Established in the year 1963, the India Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT) is a highly-rated foreign trade management institution that offers selected management programs largely catering to early to mid-career individuals. It is considered as one of the Top MBA Colleges in India and is steadily gaining recognition throughout the Asian subcontinent and has been accredited “A” grade by NAAC. It has two campuses, the primary one situated in Delhi along with a complimentary Kolkata campus. Names like Kent State University, Bradley University, Deakin University, and Aberystwyth University are amongst its illustrious list of international partners. Through this blog, we aim to bring a complete guide on IIFT executive MBA and its related postgraduate programmes, their admission process as well as other varied essentials.
This Blog Includes:
Tentative Dates for IIFT Executive MBA/Weekend MBA:
The program will commence in the month of February 2023.
Regular & Executive Courses
Course offerings at IIFT include the MBA in International Business (full-time & part-time), Executive Master’s in International Business along with various certificate and doctoral programs. The university also recently started a Master’s in Economics program and offers corporate training, and hybrid/off-campus degree courses as well. Glance over the following list to know about the programs offered including the IIFT Executive MBA.
- MBA in International Business (Full Time-2 years)
- Weekend International Business MBA (2 years 6 months)
- Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Business (On-campus & Hybrid)
- MA in Economics (2 Years) with specialization in Trade & Finance
- Post Graduate Certificate Programme in Business Management (through Talentedge)
- Certificate program in Export-Import Management
- Professional Training Programme in International Business Analytics & Market Intelligence (Hybrid/Off-Campus)
- Professional Training Programme in Supply Chain and Trade Logistics (Hybrid/Off-Campus)
- Executive Development Program in Strategies for International Business (Online Programs- EMP)
- Executive Development Program in Global Supply Chain Management (Online Programs- EMP)
IIFT Weekend MBA (International Business)
Catering to mid-career professionals, the IIFT Weekend MBA-International Business is an effort to make the regular MBA program accessible for working executives. It consists of the same combination of core and elective courses as in the regular MBA program including but not limited to Business Economics, Financial Risk Management (FRM), Strategic HRM, Data Analysis, International Business, Operations Research and Macroeconomics. Commonly referred to as IIFT Executive MBA since it is conducted on weekends for working professionals, to enter the program, one needs to have obtained a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a certified college/university. Moreover, applicants are also required to possess at least three years of working experience in managerial positions. The admission process consists of group discussion, essay writing and interview.
Executive Post Graduate Diploma in International Business (EPGDIB)- On-Campus & Hybrid
Other than the IIFT Executive MBA, the institution also offers the EPGDIB program provided through two pathways, namely, on-campus and a combination of online and on-campus both of which run for a period of 15 months. Offering three specializations of international business, international marketing, and international finance, the EPGDIB course is designed to equip professionals with the necessary tools and techniques to build a solid foundation in the field of International Business Management and other closely related areas. The core courses include Accounting for Managers, Business Economics, Global Business Environment, and Supply Chain Management and elective courses include Bond Market Analysis, Equity Market Analysis, Investment Banking, and Marketing Research, amongst others. Students can also take advantage of an International Port Visit. The eligibility criteria for entering the program are:
- Bachelors or related qualifications from a certified university with a minimum of 50% marks.
- At least 5 years of work experience in managerial positions.
Also Read: FRM Exam
Benefits of the IIFT Executive MBA Program
- All Executive MBA programs delivered at IIFT aim to give global exposure to the candidates.
- Helps in creating a global footprint for the business and products.
- In-depth understanding of international business, ties, relations, trade, and strategy.
- Allow candidates to enter into the world of strategic partnerships.
For more information on IIFT Executive MBA, prospective applicants are advised to visit the official website for the latest information.
At its campuses in New Delhi and Kolkata, IIFT offers a three-year, part-time MBA in international business; New Delhi Executive Masters in International Business; New Delhi Diploma Courses in Export Management
Bachelor’s degree from a university or other accredited institution.
Three years of managerial-level work experience following graduation.
It is necessary to have company sponsorship or an employer-issued No Objection Certificate.
There is no upper age limit.
Professionally speaking, an executive MBA is just as valuable as a regular MBA because it constantly positions you for advancement.
If you are interested in pursuing IIFT Executive MBA or other MBA Courses in India or abroad, it is important to choose a suitable specialization and university combination based on your interests, skills, and abilities. Leverage Edu’s AI tool and our team of experts can guide you in this crucial career selection phase as well as successfully nail the application process to ensure that you can make an informed decision towards a rewarding career.