last for a lifetime. Students have over 100 clubs and societies to choose from for their all-round development. These clubs range from entrepreneurship to wine tasting to skiing. The culture here is infused with a genuine appreciation of one another and fosters a style of teamwork. The clubs here organize different kinds of social events such as trips, annual conferences etc., to form a real bond between students. The college also offers a lot of sports opportunities and conducts tournaments as well. The rigorous class schedule is lightened up by high energy social functions such as Immersion Olympics and Johnson Prom. Students also enjoy a themed and catered social meeting called the Sage Social every Thursday afternoon.
|Tuition Fee||INR 54,28,592|
|Hostel and Meals||INR 9,29,800|
|Mandatory Fee||INR 1,13,190|
|Personal/Misc. Expenses||INR 3,78,000|
Note- All the costs mentioned above are just a rough estimate and not accurate values.
- The college is situated in Sage Hall, a 19th century High Victorian Gothic building.
- Comprises of a library, cafe, an atrium executive-classrooms, an executive lounge, a trading floor and student and faculty lounges.
- Trading room displays real-time stock quotes, international data feeds and financial analysis software and data which values more than $1.8 million per year for licensing fees.
Top recruiters at SC Johnson College of Business include-
- A.T. Kearney
- Deloitte Consulting LLP
- McKinsey & Company
- Deutsche Bank
- Goldman Sachs
- Microsoft Corporation
- Pfizer Inc.
- J.P Morgan
Check Out: Cost of MBA in USA
This was all about SC Johnson College of Business. We hope that we were able to provide you with all the relevant information regarding the college. Wondering how to apply? Connect with our Leverage Edu experts to get assistance every step of the way. Sign up for a free session with us now!