The Indian Institute of Foreign Trade (IIFT), incorporated by the Government of India in 1963 is an autonomous business school. With campuses situated in Delhi and Kolkata, the institute aims at imparting knowledge and equipping students with skills to improve foreign trade management and increase exports. Ranked 26th in the NIRF rankings-2020, IIFT is renowned for its certificate, doctoral, and executive programs.
The MBA in International Business (MBA-IB) is a flagship program of the institute and is a popular choice amongst students and to enrol in the program, the students have to clear the exam conducted by the National Testing Agency(NTA). In this blog, we will provide you with the information related to MBA programs offered by the foreign trade institute, eligibility criteria, the application process, etc comprehensively.
|Exam Conducting Body||National Testing Agency (NTA)|
|Number of MBA colleges under IIFT||3|
|Mode of Exam||Computer Based Test (online)|
|Total Questions in IIFT Exam||110 (based on Last Year number)|
|Sectional Division of Exam||4 Sections|
|Exam Duration||2 hours (3 PM to 5 PM)|
|Exam sections||Quantitative Analysis
Reading Comprehension and Verbal Ability
Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning
|Scoring Pattern||1.5 Mark to 3 Marks for each correct answer|
|Negative Marking||1/3 of the Marks allotted for a correct answer|
|Cut off Percentile for Shortlisting||95%|
|Raw Score cut off out of 300||115-120 out of 300|
NOTE: IIFT 2021 exam has already been conducted and the results are out (mentioned below).
This Blog Includes:
- IIFT 2021: MBA Programs Offered
- Important Changes in IIFT 2021
- IIFT 2021 Results Out
- IIFT 2021 Toppers
- IIFT 2021 Placements
- IIFT 2022 Important Dates
- IIFT 2022 Selection Criteria
- IIFT 2022 Exam Pattern
- IIFT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
- IIFT 2022 Documents Required
- IIFT 2022 Application Process
IIFT 2021: MBA Programs Offered
Befoe going through the important details pertaining to the exam, it is important to understand the program details. Given below are the two types of MBA courses offered by the IIFT:
MBA in International Business (MBA-IB)
The Master in Business Administration in International Business (MBA-IB) is a competent executive program that is designed to instill the business and management skills in the students so as to deal with the real-time market situation with professionalism. From Business Economics and Consumer Behaviour to International Marketing Management and Legal Aspects of Business, this MBA program of IIFT covers various topics comprehensively. It is offered in two modes:
- 2-Years MBA (International Business) – Full Time
- 3-Years MBA (International Business) – Weekend
MBA Executive Programmes
The executive MBA program offered by IIFT is of two types: on-campus and hybrid and it runs for a period of 15 months. The program is designed for working executives who want to gain expertise in international business. The three executive specializations offered here are:
- Executive MBA in International Business
- Executive MBA in International Marketing
- Executive MBA in International Finance
Important Changes in IIFT 2021
- It is now being conducted by the National Testing Agency (NTA) and not by IIFT, since 2019.
- IIFT 2021 exam timings have been changed from 10 AM to 12 noon to 3 PM to 5 PM this year.
- IIFT 2021 will be a computer-based exam that will be conducted online.
- The exam will be conducted at the national level in all the 68 cities by NTA.
- Instead of a total of 6 sections, the IIFT 2021 admission test will now consist of 4 sections with 110 questions and a maximum of 300 points with varying section scores.
- As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, the 2021 IIFT exam for MBA (IB) is being delayed. However, the delayed completion of the IIFT test may have no impact on the IIFT intake process in 2021.
IIFT 2021 Results Out
The results for IIFT 2021 were announced on February 16th, 2021, on their official website of NTA. The scorecard can be downloaded by the candidates using their login information. The scorecard of IIFT 2021 contains the scaled score as well as the percentiles obtained by the candidates (both overall and sectional). Candidates will be asked to join the further admission process according to their merit ranks.
Here’s how you can check your IIFT result 2021:
- Visit the official website of IIFT 2021 or NTA
- Click on the notification indicating ‘IIFT 2021: MBA (IB) scorecard’
- Enter application number and password or date of birth
- IIFT 2021 result cum scorecard will appear on the screen
- Download and take a printout of the scorecard
- Details mentioned on the IIFT scorecard
IIFT 2021 Toppers
- Karan Dutta – 99.12 Percentile score
- Kumar Abhishek – 99.29 Percentile Score
- Ehsaan Malhotra – 99.06 Percentile Score
- Saransh Mohanty – 99.08 Percentile Score
IIFT 2021 Placements
The IIFT is one of India’s most prominent Business schools and is known for its impressive placements. A large number of firms, over 90, came to the placements this year to hire some of the best most successful students in their company. The highest salary received by the student is Rs 1 crore (By Olam International) and the average salary received by the students was Rs 20 LPA.
