Generally, courses after 10 + 2 are done in two parts – Bachelors and Masters in any field the student may want to study further. But what if we tell you there is a way for you to do both at once without taking these courses separately? Yes, it is possible through integrated courses. Here we are discussing integrated MSc courses today. After finishing an integrated course you get both the Bachelors and Masters degrees at once. It also is cheaper and you do not have to take a break or go through the whole admission process again when you could be using that time to study further and getting closer to your dreams.
|Course Name||Integrated MSc|
|Degree Granted||MSc (Post graduate degree)|
|Duration of Course||5 years|
|Minimum Qualification for Application||12th class|
This Blog Includes:
Eligibility Criteria of Integrated MSc Courses
Eligibility is one of the very important details that should be taken care of while applying to any course. Therefore we have provided the eligibility criteria for the MSc integrated course for you below –
- The student should have passed class 12 from a recognized board
- The student must have studied physics, chemistry, mathematics and English in class 12.
- The student must have a score of at least 60% in classes 10th and 12th
- The student must meet the age limit of the institute they have applied to
There are 2 ways to get admission in an MSc integrated course – either merit based or entrance exam based.
- For the merit based MSc courses the colleges release admission forms which can usually be filled online or offline from the campus of the specific institute. The student must qualify their eligibility criteria for the admission.
- For entrance based MSc courses the colleges generally use entrance exams qualifying which the candidate is given admission in the college.
Popular MSc courses
The popular integrated MSc courses that are offered in India are as follows –
- Integrated M.Sc. in Biomedical Science
- Integrated M.Sc. in Computer Science
- Integrated M.Sc. in Physics
- Integrated M.Sc. in Applied Geology
- Integrated M.Sc. in Biotechnology
- Integrated M.Sc. in Cell and Molecular Biology
- Integrated M.Sc. in Chemistry
- Integrated M.Sc. in Earth Sciences
- Integrated M.Sc. in Economics
- Integrated M.Sc. in Mathematics
- Integrated M.Sc. in Medical Biotechnology
- Integrated M.Sc. in Statistics
Also Read: Integrated MBA
The entrance exams that can be taken for admission in integrated MSc courses are –
- AU CET
- YVU CET
- Entrance exam of the specific university that you have applied to since some universities take their own entrance exams
Top Colleges for Integrated MSc Courses
We have provided a list of the top colleges which provide integrated MSc courses below –
|Vellore Institute of Technology (VIT)||Tamil Nadu|
|Manav Rachna International Institute of Research and Studies||Faridabad|
|National Institute of Science Education and Research||Bhubaneswar|
|Yogi Vemana University||Andhra Pradesh|
|Central Institute of Plastics Engineering and Technology||Haryana|
|Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham||Tamil Nadu|
|Dr. B.R Ambedkar School of Economics||Bengaluru|
The fees for integrated MSc courses in government institutes is about INR 20,000 – INR 30,000 at an average. Whereas in private institutes it is about INR 60,000 – INR 3,00,000.
- BSc Courses after 12th Science
- BSc Courses List: All You Need To Know
- Courses after BSc Biotechnology
- Courses after BSc
- Courses after BSc Zoology
- Courses after BSc Computer Science
Both MSc and integrated MSc have their benefits. For MSc you will have to first clear BSc then take admission in MSc for a 2-3 year course. Whereas for integrated MSc you can apply after completing 12th class for a 5 year course. In integrated MSc you won’t have to go through the admission process again and you get the MSc degree directly and faster than the normal MSc.
Integrated courses include both Bachelors and Masters instead of doing them separately the student does it together over a period of 5 years. You do not need to do the Bachelors and Masters separately and will get the postgraduate degree on completing your course after 12th.
Yes, integrated courses are good if you don’t want to go through the admission process and don’t want to do a bachelors and masters together. You can rather use that time in studying and getting closer to your dreams instead of wasting that time on the basic technicalities of doing the courses separately.
Yes, you can do BSc and MSc together through an integrated course. We have provided all the information you would need to get admission in your dream course above. Get admission and get started.
This is all about the integrated MSc course. We hope it helped you. You can browse other courses, colleges, and universities and get help and guidance through the entire admission process from our experts at Leverage Edu. Confused about which course to pursue abroad and which university to go to? Allow our AI Course Finder to solve that for you! Sign up for an e-meeting with our experts TODAY!