Financial Year, Assets, Liabilities, Revenues, Expenses, Ledger – Do you strongly desire to grasp these terms completely? Is being an accountant at the top of your list of potential careers? Then pursuing a career in accounting will be the most excellent choice for you! Students can enrol in the Certificate in Accounting programme solely based on their high school grades. In general, there are no entrance exams needed to enrol in this course. This blog will discuss the certificate in accounting courses that can help you build a strong career in this field.
|Full-Form||Certificate in Accounting|
|Duration||6 Months to 1-Year|
|Course Fee||India: INR 7, 0 00 to 20,000 Abroad: INR 7 Lakh- INR 10 Lakh|
|Average Salary||India: INR 2-4 LakhAbroad: INR 12 Lakh-INR 20 Lakh|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Accounting firms, financial firms, Banks, Auditing Firms, etc|
|Job Positions||Accounts Assistant, Investment, Banker, Equity Research Analyst, Corporate Analyst, Investments Analyst, Risk Analyst & Securities Analyst, Financial Analyst, Financial Controller, etc.|
Overview: Certificate in Accounting
To learn more about the Certificate in Accounting, read the following:
- The course will give you knowledge and abilities that may be used in a variety of fields and businesses, where accountants are always in demand.
- Depending on the candidate’s option and the colleges they have shortlisted, the programme can be pursued either full-time or part-time.
- For students looking for employment in this field, the minimum course length is six months and the maximum is one year.
- With training in business, finance, financial reporting, taxation, auditing, accounting systems, and other topics, the Certification in Accounting programme enables applicants to enter the accounting and finance sectors.
- Good analytical and quantitative skills are essential for pursuing an accounting certification.
- Students will learn about common business administration strategies, accounting ethics, statistics, and accounting theory in this course, preparing them for profitable job opportunities.
- They will learn how to create company proposals, financial statements, and tax returns in this course, which is a skill that most employers require.
Why Pursue a Certificate in Accounting Course?
The following are some advantages of earning an accounting certificate:
- Key Skills Required: The fundamental accounting ideas, such as maintaining financial records, filing taxes, managing payroll, etc., must be understood by students. While studying the course, a student will acquire fundamental knowledge such as reporting financial data, budgets, and payroll activity.
- Lucrative Career Possibilities: One of the most popular job options made by Indian students is a profession in this industry. The training offers a wide range of professional options in occupations such as clerk, payroll clerk, and accounts clerk. For occupations like finance managers, financial controllers, certified public accountants, chief financial officers, and many more, lucrative employment opportunities are accessible both in India and abroad.
- Top Industries: There are several industries available to students with an accounting certificate. Popular ones include banks, investment companies, accounting businesses, financial firms, auditing firms, etc.
- Further Studies: Students can pursue an associate’s, bachelor’s, or master’s degree in the same profession while gaining job experience in the industry through a certificate in accounting. The training is beneficial for people getting ready for certification and licence.
Certificate in Accounting Syllabus
The syllabus of the certificate in accounting courses can vary with different universities. Below is a semester-by-semester breakdown of the core and major Certificate in Accounting curriculum that each applicant study during the course’s duration.
|Cost Planning and Analysis||Corporate Governance|
|Budgeting and Management Control||Strategic Finance|
|Group Financial Statements||Research Methodology|
|Strategic Management Accounting||Project|
|Project Financial Management||–|
The following qualifications must be met to enrol in the course:
- The 10+2 senior secondary examinations, or any exam similar, must have been passed by aspirants from a recognised board.
- Depending on the institution, different minimum scores may be required for admission to this course.
In India, entrance to Certificate in Accounting programmes is merit-based and based on students’ performance in high school exams. There are very few colleges that admit students to Certificate in Accounting programmes based only on entrance exams.
Under merit-based admissions, universities publish their own cutoff lists, and if a student meets those requirements, they are able to enrol in the course.
The steps to remember while applying for admission to a certificate in accounting are as follows:
- Go to the college’s online application portal and register by providing the necessary information, such as your name, phone number, email address, etc.
- Enter your “Username” and “Password” after they have been generated. Candidates must complete the application form and provide personal and academic information, including their gender, address, subject, and grade point averages.
- The candidate must provide scanned copies of all necessary paperwork, including the mark sheet, certificates, photo, and signature. The scanned copies must follow the college’s specifications for size and format.
- Comply with the college’s requirements and pay the application cost. The confirmation will be mailed to the applicant once the application cost has been paid in full.
- Following the completion of registration and fees, the colleges will publish and announce the names of the qualified students who have been admitted to the course.
Certificate in Accounting Colleges in India
Some of the top universities in India that offer certificate programmes in accounting are:
|The ICFAI Foundation for Higher Education||Hyderabad|
|University of Mumbai||Mumbai|
|Himalayan University||Arunachal Pradesh|
|The IIS University||Rajasthan|
|Gnanamani Institute of Management Studies||Tamil Nadu|
|Kanoria PG Mahila Mahavidyalaya||Rajasthan|
Certificate in Accounting Colleges Abroad
Some of the top universities abroad that offer certificate programmes in accounting are:
|St. Clair College||Canada|
|Unversity of Windsor||Canada|
|Seneca College of Applied Arts and Technology||Canada|
|Swinburne University of Technology||Australia|
|Southern California Institute of Technology||USA|
Want to study abroad but are worried about expenses? Let Leverage Finance help you!
Certificate in Accounting Job Prospects
Graduates of the Certificate in Accounting Course may look for employment in the accounting departments of public or private organisations. These people can work in a variety of fields, including business, finance, accounting systems, taxation, auditing, and corporate finance.
NRHM, RBI banks, Oil India Limited, AIG, Boeing, Philips, JP Morgan Chase, and other leading employers are just a few of the top recruiters. With an average pay of INR 3-5 LPA, these prestigious companies engage these experts. The following are some of the key job descriptions connected to the course:
- Bookkeeping Clerk
- Tax Accountant
- Accounting Clerk
- Billing Clerk
Must Read: MS in Accounting in the USA
Which accounting certification is the most straightforward to obtain? These certificates are all challenging to earn because they each require extensive exams and prerequisites that must be satisfied. The CIA designation has the quickest exam and fewest prerequisites of any certification.
Due to the extensive exams and requirements that must be satisfied in order to earn any certification, they are all challenging to obtain. The CIA designation is the certification with the quickest exam and fewest criteria.
Typically, earning an accounting certificate takes less than two years and no more than 30 credits. Learners can obtain accounting certifications in a hybrid, on-campus, or online format depending on the school. Typically, certificate programmes begin with introductory business and accounting classes.
Getting a degree in accounting is actually no more challenging than getting a degree in any other possible topic of study. You will encounter sophisticated accounting concepts, just like in any other application, but you may also find parts of it to be quite simple or even straightforward.
To know more about the certificate in accounting courses and also about such short-term courses, connect with our Leverage Edu experts and apply to top universities.