Robert H. Smith School of Business, University of Maryland offers an MBA program designed to provide the educational foundation for those students with the highest degree of excellence in future careers as professional managers. The University of Maryland MBA is offered in various fields of study like General Management, Consulting, Marketing, Supply Chain, Operations, Logistics, and Finance, and also offers an online MBA and executive MBA for working professionals. The University of Maryland MBA will make you learn how to leverage big data to make better decisions and explore career options in a tight-knit community that encourages collaboration and intelligent risk-taking. Keep reading about the University of Maryland MBA to know more about its academics, eligibility criteria, and a lot more.
This Blog Includes:
- University of Maryland MBA Curriculum
- Career Prospects
- University of Maryland MBA Dual Degree Program
- Eligibility Requirements
- University of Maryland MBA Admissions
University of Maryland MBA Curriculum
Maryland Smith’s full-time MBA curriculum has been carefully designed to deliver what you need for long-term success. They balance rigorous core learning that delves into the theory of business practice with focus areas and career specializations that better prepare you for a specific segment of the job market. Following is the core curriculum of the University of Maryland MBA (30 credits):
- Financial Accounting
- Managerial Economics
- Finance Data-Driven Decision Models
- Leadership and Teamwork
- Strategic and Transformational IT
- Managerial Accounting
- Operations Management
- Data Analytics
- Strategic Management
- Global Economics Environment
- Integrative Capstone
- Leading Strategically
Maryland Smith’s focus areas assist you in developing a coherent career narrative by providing you with a selection of carefully crafted specializations for your MBA.
- Banking Finance Specialization
- Corporate Finance Specialization
- The Mayer Fund
- Brand & Product Management Specialization
- Customer Analytics
- Consulting Specialization
- Organization Leadership Specialization
- Strategy & Economics
- Supply Chain Management Specialization
- Innovation & Technology
It is an honour for any MBA aspirant to be a part of the prestigious b-school that is highly renowned for its curriculum and academic excellence. Having said that, the University of Maryland MBA is also renowned for the career prospects that the course offers the students to explore.
Below is a list of top recruiters that often recruit students who are studying MBA from the University of Maryland:
- Air Products
- Bank of America
- General Mills
- M&T Bank
- Hershey, etc
2023 Class Career Outcomes
- Average Base Salary: 116,418 USD (INR 86,64,000)
- Average Signing Bonus: 27,000
- Average Total Compensation: 144,000
University of Maryland MBA Dual Degree Program
Combine your MBA degrees with graduate coursework in the other University of Maryland degree programs to create a unique set of skills and knowledge. Requirements for dual degrees vary by program. Following are a few dual degree programs that the University of Maryland offers:
Employers want candidates who know how to analyze big data and think critically to solve business problems. Maryland Smith’s master’s degree programs are designed to give you just that. You will develop advanced knowledge of a specialized business area, helping you stand out and make a real impact in the workplace.
Combining a top JD program and one of the world’s premier MBA programs, students will be exposed to two diverse curricula and faculties. Students will experience life in the Washington-Baltimore corridor, a 40-mile stretch connecting two exceptional cities that share one of the richest concentrations of resources and talent in the nation.
Master of Real Estate Development
The combination of real estate development knowledge and business management expertise will offer students the skill and practice to become innovators who will have impactful and unparalleled careers in real estate.
Master of Social Work
In social services agencies, financial and business expertise combined with social work practice, knowledge, and experience is invaluable. The degrees complement each other and provide graduates with a combination of knowledge, experience, and values necessary in business and the human service system.
Experiential Learning of University of Maryland MBA
They will provide you with the following:
- Smith Live Classes
- Mayer Fund
- Case Competitions
- Adventure Challenge
Enlisted are the academic requirements you must have before applying to the University of Maryland MBA:
- Academic History: The online application allows you to upload scanned official transcripts for each college or university attended.
- Quantitative Preparation: Before beginning MBA coursework applicants must demonstrate undergraduate or graduate quantitative coursework, strong quantitative skills displayed on the GMAT or GRE test, or quantitative-centred professional experience.
- Professional History: The online application portal requires you to upload a professional resume.
- GMAT/GRE Exam: The COVID-19 pandemic has upended many aspects of our lives, but Maryland Smith wants to help prospective MBA students keep their career ambitions on track. We are now making it easier to apply for a full-time MBA, even without a GMAT or GRE score.
- Recommendation Letter: The full-time MBA program requires an applicant to share one recommender’s name and email address. We prefer professional recommendations from someone who has managed you in the past, typically a past experience or current supervisor.
- Application Fee: A non-refundable application fee of $75 is required.
- English Language Proficiency scores: Proof of English Language Proficiency Test is required for non-native English speakers (TOEFL, IELTS, PTE official test scores).
University of Maryland MBA Admissions
MBA Student Profile
Check out the following table to know the University of Maryland MBA Student Profile Averages to date:
|Years Professional Experience||6|
|Average Undergraduate GPA||3.23|
|Average GMAT score||640|
|Total Number of Student||120|
Important Dates and Deadlines
To apply for fall 2021, complete applications must be received by the dates indicated below:
|Application Deadlines||Decision Notification Dates|
|October 1, 2022||November 1, 2022|
|November 1, 2022||December 2, 2022|
|December 15, 2022(Scholarship priority deadline for international candidates)||January 29, 2023|
|January 15, 2022(Scholarship priority deadline for international candidates)||March 1, 2023|
|March 15, 2022||April 24, 2023|
|April 30, 2022||Within 2-4 weeks of submission|
Admissions to the University of Maryland, College Park are more selective, with a 52% acceptance rate and a 60% early acceptance rate. Half the applicants admitted to the University of Maryland have an SAT score between 1330 and 1510 or an ACT score of 30 and 34.
There is no definitive response to this query, however, generally speaking, a score below 3.4 GPA may be regarded as a low GPA. You might want to have a secure ground at 3.4 and above if you want to pursue the top MBA programmes. The average GPA required to enrol in an MBA programme at one of the top 50 colleges ranges from 3.4 to 3.7.
Historically, some of the greatest and most in-demand MBA specialities have included finance, marketing, HR, operations, and entrepreneurship. Many students also view these concentrations as the safest.
The University of Maryland MBA is on its mission to promote research excellence, sustainable innovative programs, and an inclusive learning environment. We hope you found our blog post insightful. Sound like you? Reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu to proceed with your application by taking up our free 30-minute consultation session today! Enrol Now!