BE Electronics is one such degree course that aims to familiarise students with the fundamentals of how electronics operate, their functioning systems, design, development and the like. As a common variant of BSc in Electronics, this degree program is more concentrated on the multidisciplinary aspects of electronics and electrical engineering and covers various other dimensions like communication engineering, microelectronics and instrumentation engineering amongst many other subjects. This blog brings you a detailed guide on BE Electronics, its course content, eligibility, universities, scope and more.
|Full-Form||Bachelors in Engineering in Electronics|
|Basic Eligibility||At least 50% marks in Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics along with a required scorr in entrance exam|
|Average Salary||INR 4,00,000- 6,50,000 PA|
|Job Profiles||Electronics Engineer, System Control Software, Electronics Design and Development Engineer, Desktop Support Engineer, Database Administrator, Lecturer or Professor|
|Top Recruiters||Texas Instruments, Bharat Heavy Electricals, Wipro, Siemens, Nvidia, HCL Technology|
This Blog Includes:
What is BE Electronics?
BE Electronics is generally offered as a 4-year undergraduate course and encompasses an in-depth study of various electrical equipment and devices as well as their design, development and manufacturing, amongst others. It equips students with the knowledge of different tools and techniques to develop more advanced and revolutionary innovations. An amalgamation of engineering branches, this specialized degree program is popularly opted by those who want to learn about hard and software design and development and further aspire to pursue a career as a software engineer, network planning engineer, instrumentation engineer, to name a few.
Recommended Read: Electronics and Communication Engineering
Specialisations and Combinations
Since Electronics is a very vast field that is essential for the smooth functioning of various fields, there are many courses available that are a combination of the field with related domains. Here are some of the popular combinations that you may find with Electronics-
- BE Electronics and Communication Engineering
- BE Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- BE Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
Must Read: Top BE Courses
BE Electronics Syllabus
Through the 4-year journey of teh course, you will be made familiar woth the following subjects-
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Applied Mathematics||Applied Mathematics(II)|
|Applied Physics||Applied Physics(II)|
|Applied Chemistry||Applied Chemistry(II)|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Applied Mathematics||Applied Mathematics(IV)|
|Electronics and Circuits||Linear Engineering|
|Digital System||Control Systems|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Communication Engineering Laboratory||VLSI Design|
|Micro controls and Processing||Instrumentation Systems|
|Linear Integrated Circuits||Power Electronics|
|Semester VI||Semester VII|
|IC Technology||VLSI Design|
|Power Electronics(II)||Embedded System Design|
There are certain eligibility requirements which you need to qualify to apply for a BE Electronics or its related courses. These criteria test the eligibility and evaluate the skills of the prospective students and judge their efficacy. Though the actual course requirements will mainly differ as per the course and university, here are the general eligibility criteria you must ensure before applying for this degree:
- The applicant must have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board and should have achieved a minimum percentage of marks specified by their chosen college/university.
- Students aspiring to study abroad would have to undertake standardized exams for BE Electronics like SAT and ACT depending upon the university requirements.
- Apart from this, you will also have qualify English language proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL etc. which demonstrate the command of the student over the English language.
- Universities also evaluate the profiles of the students considering their admission essays, SOP, LORs, etc.
- In India, universities generally ask applicants to provide entrance exam scores of JEE Mains and JEE Advanced, while many academic institutions have their own entrance exam like IPU CET, etc.
Top Universities for BE Electronics Abroad
Multiple universities throughout the globe provide bachelor’s degree courses in Electronics, Electrical Engineering, amongst others. Choosing the right university is a cumbersome process thus having a list best universities providing your chosen course can be exceptionally helpful. Tabulated below is a list of popular universities that offering BE Electronics and its related course variants:
|University||Country||QS World University Ranking 2023|
|University of Leon||Spain||–|
|Bangor University||United Kingdom||601 – 650|
|Southern Utah University||United States of America||–|
|London Metropolitan University||United Kingdom||801-1000|
|British Columbia Institute of Technology||Canada||–|
|University of Hertfordshire||United Kingdom||801-1000|
|Newcastle University||United Kingdom||122|
|Technical University of Munich||Germany||49|
|University of Sheffield||United Kingdom||96|
|Queen’s University Belfast||Ireland||233|
BE Electronics Colleges India
The top colleges in India to pursue BE Electronics are listed below.
- Indian Institute of Technology, New Delhi
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- National Institute of Technology, Delhi
- Punjab Engineering College
- PSG College of Engineering
- National Institute of Technology
- Delhi Technological University
- BITS, Pilani
- Manipal Institute of Technology
- COEP Pune – College of Engineering
- SRM University Chennai – SRM Institute of Science and Technology
- DSCE Bangalore – Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering
- VIT Vellore – Vellore Institute of Technology
Being an electronics and electrical engineering graduate comes with its own scope and options. You can explore a plethora of career opportunities in the public and private sector or pursue further educational endeavors by opting for an MTech, ME or MSc Electronics.
There are various profiles in the electronics and IT industry with multifarious challenges and offer high-salary packages. Some major profiles which BE Electronics graduates can explore are:
- Project Engineer
- Test Engineer
- Product Designer
- Electronics Technologist
- Development Manager
- Electronics and Communications Consultant
- Network Planning Engineer
The estimated salary of BE Electronics graduates for the following profiles is tabulated below-
|Project Engineer||INR 3,80,000|
|Test Engineer||INR 4,20,000|
|Product Designer||INR 6,20,000|
|Electronics Technologist||INR 3,50,000|
|Electronics and Communications Consultant||INR 5,40,000|
|Development Manager||INR 8,00,000|
|Network Planning Engineer||INR 4,00,000|
BE Electronics: Important Books
Enlisted below are some important books for those who are pursuing BE Electronics-
- Generalized Theory of Electrical Mechanics by P.S. Bhimbra
- Circuits and Networks by A.K. Chakrabarty
- Switchgear and Industrial Protection by J.B. Gupta
- Power Systems by Ashfaq Hussain
- Control Systems Engineering by Nagrath Kothari and M. Gopal
The full form of BE is Bachelors in Engineering.
Yes, there is huge scope for BE as it provides a range of job and recruiting opportunities.
The main difference between BE and BTech is that BE is more theoretical based whereas BTech is more skill-based.
Hence, we hope that this blog has helped you explore the essential details of BE Electronics. Needless to say, selecting the right course and university will play an important role in your academic and professional journey! Our Leverage Edu experts are here to support you in exploring the best course and university combinations and help you select a suitable one as per your interests and preferences! Sign up for an e-meeting with us today!