Diploma courses might differ from Graduate and Postgraduate degrees but are relevant nonetheless. There are various PG Diploma colleges in Canada that provide diploma programs in various fields, ranging from a duration of 1 – 2 years. Many of them are great colleges that end up graduating scholars. To start with, let’s have a look at why one should go for PG Diploma Colleges in Canada.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study PG Diploma in Canada?
Why go for PG diploma colleges in Canada when there are graduate schools available in the country? PG Diploma Colleges have their own pros. Taking a look at the same, we find the following:
- PG diploma programs in PG Diploma Colleges in Canada allow students to be exposed to industrial experience while studying. These short courses provide students with certification as well as involvement with the real world at the same time.
- PG Diploma Colleges curate well-researched curriculums of the course the student has enrolled into. These programs and colleges are perceived as highly valuable in the academic landscape of the country.
- As mentioned above, PG Diploma courses also allow students to intern as they study. This allows them to avail job offers and opportunities once they graduate.
- Along with the opportunities, PG Diploma colleges in Canada such as Centennial College provide amazing education to students with a range of options to choose their specialisation.
- Cost is another important factor that makes PG diploma colleges in Canada a preferred choice. They are much cheaper than regular graduate schools while providing high-quality education.
- Once students graduate from top PG diploma colleges in Canada, they are qualified to pursue higher education such as Master’s and PhD programs from esteemed universities, per their wish.
Top PG Diploma Colleges in Canada
Now, onto these top PG diploma colleges in Canada. Below are some of them.
|PG Diploma Colleges in Canada||Examples of PG Programs Offered||Average Annual Fees|
|Centennial College||Diploma, Business Accounting
Diploma, Computer Systems Technician – Networking
Diploma, Mechanical Engineering Technician – Design
|16000 CAD – 17031 CAD (INR 9 lakh to 10 lakh)|
|Lambton College||PG Diploma in Finance||26,000 CAD approx. (15 lakh)|
|Seneca College||PG Diploma in Human Resources
PG Diploma in Business Analytics
|16000 CAD – 17000 CAD (INR 9 lakh to 10 lakh)|
|Humber College||PG Diploma in Supply Chain Management||18, 270 CAD (10.85 lakh)|
|Douglas College||PG Diploma in Accounting
PG Diploma in Project Management
|20,000 CAD approx. (11. 85 lakh)|
It’s easier to apply for PG Diploma courses in Canada as compared to Master’s, but there are some mandatory prerequisites. Check them out below.
- A relevant undergraduate degree – Minimum of 65%
- English Language Proficiency – TOEFL iBT: 88; IELTS 6.5 or more
- Some management courses might require relevant years of work experience
- Graduation transcripts
- Post-graduation transcript if completed
- Evidence of citizenship (Passport)
- Name and contact details of two professional references.
- CV/ Resume (updated)
- Letter of Recommendation
- English Language Proficiency Test Score
- Statement of Purpose
As there is an eligibility criterion to get enrolled into PG Diploma Colleges in Canada, there are also certain application requirements you need to fulfil, step by step, to apply at PG Diploma Colleges in Canada. For a better understanding, read the following steps:
- Choose the course of your preference.
- Research. Go on the websites of different Diploma Colleges in Canada and check out their admission process and eligibility criteria.
- Check out the way they accept applications.
- Follow the steps of applying for a particular course in a particular college, and submit the application per instructions.
- While submitting the application, ready all your documents that need to be submitted, and attach them to the application form.
- Do submit the English Proficiency Scores, along with the letters of recommendation and Statement of Purpose.
- Await Results
- If accepted, you will receive a Letter of Acceptance sent by the college authorities
- Finally, if you choose to go ahead with the course and college, accept the letter, select your specialisation, submit your tuition fees and start with the visa process.
- Once the Visa process is complete and all the formalities are done, start the course. All the best!
Canada also provides some great scholarships for PG diploma students. Here are some of them.
|International in Canada Scholarship (Niagara College): English for Academic Preparation Scholarship||$750 – $1,500 (INR 61,000 – 1.2 lakh)|
|Paul Foundation Scholarship||$20,174 (INR 16.5 lakh)|
|Fork tip Women Innovation Scholarships||New Zealand students: 2,000 NZD (INR 96,000)United Kingdom students: 1,200 GBP (INR 1 lakh)Canadian students: 2,000 CAD (INR 1 lakh)|
|Brokerfish International Student Scholarship||$1,000 (INR 82K)|
Once you graduate from a PG diploma college in Canada, a number of job opportunities shall be waiting for you.
|Job Role||Avg. Salaries|
|Executive Assistant||54,000 CAD (INR 32 lakh)|
|Graphic Designer||42,000 CAD (INR 25 lakh)|
|Marketing Specialist||45,000 CAD (INR 26.7 lakh)|
|Project Manager (IT)||94,000 (INR 55 – 56 lakh)|
|HR Manager||80,000 CAD (INR 47.5 lakh)|
Some of the best PG diploma courses for international students in Canada are:
Engineering and Engineering Management.
Biosciences, Medicine & Healthcare.
Marketing, Advertising, and Public Relations.
Colleges like Humber College, Seneca College, etc are some of the colleges that offer PG diplomas in Canada.
If you want to get into a high-ranked university, you may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.