When you pursue CMA or Certified Management Accountant courses from reputed universities in India, you can prepare yourself to handle a superior level of accounting and different types of roles in terms of business leadership. The CMA course in India is issued by the Institute of Management Accountants, which has global popularity. If you want to establish yourself in the top positions of financial leadership, pursue either a CMA India or a CMA USA degree. This blog will thoroughly discuss and compare CMA India vs CMA USA.
|Name of the Course||CMA (Certified Management Accountant) India||CMA (Certified Management Accountant) USA|
|Course Duration||3 years||6 months|
Larsen & Toubro
Johnson & Johnson
|Fees||INR 95k||INR 73k|
This Blog Includes:
- Why CMA Course is Great?
- CMA India vs CMA USA Syllabus and Subjects
- Colleges for CMA India Course
- Colleges for CMA USA Course
- Registration Process
- Eligibility Criteria
- Scholarships for CMA USA
- Jobs and Salaries
Why CMA Course is Great?
The Certified Management Accountant course is undoubtedly great for candidates who are looking for world-class opportunities. There are a couple of advantages to pursuing this course. Here’s a list that you need to know:
- One of the best advantages of CMA India vs CMA USA is that you’ll receive great career development and growth opportunities. Whether you become a senior or a middle-level professional, you can gain knowledge about accounting and financial management.
- CMA is a global certification course. When you acquire your degree, you can receive job opportunities in America as well as India.
- If you’re someone who’s looking for great financial success, the CMA course will prove beneficial for you. As per reports, the demand for CMA professionals in America and India has increased by more than 40%.
CMA India vs CMA USA Syllabus and Subjects
CMA India Syllabus
The CMA India course is divided into three different levels. Here’s a table that would help you understand the syllabus and subjects.
|Foundation Course||Intermediate Course Group 1||Intermediate Course Group 2||Final Course Group 1||Final Course Group 2|
|Fundamentals and Economics and Management||Financial Accounting||Operations Management & Strategic Management||Corporate Laws and Compliance||Corporate Financial Reporting|
|Fundamentals of Accounting||Laws and Ethics||Indirect Taxation||Strategic Financial Management||Indirect Tax Laws and Practice|
|Fundamentals of Laws & Ethics||Cost Accounting||Company Accounts & Audit||Strategic Cost Management||Cost and Management Audit|
|Fundamentals of Business Mathematics and Statistics|
CMA USA Syllabus
The CMA US course is as complicated as the CMA India course. This is why students who are searching for CMA India vs CMA USA take a closer look at the syllabus. Here’s the syllabus for CMA US:
- Technology and analysis
- Internal controls
- Cost management
- Investment decisions
- Decision analysis
- Corporate finance
- Professional ethics
Colleges for CMA India Course
If you’re going through CMA India vs CMA USA and decide to pursue your CMA certification course from India, here’s a list of colleges you should know:
|Name of the University||Duration|
|Adamas University||3 years|
|Amity University Patna||3 years|
|Banaras Hindu University||3 years|
|Bhavnagar University||3 years|
|CMR University||3 years|
|Christ University||3 years|
|ITM University||3 years|
|Punjab University||3 years|
|Sardar Patel University||3 years|
Colleges for CMA USA Course
One of the best benefits of US CMA course is that it’s accepted globally. Apart from global recognition, the fees for the US CMA are also lesser than Indian CMA. When you’re comparing CMA India vs CMA USA, the prices as well as the placement will have a solid impact on your decision. Here’s a table of the best CMA USA colleges.
|Name of the University||Duration|
|NDCB-Nagarjuna Degree College Bangalore||6 months|
|AMMDC-Annapurna Memorial Modern Degree College||6 months|
|JIBA-Jivkaran Institute of Business Administration||6 months|
|Gandhi Shanti Niketan Mahavidyalaya||6 months|
|SMJC-Sri Medha Junior College||6 months|
|CMES-College of Management and Economics Studies||6 months|
|SC-Superwhizz college||6 months|
|ICAT-Image College of Arts Animation and Technology||6 months|
|Jivkaran Institute of Business Administration||6 months|
|College of Management and Economic Studies||6 months|
The registration process for the CMA India vs CMA USA is different from one another. We’ll discuss this matter in form of a table to help you understand properly.
For CMA India
- Go to the university website and choose the CMA course.
- Fill in the relevant details and proceed to the next step.
- Upload the relevant documents.
- Make a payment of the course fees.
- Don’t forget to print the application form for future purposes.
For CMA USA
- You must be a member of IMA; If not, you need to fill out a registration form as per your career.
- After that, you need to pay the tuition fees. When you become a member of IMA, make sure you pay a one-time fee so that you can be eligible for the exam.
- As the exam is taken in two parts, you need to pay the exam fees twice.
- After paying the fees and completing the registration process, you’ll receive a confirmation mail.
The list of documents that you need for the CMA exam is:
- Passport-size photo
- Class 10th results
- Class 12th results
- Graduation degree and additional certificates (If applicable)
- CMA intermediate pass
Before you apply for the CMS course, you need to know the eligibility criteria.
For CMA India
Foundation Course Eligibility
- The candidate needs to complete their class 10th exam.
- The candidate must pass their 10+2 exam or Diploma in the respected field.
Intermediate Course Eligibility
- 10+2 exam as well as a foundation course is mandatory.
- ICAI or intermediate ICAI is required.
- The candidate also needs to pass the foundation course.
Final Course Eligibility
- The candidate needs to pass the intermediate course.
- The candidate needs to pass 15 months of training.
For CMA USA
- The candidate must be a member of the IMA.
- The candidate must have a UG degree from a well-known university.
- The UG degree of the candidate needs to be relevant.
- The candidate must have prior work experience of at least two years in financial accounting or management accounting.
- The candidate must adhere to the Statement of Ethical Professional Practice of IMA.
Scholarships for CMA USA
Many students who are comparing CMA India vs CMA USA also consider the scholarships before choosing. Here are the different types of scholarships:
|Scholarship Name||Awarded to|
|IMA Century Scholarship Award||Applicable for UG senior and junior students with IMA student chapters|
|CMA Scholarship Program||Students with outstanding qualifications|
|IMA Doctoral Scholars Program||Students who want to pursue research and accounting|
Jobs and Salaries
Whether you complete CMA USA or CMA India course, you will have various job opportunities, especially when you have a CMA USA degree as it’s recognized worldwide. Keep in mind that your opportunities will be bigger when you complete the CMA USA program. Here are the jobs you can get after completing your exam:
|Job Roles||Salary per Year|
|Certified Public Accountant||USD 60,000 (INR 49 Lakhs)|
|Senior Finance Analyst||USD 70,000 (INR 57 Lakhs)|
|Finance Manager||USD 75,000 (INR 61 Lakhs)|
|Accounting Manager||USD 65,000 (INR 53 Lakhs)|
Unlike CMA India, CMA USA has worldwide recognition. Hence, you can approach large companies without any hesitation.
Yes, of course. The career prospects will become sharper after you pursue the CMA USA exam.
Yes CMA is valid in the USA. Not to mention, the demand is also increasing.
If you want to get into a high-ranked university, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realise your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session