Just like NMAT, PUCET, JEE Advanced and other higher education entrance exams in India, CUCET is another exam taken by thousands of aspirants. CUCET is an abbreviation for Central Universities Common Entrance Test and is the gateway to top universities in India. It is conducted by the Central University of Rajasthan where students from all over the country participate for admission in undergraduate, postgraduate and PhD courses. Here are all the details on CUCET Exam 2021!
This Blog Includes:
- Exam Highlights
- CUCET Important Dates 2022
- Latest Updates 2022
- Eligbility Criteria for CUCET 2022
- Application Fee
- Application Process of CUCET Exam 2022
- CUCET 2022 Exam Pattern
- CUCET 2022 Colleges and Universities
- CUCET Syllabus 2022
- How to Prepare for CUCET 2022?
- CUCET 2022 Preparation Books
- CUCET Courses 2022
- CUCET 2022 Registration Process
- CUCET Answer Key 2022
- Guidelines for the Exam Day
- CUCET 2022 Results
|Full-Form||Central Universities Common Entrance Test|
|Exam Mode||Offline for UG/PG programmes
Online for RP programmes
|Programmes||UG, PG, Doctoral|
|Negative Marking||0.25 for UG/PG programmes|
Must Read: Delhi University Entrance Test -DUET 2021
CUCET Important Dates 2022
The exam is held in 120 cities across the country and eligible students are invited to apply for the same. The examination is for two hours and is conducted in pen-paper mode. It is an annual exam, generally conducted in the month of May. Here are the tentative dates for the CUCET exam dates 2022:
|Application Form Notification||March-April 2022|
|Online Registration||April-May 2022|
|Last Date for Registration||May 2022|
|Admit Card||May-June 2022|
|Exam Date||May-June 2022|
|Provisional Answer Key||June 2022|
|Final Answer key||June-July 2022|
Latest Updates 2022
- All students for undergraduate programs in central universities will be admitted through the Central University Common Admission Test (CUCET) from 2022. Presently, most central universities admit students on the basis of their class 12 results.
- The CUCET examinations have added more vernacular options for students whose according to the ongoing winter session in the Rajya Sabha. This new structure will be administered by the National Testing Agency (NTA).
Eligbility Criteria for CUCET 2022
For students to apply for the CUCET exams there are some eligibility criteria that are set by the central universities. The same has been explained below:
Undergraduate: The students must have passed their class 12th from a recognised university. The general category students must have a score of at least 50 per cent and the SC/ST category student must have a score of at least 45 per cent to be eligible for the examination.
Postgraduate: The students who want to apply for a master’s degree in central universities should have a bachelor’s degree from a recognised university. Students must have a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with at least a score of 55 percent (for general category students) and 50 percent (for SC/ST category students).
PhD: The students who are applying for a PhD in the central universities should have a master’s degree from a recognised university. The students applying should have a minimum of 55 per cent in master’s (for general category students) and 50 per cent in master’s (for SC/ST students). If the student has cleared JRF, UGC-CSIR, GATE and any equivalent examination, they do not have to take this examination. However, they do need to register for CUCET.
With the above-mentioned application fees, the candidate can apply to three of the participating universities for three of their courses. If the candidate intends to apply for more, then they have to pay the fees again and proceed with the application.
Application Process of CUCET Exam 2022
- Fill Application Form
The CUCET form can be filled from the official website and after proper filling of the form, the application fees can be paid via online or offline mode.
- Get the Admit Card
The admit card for the CUCET examination is a very important document for the examination and is needed to be carried on the day of examination. Once the admit card is released, it can be downloaded from the official website.
- Taking the Examination
The next step towards clearing CUCET is taking the examination in the allotted exam centre. The exam will be conducted in three slots each exam day for different courses of undergraduate and postgraduate courses.
- Check the Result
The students can check for the results on the official website. The name and application number of the students would be published by the qualifying students.
- Interview Round
This procedure is applicable only for those students who are applying for MA or MSc in Digital Society course. The interview carries 25% of weightage on the admission process. They are generally asked about their future prospects and area of interest.
