BSc in Finance is a three-year programme for undergraduate students. Students who intend to pursue careers finance finance-related specializations such as investment banking, risk management, consulting, accounting, or any other area can choose this programme. The curriculum for this programme is carefully created to assist students in the field of finance and related sectors.
The BSc in Finance curriculum covers topics like debt markets, microeconomics, macroeconomics, investment analysis, banking and insurance, and macroeconomics. Continue reading this blog to get further insights about BSc in Finance!
Also Read: List of Banking Courses
This Blog Includes:
BSc Finance: Overview
|Course Name||Bachelor of Science in Finance|
|Course Duration||3 year|
|Exam Type||Semester-wise/ Annual|
|Eligibility||10+2 with Minimum 60% Marks|
|Selection Process||Merit-Based / Entrance Examination|
|Average course fee||2,50,000 INR-3,50,000 INR|
|Average Payscale||INR 3 Lakhs- INR 10 Lakhs|
|Job prospect||Accountant, Banker, Finance Analyst, etc.|
|Higher Study Option||MBA Finance, ACCA|
Also Read: Private College
Why Study BSc Finance
For BSc finance candidates, there are lots of job options available in the industry. After completing the course, students can quickly get a job as a Finance analyst, Credit Analyst, Accountant, or Banker and also get government jobs in the Bank domain.
- If the student is interested in the Banking and Accounting Sector, they must look forward to pursuing a BSc in finance to get a good career opportunity.
- Students pursuing BSc in Finance turn into competent professionals, in the field involving a large number of subjects.
- After completing BSc Finance there are ample opportunities, and students can get jobs in the government and private sector.
Also Read: NMIMS NPAT
Top Universities Offering BSc Finance
Here are the top universities/colleges offering BSc Finance around the world and in India. Check them out!
If the student is looking for Abroad universities/colleges, these are some top-ranked universities for BSc finance:
|Top Ranked Universities||Average Fee||Location|
|Harvard University||INR 35-INR 40 LPA||United States|
|University of Oxford||INR 9-INR12 LPA||United Kingdom|
|University of Oxford||INR 25-INR 49 LPA||United Kingdom|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||INR45.99-INR 50 LPA||United States|
|University of Cambridge||INR 24.70-INR 64.50 LPA||United Kingdom|
BSc Finance Colleges in India
These are some top-ranked universities/colleges in India for BSc finance:
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies||Indore||INR 2.68 LPA|
|Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies||Mumbai||INR 2.84 LPA|
|Anil Surendra Modi School of Commerce||Mumbai||INR 3 LPA|
|Parul University||Gujrat||INR 90k per annum|
|G.D. Goenka University||Gurgram||INR 2 LPA|
|Amity University||Noida||INR 2 LPA|
Must Read: Best Universities for Finance in UK
Eligibility Criteria For BSc Finance
- The eligibility criteria for pursuing a BSc in Finance will vary depending on the country/university. Hence, we have provided you with general entry requirements for BSc Finance in India and Abroad.
- The admissions process for B.Sc. Finance programmes at prestigious schools and universities are merit- and entrance-based. A candidate’s talents and abilities are evaluated by colleges that hold admission exams so that they can mark them as qualified for the course.
- Some colleges also conduct admission on the basis of NPAT score which is a national-level entrance exam.
Also Read: English Proficiency Test
- The applicant must have passed the 10+2 exam or another exam that is comparable to a recognized board.
- Candidates must receive at least 60% on their 10+2 examinations or any comparable exams.
- Candidates must have taken statistics and math as required subjects in class in their senior year of high school.
- Candidates must be younger than 25.
- The programme is open to applicants who finished their 10+2 through distance learning. The institution needs to have NIOS recognition.
In order to pursue a BSc in Finance from abroad, you will need to meet the following criteria:
- Must have passed the 10+2 exam with at least 60%.
- Candidates must be younger than 25.
- The candidate will be asked to submit the English language proficiency test scores like IELTS, TOEFL
- You may be required to prove your English proficiency.
For a number of programs, their courses, colleges and universities in India use merit-based and entrance-based admissions methods. Top institutions in India use an entrance-based and merit-based admissions approach for BSc Finance students.
- Educational Certificate including 10th and 12th Marksheets/ passing certificate.
- Passport size Photo
- Entrance Examination Score Card if any
- Evidence of Citizenship
- Cv/ Resume
Must Read: Short-Term Courses in Finance – 2023 List
The detailed semester-wise syllabus and subjects for the BSc Finance program are provided in the table given below:
|Semester I||Semester II|
|Business Accounting and Analysis||Management Accounting|
|Financial Markets and Institutions||Principles of Marketing|
|Principles of Management||IT Applications|
|Quantitative Techniques – I||Quantitative Aptitude – II|
|Corporate Communications||Corporate Finance – I|
|Semester III||Semester IV|
|Debt Markets||Business Policy and Strategic Management|
|Financial Statement Analysis and Business Valuation||Alternate Investment Markets|
|Corporate Finance – II||Financial Modelling|
|Operations Research||Business Analytics|
|Banking and Insurance||Human Behaviour at the Workplace|
|Corporate and Business Law||Financial Reporting Status and Analytics|
|Semester V||Semester VI|
|Research Methodology||Global Investment Performance Standards (GIPS) and Financial Reporting|
|Investment Analysis and Portfolio Management||Forex Markets and Financial Risk Management|
|Derivatives||Direct and Indirect Tax|
|Environmental Management and Corporate Governance||Financial Planning and Wealth Management|
|Project I||Project II|
Also Read: Finance Interview Questions
Jobs and Salary
You can find employment as a finance professional in prestigious organizations after earning your BSc. in finance degree. Based on your interests and skills, you can build a career in this field with good scope for growth in the future.
After completing BSc in Accounts and Finance, a person has many opportunities. He can opt for a profession that includes his area of study and interest, can accept the position of a professor, or can move abroad to further increase his/her knowledge. Here are the top job profiles and salaries after BSc Finance
|Finance Analyst||INR 6-7 LPA|
|Investment Banker||INR 8-9 LPA|
|Financial Consultant||INR 2-3 LPA|
|Accountant||INR 3-4 LPA|
This is the idea of which country is the best in providing a BSc degree in Finance.
|Country||Average Salary for Finance Analyst|
|New Zealand||INR 63,07,108|
These are the top companies, that recruit students of BSc finance:
- Morgan Stanley.
- Boston Consulting Group.
- Goldman Sachs.
- Bain and Company.
- State Bank of India.
- Deloitte etc.
A BSc Accounts and Finance graduate should be able to:
Manage client/customer accounting.
He or she ought to be knowledgeable about accounting software.
He or she should be able to foresee and evaluate the impending loss or gain.
Graduates of BSc in Accounting and Finance should be aware of the platforms and investment opportunities available to them in order to maximize their earnings.
He or she must be able to create one as well as comprehend the client’s financial portfolio.
Business Accounting, Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Banking and Insurance, Debt Markets, Investment Analysis, etc. are some of the topics covered most frequently in the BSc Finance course. Candidates are typically hired for positions as bankers, accountants, financial analysts, etc. after completing a BSc in Finance course.
Finance is not by nature more difficult than any other field of study, especially for those who have a natural talent for math, etc., despite the fact that it does involve some training in mathematics as well as knowledge and skills in accounting and economics.
BSc Finance has a wide scope and you can get the best career in this field of Finance. If you’re planning to pursue courses in BSc finance, our study abroad experts at Leverage Edu can help you explore the various programs in BSc offered around the world and assist you in finding a suitable one as per your interests. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counseling session.