- ECommerce: MMT, Lenskart, Swiggy, Flipkart
- Finance: Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan, ICICI, DE Shaw
- Sales & Management: HUL, ITC, Dell, GE CLP
- General Management: Airtel, Mahindra GMC, RPG
- Consulting: CEP, Bain & Company, Deloitte
- IT & Others: Google, Amazon, Genpact
IIFT 2022 Important Dates
|Notification releasing of IIFT Entrance exam||August 2021|
|Starting date of the application form||September 2021|
|Ending date of the application form||October 2021|
|Due date of submitting a request for change of test center||October 2021|
|The due date for applying through GMAT scores for NRI and foreign nationals||October 2021|
|Date of release of the Admit card||November 2021|
|Date of IIFT Entrance Exam||December 2021|
|Date of announcement of the Results||December 2021|
|Date of release of Scorecard||January 2022|
|Date of commencement of Group Discussion (GD) and Personal Interview (PI) rounds.||January or February 2022|
IIFT 2022 Selection Criteria
The candidates are first required to clear the IIFT exam with a minimum percentile to be eligible to appear in further rounds. Those who are shortlisted are then called for Essay Writing, Group Discussion, and Personal Interview. This procedure is followed for both, Executive MBA program and the MBA-IB course.
IIFT 2022 Exam Pattern
In 2017, IIFT changed its exam pattern by increasing the number of sections in the exam. This 2017 format has been amended for the 2022 IIFT entry exam. The IIFT is now reduced to 4 sections with questions on:
|Section||Number of questions||Marks per Question||TotalMarks||Negative
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||35 questions||3||105||-1||Grammar
|General Knowledge and Awareness||20 questions||1.5||30||-0.5||Banking
|Logical Reasoning||30 questions||3||90||-1||Series & Analysis
|Quantitative Analysis||25 questions||3||75||-1||Mensuration
The exam remains a 120-minute objective multi-choice written test (in English). However, the number of questions may vary.
IIFT 2022 Eligibility Criteria
The candidates who aspire to take admission in MBA-International Business and MBA executive programs offered by IIFT have to fulfill the below-mentioned eligibility criteria in order to enroll in this program:
- Only the applicants who are citizens of India are eligible to apply.
- No age barriers for the applicants of the entrance exam.
- The applicant must have completed a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline in order to get admission in the institution.
- The applicants must have secured more than 50 % marks in the qualifying exam.
- The applicants who are in the final year of their qualifying degree are also eligible to apply.
IIFT 2022 Documents Required
Following are the documents which have to be submitted by the applicants who are applying for MBA (Full Time/Weekend) program and Executive MBA programs:
- Academic score details
- Scanned passport-sized photograph in JPG/JPEG format.
- Scanned signature in JPG/JPEG format.
- Scanned copy of the category certificate in case of (OBC/SC/ST) in JPG/JPEG format.
- Valid email ID and mobile number
IIFT 2022 Application Process
The IIFT 2022 Application Process will be held in both online as well as offline mode.The applicants will be able to get the IIFT 2022 Application Form in the month of September 2021.
The applicants who want to apply through the online mode can visit the official website.
- Student applicant has to register at the official website of IIFT by clicking on “New Admission”
- After registration, click on the application form link and start filling the requisite details.
- in the application form, the student has to furnish personal, academic details and professional work experience.
- Upload the documents required by the institute.
- Upload evidence of payment of application fees
- Students have to submit the application form and retain a hard copy of the application form.
- The applicants who want to apply for the entrance exam in offline mode will have to purchase the IIFT 2022 Application Form from the post office or from the counter of IIFT.
- The applicants will have to make the payment of the IIFT 2022 Application Fee in cash or through DD and then get the IIFT 2022 Application Form.
- Then the applicants will have to fill the IIFT 2022 Application Form manually using a black or blue ball pen.
- The applicants must ensure that they do not make any mistakes in the IIFT 2022 Application Form. Cancellations made in the IIFT 2022 Application Form will lead to rejection of the same.
- Then the applicants must submit the duly filled IIFT 2022 Application Form to the official authorities by speed post to the below-mentioned address
Hopefully, this blog has provided you with an insight into the IIFT MBA 2022 details. Getting into institutes like IIFT, Xavier Business School, NMIMS, etc is an exhaustive task. Thus, if you are planning to pursue an MBA from abroad then it is important to note that the deadlines for September 2021 intake are about to close. The experts at Leverage Edu will assist you not only with the admission related formalities but also help you in preparing for Visa interviews.