- Counselling Session
In this session, the students are finally allotted their seats in different universities provided they have filled the application form for their respective universities.
CUCET 2022 Exam Pattern
The basic exam pattern that you can follow to ace your CUCET exams are mentioned below.
The entrance exam’s duration is 2 hours and the question paper is in the MCQ form; There is a negative marking of 0.25 marks and one mark for every correct answer. the exam pattern for UI & PG Programmes is:
- Part A: Language, General Awareness, Mathematical and Analytical Skills – comprising of 25 MCQs
- Part B: 75 MCQs questions from Domain Knowledge. This part may consist of multiple sections of 25 questions each.
The entrance exam for research-based programmes was conducted for 2 hours and there is no negative marking. It is a computer-based test and the exam pattern for RP Programmes is:
- Part A: Language, General awareness, Maths, Analytical reasoning and Research Methodology comprising of 50 MCQs
- Part B: 50 MCQs questions from Domain Knowledge
CUCET 2022 Colleges and Universities
The eligible candidates after the CUCET examination can apply for their higher education in the following universities.
|Dr B R Ambedkar School of Economics||Central University of Andhra University|
|Central University of Gujarat||Central University of Haryana|
|Central University of Jammu||Central University of Karnataka|
|Central University of Kashmir||Central University of Kerala|
|Central University of Rajasthan||Central University of South Bihar|
|Central University of Tamil Nadu||Central University of Punjab|
CUCET Syllabus 2022
CUCET is conducted for multiple programmes in different courses and the syllabus for every programme is different. Candidates can check the syllabus for every course and programme on the official website. Here are the common topics covered in the entrance exam: Part A are-
- Logical Reasoning
- General Knowledge
- Analytical Skills,
- Quantitative Reasoning
The CUCET syllabus for Part B is verified by the conducting body. Candidates can access the syllabus by clicking on this link!
How to Access CUCET Syllabus 2022?
- After you click on the link given above, the link will redirect you to Program Details.
- Scroll down and fill out the details of the program and the university you wish to apply to.
- Download the Syllabus for the desired program and start your preparation.
How to Prepare for CUCET 2022?
The CUCET entrance exam is conducted for a wide range of programmes and courses under the Central Universities across India. The syllabus for each exam depends on the chosen subject and the applied degree. There are a total of 100 questions in every exam- 25 questions are from the general category like Maths, English, GK while 75 questions are subject-specific. Here are some pro-tips on how to prepare for CUCET 2021
- Study the exam pattern and the syllabus for every exam. It is important to know the syllabus of the exam before you start preparing.
- Study the previous year question papers, sample papers and question banks to know what topics are given heavy weightage. Candidates can download the model test paper using this link.
- Post-graduate and research scholars should focus on the important topics of their previous course degree while UG candidates should focus on covering NCERTs for the Part B -paper for domain knowledge.
- Lastly, regular practice and solving question papers is a vital part of how to prepare for CUCET.
CUCET 2022 Preparation Books
Here are some CUCET preparation books that candidates can use for the upcoming exams-
- General Knowledge by Dr Binay Karna, R. P. Suman
- Objective General Knowledge by Sanjiv Kumar
- Competitive English Grammar & Composition by Arihant
- High School English Grammar and Composition by Wren and Martin
- Analytical Reasoning and Logical Reasoning by Arihant Publication
- A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning by R. S Aggarwal
- A New Approach to REASONING Verbal & Non-Verbal by B.S. Sijwalii and Indu Sijwali
- Objective Arithmetic by R S Aggarwal
- Candidates preparing for PG and RP programmes should use their UG and PG study material to prepare for the CUCET exam.
- Candidates preparing for UG programmes can use subject-specific NCERT books and study guides by publishers like R Gupta and Arihant for the domain-specific papers such as Self-Study for LLB Entrance Exam bu Arihant Experts, Self-Study for B. Pharma, Study Guide for BCA.
Candidates can use subject-specific books and compilations used for preparing for other common entrance exams like DUET, CPGET, PUCET & AMUEE.
