Being one of the most sought-after management programs, MBA is definitely a stepping stone in an individual’s career. Along with the course, the exposure offered at the educational institution makes a real difference. New York University MBA has everything an MBA aspirant desires from their dream college and is listed among the top-notch Universities for MBA. In this blog, we will comprehensively explore the New York University MBA.
Highlights of the Course
Ranked at the 35th position by QS World University rankings 2021, New York University MBA does offer its students the best exposure, placements and education. The main highlights of MBA at New York University are given below:
|Name of the University||New York University|
|Offered By||Leonard N.Stern School of Business|
|Type of Degree||Masters Degree|
|Duration of the course||2 years|
|Annual Fee(Educational and non-Educational Expenses)||INR 50-55 Lakhs|
|Exams Required||GMAT, GRE|
|English Proficiency||TOEFL, IELTS|
Why Study MBA at New York University?
New York University has made its name among the many prominent universities in the USA by providing excellence in multiple domains. Here are some of the reasons to pursue an MBA at New York University.
- It is a two-year management program that has a co-up option. The co-op option has certain GPA criteria to be met.
- Business Operations and Planning, Business and Professional Ethics, Business and Sustainability, Funding the Enterprise and Human Resource Management are some of the main contents taught in the course.
- Students can combine strategy and strategic management coursework with additional learning in negotiations, leadership, and decision-making to gain an overall understanding of the management process in both large and small organisations.
- Business Administration Researcher, Human Resource Manager, Research and Development Manager and Business Consultant are some of the main career opportunities after doing MBA from New York University.
Also Read: MIT Sloan School of Management
New York University MBA Important Dates
|1st deadline||15 September 2021|
|2nd deadline||15 November 2021|
|3rd deadline||15 January 2022|
|4th deadline||15 February 2021|
Also Read: MBA in Oxford
Given below is the application process for MBA at Cambridge University. Students can apply for the MBA program by following this link.
The Pre-Application is a synopsis of the candidate’s professional background. It should only take about 10-15 minutes to complete. You must submit basic personal information as well as an up-to-date résumé/CV. There is no fee for submitting the Pre-Application.
After the review of the pre-application by the admission committee, a representative will contact the prospective candidate within five business days of submission to schedule an interview. The interview is evaluative and required for all applicants. It is designed to provide more information about the Executive MBA programme and to determine whether the MBA programme is a good fit for the applicant or not.
Interviews are conducted in-person in New York City, and via video or phone. Trained admissions professionals, who will have thoroughly read your entire application will be conducting interviews.
The Formal Application includes submission of transcripts, letters of recommendations, essays, and other materials. Once your Formal Application is complete, the Admissions Committee will review all materials to assess the final selection of the applicant.
With an acceptance rate of 12.8%, NYU selects the best candidates only. All the applicants who are applying for the MBA programme must meet the following eligibility criteria-
- Undergraduate degree from a recognized university in any discipline with at least 60% marks in Graduation.
- Exams to be cleared are GMAT, GRE and IELTS /TOEFL for English proficiency.
- The University also accepts MCAT, LSAT, and DAT scores
- Candidates must have five years of work experience at least.
- English language proficiency requirements can be waived off if applicants have completed their undergraduate or graduate degree in English.
Also Read: MBA in USA
The following documents are required for seeking admission into the MBA program at the New York University-
- College Transcripts – The statement of marks provided by the educational institution where the candidate was previously studying.
- Financial Documentation – It tells about the financial status of the client.
- Statement of Purpose – This is an essay or any written statement written by the student.
- Resume/CV – This shows the experience and skills of the student.
- Official GRE Test Scores: Students have to submit their GRE Test Scores.
- ELP Scores: Students have to submit their English language proficiency scores like IELTS, TOEFL, etc.
- Essay: The essay must be written entirely by the applicant. There is one short answer that includes Professional Aspirations and 3 essays.
Fees and Cost of Living
The Tuition fee for New York University MBA is $78,700 (₹ 58,43,227) with a Registration Fees of $4,429 (₹ 3,28,839). The registration fee includes orientation costs as well. Apart from tuition fee, the average living cost ranges between ₹67,00- ₹90,000 per year.
So this was all about MBA at New York University. Hope you all are well-versed with the important aspects of the course. If you have any doubts regarding the application process, please post them in the comments section below. You can also contact our counsellors and experts at Leverage Edu for guidance.