In 2023, the University of Sheffield, UK, is pleased to offer 125 International Merit Postgraduate Scholarships. Each scholarship is a competitive award worth 25% of the initial tuition fee for a postgraduate taught programme beginning in September 2023. All new international students who meet the eligibility requirements are eligible for the scholarships. Students must have an offer of admission to the University of Sheffield.
|Scholarship Name||International Merit Postgraduate Scholarship|
|Scholarship amount||25% of the original tuition fee|
|Scholarship Deadline||15 May 2023|
- Scholarship application acceptance started in late November 2023 and is now open.
- The deadline for scholarship applications is Monday, May 15, 2023, at 13:00 (UK time).
- Scholarship results will be announced on Monday, June 12, 2023, at 16:00 (UK time).
The eligibility criteria to apply for this scholarship are as follows:
- The programme must begin at the University of Sheffield in the autumn of 2023.
- Merit scholarships are not available for distance learning courses.
- Students must be offered a full-time course at the University of Sheffield.
- Scholarships are not available for Master’s programmes split between the University of Sheffield and a partner institution.
- Merit scholarships are not available for any Crossways or Erasmus Mundus courses.
- Students must be self-funded for tuition purposes and must pay the overseas tuition fee.
- A sponsored student is not permitted.
- These scholarships do not apply to any postgraduate courses that have a higher clinical fee. This includes, but is not limited to, the courses listed below:
- DClinDent Orthodontics
- MClinDent in Orthodontics
- DClinDent Endodontics
- MClinDent in Paediatric Dentistry
- DClinDent Periodontics
- MMedSci in Diagnostic Oral Pathology
- DClinDent Prosthodontics
- The University of Sheffield reserves the right to review and modify scholarship offerings at any time.
Because this is a competitive process, not all applications will be accepted. A panel of senior staff will select the best applications based on the following criteria:
- The applicant has provided a compelling reason for applying to the University of Sheffield.
- The applicant has clearly articulated future goals that are related to the degree for which they have applied.
- The applicant has a strong academic record.
- You must begin your programme at the University of Sheffield in the fall of 2023.
- The International Postgraduate Taught Merit Scholarship 2023 cannot be combined with any of the following awards:
- Scholarship for International Postgraduate Teaching 2023
- 2023 NCUK Postgraduate Taught Scholarship
- The Professor David Locker Scholarship in Social Science, Oral Health, and Dentistry will be awarded in 2023.
- Postgraduate Merit Scholarship Sir Sze-yuen Chung 2023
- MBA Scholarship 2023
- If you are chosen for any of the above scholarships, the most valuable award will take precedence.
- Subject to not becoming a sponsored student*, the scholarship can be combined with any available scholarships from the Department or Faculty in which you will be studying. Please use the funding calculator to see if your Department/Faculty offers any scholarships.
When studying in the UK, you can apply for a postgraduate scholarship from the UK government to help pay for things like course fees and living expenses. These scholarships are not available to international students from the EU. You can still apply for Commonwealth Scholarships if you are from Malta or Cyprus.
Merit Cum denotes a scholarship for professional and technical courses beginning in 2023.
The candidate must be pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in a technical or professional field.
Must have a minimum of 50% in +2 or graduation.
Must be a member of a minority group.
The family’s income cannot exceed $2.50 million.
Yes, they offer a range of scholarships to international students including the International Merit Postgraduate Scholarship 2023.
This was all about the International Merit Postgraduate Scholarship 2023. If you plan to study at the University of Sheffield or any other university abroad, contact Leverage Edu experts to assist you in your application process. You can also connect with our experts on 1800 57 2000 and book a 30-minute free counselling session on how you can study abroad.