CUCET Courses 2022
Through the Central Universities Common Entrance Test, applicants can get admission to central universities and state universities that offer UG- integrated courses, PG and doctoral programmes in an array of subjects. Let’s look at the courses under CUCET-
Central universities offer bachelor courses through the CUCET. Applicants have to meet the minimum eligibility criteria for each programme in order to seek admission. There popular bachelor programmes, as well as integrated programmes offered through this entrance, are-
- B.E/B.tech in Computer Science Engineering/Electrical/Civil/
- B.Voc in Biomedical Sciences/Industrial Waste Management
- BSc in Geography/Geology/Psychology/Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics
- BCA- Bachelors in Computer Application
- Integrated B.A. B.Ed
- Integrated B.A. LLB
- Integrated B.Sc. – M.Sc. Botany/Zoology/Chemistry/Physics/Maths/Biotechnology
Under CUCET, candidates can also apply for a plethora of masters courses in different subjects Let’s look at the popular master courses offered by the various central universities under CUCET-
- L.L. M -Law
- M.Ed – Education
- MA in English/History/Social Work/Sociology/Political Science/Psychology/Economics
- MSc in Geography/Computer Science/Physics/Maths/Ecoomics
- MTech in various specialisations
- MBA in popular specialisations like Business Administration/Tourism and Hotel Management/Agribusiness.
Several central universities offer admissions to their PhD programmes via CUCET. Candidates must have a masters programme in the equivalent course to qualify for the entrance and interview conducted by the authority. Here is the list of PhD popular courses-
- Business Administration
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Political Science
CUCET 2022 Registration Process
The registration process for CUCET is online. After checking the eligibility criteria of the programme, candidates are supposed to fill out the application form and upload essential documents. These are some things that every candidate should keep handy while filling out the form-
- A mobile number
- Email ID
- A good quality photograph
CUCET Answer Key 2022
The official answer key for the course-specific entrance exam is available on the official website of CUCET. Candidates can access it by logging in with their assigned roll number and date of birth.
Click here for the Answer Key
Guidelines for the Exam Day
The instructions given on the admit card should be read and followed by the students strictly. They should not forget about any mentioned rule or regulation. Below is a list of things that they should be carrying to the examination hall:
- Admit Card: As previously discussed it is a very important document for the day of examination and must be taken along with you to the exam centre.
- ID Proof: The candidates must be carrying an ID proof along with them on the day of the examination. The ID proof can be an Aadhar card, Pan Card, Voter ID card and so on.
- Photo: Take a passport size photo to the examination centre as it might be required. It is better if it is the same as the one that is used for the application form of the CUCET exam.
CUCET 2022 Results
Here are some of the crucial information that you need to note down regarding the CUCET 2022 results.
- Availability of Results – To check the the exam results, the candidates can refer to the official webiste.
- Shortlisting Process – Candidates are shortlisted after they get their results on the basis of how much they have scored in the CUCET exams.
- GD/PI – The universities who are affilliated with the CUCET exams further shortlists the chosen candidates through group discussion panels and personal interviews.
- Merit List – After the complete interview process, the concerned universities puts out merit lists on the basis of which the candidates get admitted to their respective classes.
CUCET stands for the Central Universities Common Entrance Test. It is a national entrance exam conducted for admissions to undergraduate, graduate and doctoral programmes for a wide range of courses like Economics, Commerce, Physics, English, Computer Science etc.
There are 14 central universities and 4 state universities covered under CUCET.
The eligibility criteria for CUCET differs based on the degree and course. Candidates must fulfil the minimum eligibility criteria to apply to the programmes.
The question paper for UG, PG and research programme is objective in nature. The undergraduate and postgraduate question papers consist of Part A (general paper for 25 marks) and Part B (specific paper for 75 marks) while for research programmes, Part A is for 50 marks (general paper) and Part B is for 50 marks (domain knowledge).
Hopefully, this article has cleared all your doubts about the CUCET examination. If there is still something that is bothering you, do not hesitate to consult Leverage Edu and we will help you reach great heights!