Habibi! Do you want to work in Dubai? According to the reports by The Economic Times, around 1.2 million Indian students are currently studying in UAE. This is more than the number of Indian students in the US itself! The authorities have relaxed the conditions for studying abroad in Dubai to attract such a crowd. We know that on the economic side, apart from exciting scholarships in Dubai there are various internships and part-time jobs that students look for before choosing a study abroad destination. If you think UAE lags behind in this race then you are mistaken. Here we have covered all the important details and requirements for part-time work in Dubai along with the popular jobs and salaries.
This Blog Includes:
Here you can read more about part-time job opportunities in South Korea for international students.
Why Work Part-Time in Dubai?
The tuition fee in Dubai or anywhere in the UAE is quite economical but on the contrary, living in Dubai might cost you an arm and a leg. Dubai is a luxurious city, and even if you have a budget to cover the duration of your study period, it is less likely to ignore experiencing the lifestyle. However there is more to it than just money, here are some benefits of working part-time in Dubai.
- Ease your budget constraints and cost of living in Dubai.
- Build networks with the locals.
- Gain experience while studying.
- You will have a work record in the country.
- Understand local language and culture.
- Socialising will make it easy to adjust in the country.
List of Part-Time Jobs in Dubai
Students can choose mundane jobs or jobs that are related to their field. Mundane jobs, however, require less expertise and work requirements as compared to the other jobs. Here we have listed some of the most popular part-time jobs for students in Dubai.
|AED 2.5K to AED 3.5K
|AED 4K to AED 6K
|AED 1.5K to AED 2K
|Waitress or Waiter
|AED 1.5K to AED 2.5K
|AED 1K to AED 2.5K
|AED 2K to AED 4K
|AED 3.5K to AED 4.5K
On-Campus Work Opportunites
Like everywhere else, students can choose to work on-campus in Dubai. Some of the popular jobs available are as follows;
- Student Ambassador
- Library Assistant
- Teaching assistants
Off-Campus Work Opportunities
Off-campus work options are many and students can choose to work in any of them they please.
- Cab driver
- Store Assistant
- Pet sitter
- Baby sitter
- Waitress or Waiter
Average Pay for Part-Time Jobs in Dubai
The average earning of part-time work for students in Dubai is somewhere around AED 2500. The currency used to pay students is the United Arab Emirates Dirham or AED. If we look at the hourly figures students can earn AED 15 to AED 30 per hour in UAE. This is also highly dependent on the type of job chosen and the employer. The above-mentioned figures are merely averages.
Check the list of Most In-demand jobs in China for International Students
Conditions for Part-Time Jobs in Dubai
To work anywhere in UAE students must fulfil some basic conditions. These conditions are mentioned below.
- You must have attained the age of 18 years or above.
- A student visa is must have to search for any part-time jobs.
- Moreover, you must be admitted to one of the 23 creative cluster colleges in Dubai.
- You must be a student of a full-time course.
- More importantly, you can only enrol in part-time jobs after spending 1 year studying at the university in Dubai.
- The university must have sponsored you.
- There are criteria set by the university to allow students to work part-time, you will have to ensure you maintain those.
- They are generally related to maintaining a certain GPA in your academics.
- A separate visa is given by the Dubai Creative Cluster Authority (DCCA) which will also be required to start work.
- The working hours allowed to work in Dubai are 15 hours per week.
Here is a list of documents that you will need to enrol in part-time jobs in Dubai.
- Passport & Visa
- Study permit
- Work permit by DCCA
- Academic transcripts from 1st year of studies
- University sponsor letter/ Admission letter
Tips to Find Jobs in Dubai
Here are some tips that will help you ease the process of finding part-time work in Dubai. Follow them to stay hassle-free and prepared.
- Build connections with students, professors and locals.
- Enrol in the career service centre at your university and other organisations.
- Maintain a good GPA.
- Learn the Arabic language.
- Be prepared to research the job you want to apply for.
- Build a customised resume for the employer in Dubai.
- Keep your social media profiles like LinkedIn updated at all times.
Do you know how to find part-time jobs in Latvia as an international student?
Popular Websites for Jobs in Dubai
Job websites help you to connect directly with the employer while also looking at the multiple options available to you for work. Here are some popular job websites to find part-time work in Dubai.
A student can earn around AED 2500 with part-time jobs in Dubai. If we look at the hourly figures students can earn AED 15 to AED 30 per hour in UAE.
No. A separate visa is given by the Dubai Creative Cluster Authority (DCCA) which will also be required to start work.
A student is allowed to work for 15 hours a week in Dubai as a part-time worker.
This is all the information about how to get part-time jobs in Dubai for international students, if you want to read blogs on part-time jobs follow Leverage Edu.