Are you searching for an affordable country for an MBBS course? Well, Armenia is the answer for you. Armenia has some of the best medical universities acknowledged by the world’s main organizations like WHO, UNESCO, and MCI. Studying MBBS in Armenia can be the best option for medical aspirants. Modern infrastructure, well-equipped laboratories, low course fees, clinical exposure, quality education, are some factors that attract thousands of students to do MBBS in Armenia. Read this blog to know more about the MBBS in Armenia, the application process, eligibility, and much more!
This Blog Includes:
Why Study MBBS in Armenia?
Looking for a reason to choose Armenia over any other destinations? Check out some of the benefits of studying medicine in Armenia for students:
- Armenian medical certificates are recognized by organizations like NMC and WHO
- TOEFL or IELTS is not needed for admission to the MBBS program
- Low cost of living in Armenia
- One of the safest countries in Europe which leads to worry-free education
- Good accessibility and studying environment in Armenia
- No Entrance exams are required for admission to MBBS in Armenia
Also Read : How to Get Direct Admission in MBBS
Every university has specific requirements to be fulfilled by every applicant. Here are some of the common eligibility for MBBS in Armenia:
- An applicant must be of 17 years of age on or before 31st December of the year in which the admission is being taken
- The maximum age limit is 25 for admission into MBBS
- The candidate must have qualified for the NEET exam with the minimum qualifying marks so that he/she becomes eligible for admission into a medical university in Armenia
- The applicant must have cleared the 10+2 exam with a minimum of 50% marks in Physics, Biology, and Chemistry for the general category
- The applicant must be a national from his/her respective country to become eligible for MBBS admission in Armenia
Also Read : MBBS Without NEET in Abroad
The total duration of the MBBS course from Armenian medical university is 6 years which includes 5 years of classroom training and 1 year of practical training in a hospital affiliated with the university. In this program of 6 years of MBBS study, the internship cycle is also included.
Also Read : Best MBBS Colleges in the World
Top Colleges for MBBS in Armenia
These are the top medical colleges that have been recognized by NMC:
- Yerevan State Medical University
- Mkhitar Gosh Armenian-Russian International University
- St. Tereza Medical University
- The University of Traditional Medicine
- Yerevan Haybusak University
Also Read : Courses after MBBS You Must Consider
MBBS in Armenia Cost
The average cost of study in Armenia can range between Rs. 20 Lakhs to Rs.25 Lakhs. The cost of living in Armenia is comparatively affordable than other study destinations. Here are the popular courses along with their courses fee:
|S.No||Name of the University||Total course fees|
|1||Yerevan State Medical University||Rs.24,00,000|
|2||Mkhitar Gosh Armenian-Russian International University||Rs.16,00,000|
|3||St. Tereza Medical University||Rs.20,00,000|
|4||The University of Traditional Medicine||Rs.22,00,000|
|5||Yerevan Haybusak University||Rs.19,00,000|
The admission process for applying to the MBBS course in any medical university in Armenia is easy. Here is the step-wise admission process:
Step 1: The application form has to be filled correctly without any mistakes
Step 2: For an application form, students have to visit the official website of the specific university
Step 3: Once the university receives the application form and if the student is selected, He/she will receive an acceptance letter from that respective university
Step 4: After the admission is confirmed, the student will need to pay the admission fee
Step 5: Once a student gets a printed admission receipt, he or she should apply for the visa through the Armenian embassy along with the necessary documents.
Step 6: After all the checkings and interviews are over, the applicant will receive his/her visa
Step 7: Once a student completes all the proceedings regarding admission to the Armenian medical university, he/she can book their flight tickets to Armenia
Yes, studying MBBS from Armenia is a good option. Students who study MBBS from Armenia get many advantages as medical universities in Armenia offer MBBS education at a very low cost. They are approved by NMC and WHO.
The degree that would be awarded to students who complete MBBS in Armenia is recognized by international bodies like UNESCO, NMC, and WHO around the world and valid globally.
Yes, NEET is mandatory for all students who wish to study MBBS in any country abroad. Students of the General category should clear the NEET exam with a minimum of 60% marks and those of the reserved category with 40% marks.
Thank you for reading about MBBS in Armenia. You can learn about more medical courses on Leverage Edu. Get guidance from our experts in the admission and application process and get admission in your dream course and dream college. For the latest updates around study blogs, you can follow us on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and also subscribe to our newsletter. You can also join our Leverage Edu Community.