If there is any aspect of human health that needs maximum attention these days, it is mental health. We need to talk more about it, read more about it and know more about it. Clinical psychology is that branch of medicine that provides comprehensive and continuous mental and behavioural health care for families and individuals. The MSc Clinical psychology gives strong emphasis to exploring ethical issues and psychological investigation. MSc Clinical psychology is a highly sought after course and every year thousands of students apply in colleges and universities to pursue this course. If human psychology and behavioural studies are of interest to you, then you must consider MSc Clinical psychology.
This Blog Includes:
- About MSc Clinical Psychology
- MSc Clinical Psychology Specializations
- MSc Clinical Psychology Subjects
- Top 10 Universites for MSc Clinical Psychology Abroad
- Top MSc Clinical Psychology Colleges in India
- Distance Learning
- Jobs Available after MSc Clinical Psychology
- Expected Salary after MSc Clinical Psychology
Also Read: BSc Psychology
About MSc Clinical Psychology
MSc Clinical psychology is a two-year professional course that provides students with in-depth and complete detail of the various elements of clinical psychology. MSc Clinical psychology encompasses the following wide-ranging concepts of clinical psychology:
- Human behaviour
- Human mental health
- Clinical depression
- Mental illness
- Mental disorders
- Personality traits
MSc Clinical psychology will equip you with knowledge of brain chemistry, emotional stability and to identify different mental health issues. This professional course will help you, help others dealing with mental health problems.
MSc Clinical Psychology Specializations
The postgraduate program of MSc Clinical Psychology imparts specialization in various fields such as:
Clinical Psychology is based on the assessment of personalities and different behavioural aspects. Personality Psychology deals with personality traits in humans. It is a scientific study that aims to explain the personality differences among human beings. MSc Clinical Psychology provides students with an in-depth knowledge of assessing behavioural aspects and observing different personality issues in human bodies. Personality Psychology comprises of different theories like, psychoanalytic, humanistic, social cognitive and body traits that are imperative aspects of human personalities.
Clinical Neuropsychology is a sub-field of Clinical Psychology which involves the study of human relationships by analyzing their thoughts and behaviours. MSc Clinical Psychology provides students with a variety of techniques to evaluate, assess, and treat patients. The course trains students to diagnose and treat people with different mental disorders across all age groups. Clinical Neuropsychology involves psychological observations of human behaviour that affects the brain and nervous system.
Behavioural Science is an important aspect of Clinical Psychology as it involves various aspects that explain the behaviour of human beings and animals. It is a key approach used by researchers and scientists which includes observations, experiments and statistical data that are required to treat patients with different mental disorders. MSc Clinical Psychology provides students with techniques to analyse behaviours and thoughts to diagnose mental issues.
MSc Clinical Psychology Subjects
The subject may differ depending upon the university and specialization you choose. Here are some of the common subjects you will study during the course:
- Research methods in Psychology
- Psychometrics Theory
- Psychology of Social Behaviour Theory
- Personality Theory
- Self and Positive Psychology
- Applications of Psychology
The eligibility criteria for pursuing an MSc in Clinical Psychology vary from university and the country. However, mentioned below are the prerequisites to be eligible for MSc Clinical psychology.
- GRE Scores
- Strong academic background in Maths or Psychology
- Strong academic background in Arts
- A Bachelor’s degree in any field
Top 10 Universites for MSc Clinical Psychology Abroad
Wondering how you can be a part of top-ranked universities in offering MSc Clinical Psychology? Attend the Uniconnect Virtual Fair by Leverage Edu and get a chance to directly apply to your dream university with us. Register Now!
- The University of Sydney
- The University of Adelaide
- University of Technology Sydney
- University of Glasgow
- Coventry University
- University of Liverpool
- The University of Western Australia
- University of South Wales
- Cardiff University
- La Trobe University
Top MSc Clinical Psychology Colleges in India
Wondering if there are any colleges for MSc Clinical Psychology in India? Here is the list of top colleges you should consider:
- Amity University
- Jamia Millia Islamia [JMI] .
- Pandit Ravishankar Shukla University
- Thapar Institute of Engineering and Technology
- Mahatma Jyotiba Phule Rohilkhand University
- Chandigarh University
Distance learning has helped millions of students study at their dream university without the stress of relocating. Students can take lectures and submit assignments at their time convenience. Here are some of the best distance learning universities for MSc Clinical Psychology:
- Pepperdine University Graduate School of Education and Psychology Online
- Divine Mercy University
- Arizona State University
- University of Stirling
- University of Liverpool
Also Read: Career in Psychology
Jobs Available after MSc Clinical Psychology
There are various job options available after you complete your course of MSc Clinical psychology. We have enlisted the job profiles for you below:
- Career Counsellor – A Career Counsellor helps people or individuals reach their career goals.
- Counselling Psychologist – A Counselling Psychologist helps solve problems and issues that cause anxiety and distress to individuals and groups.
- Executive Director – An Executive Director is a social or community service manager. Their main job is to oversee the daily operation of human social service or community organisation.
- Forensic Psychologist – The main job of a Forensic Psychologist is to use psychological expertise to help attorneys and others involved in the legal system to prepare for cases.
- Organisational Psychologist – An Organisational Psychologist is a member of the human resources team and works in business or industries. Organisational Psychologists help in employee screening and review the application of potential job applicants.
- Rehabilitation Counsellor – Rehabilitation Counsellors work and help individuals with developmental and physical challenges.
Expected Salary after MSc Clinical Psychology
|Job Title||Annual Salary||Job Growth|
|School + Career Counsellor||Rs. 42,26,912||8%|
|Counselling Psychologist||Rs. 57,94,123
and School Psychologists)
|Forensic Psychologist||Rs. 71,41,860||12%|
|Rehabilitation Counsellor||Rs. 26,64,279||10%|
|Organisational Psychologist||Rs. 68,83,846||13%|
We hope this blog was able to answer any queries you had regarding pursuing MSc in Clinical psychology. For more admission related information contact our experts at Leverage Edu. Sign up for a free session today!