Bharathiar University is a public university located in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu. It was established in 1982 and was named after Tamil poet Subramania Bharati. To cater to different interest areas of students, Bharathiar University offers undergraduate, postgraduate, MPhil, and PhD programs in various subjects. Its strict PhD evaluation rules are well regarded as it ensures quality-driven research. Due to its focus on high-quality education, it was ranked 21st in 2020 by National Institute Ranking Framework. When it comes to affiliated colleges with Bharathiar University, there are 13 government colleges, 99 self-financing colleges, 16 aided colleges, 1 Air force administrative college, 3 constituent colleges, and 1 university PG extension and research center. Are you also planning to pursue your higher education through Bharathiar University distance education? If the answer is yes, then this blog will surely help you!
|Name of the University||Bharathiar University|
|University Type||State University|
|Basic Admission Criteria||Merit-based|
Bharathiar University Distance Education UG Courses
The table below represents various undergraduate courses offered by Bharathiar University Distance Education:
|B.B.A. Airline and Airport Management||3 years|
|Bachelor of Business Administration||3 years|
|Bachelor of Computer Applications||3 years|
|B.Sc. Costume Design & Fashion||3 years|
|B.Com. – Computer Applications||3 years|
|B.Sc. Chemistry||3 years|
|Bachelor of Commerce||3 years|
|B.Sc. Computer Science||3 years|
|B.Sc. Mathematics||3 years|
|B.Sc. Physics||3 years|
|B.B.A. International Shipping & Air-Cargo Logistics Management||3 years|
|Bachelor of Social Work||3 years|
|B.A. Tamil Literature||3 years|
|B.Sc. Visual Communication (Electronic Media)||3 years|
|B.A. English Literature||3 years|
Bharathiar University PG Courses
The table below represents various postgraduate courses offered by Bharathiar University Distance Education:
Bharathiar University Fee Structure
The following table represents the duration of various Bharathiar University distance education courses along with their respective fee structure:
|Post Graduate Diploma||1 year||INR 8,900|
|MSW||2 years||INR 30,230|
|MCA||2 years||INR 75,750|
|M.Sc||2 years||INR 37,790|
|M.Com||2 years||INR 42,070|
|Certificate Course||6 months||INR 1,520|
|B.P.Ed||2 years||INR 34,000|
|B.Voc||3 years||INR 13,000|
|Diploma||1 year||INR 7,280|
|M.Phil||3 years||INR 9,500|
|MBA||2 years||INR 1,15,270|
|MJMC||2 years||INR 25,610|
|PhD||4 years||INR 32,900|
Admission Process for Bharathiar University Distance Education
Following are the general steps that the candidate needs to follow to apply for admission at Bharathiar University Distance Education:
- First, students need to complete the application form and accept the terms and conditions.
- Then, select and confirm the course of your interest that you want to take admission in.
- Make sure you go through the eligibility criteria to see if you meet all the prerequisites mentioned by the university.
- While filling out the application form students should provide their valid mobile number and email ID.
- Attach the documents asked by the university.
- The last step is to submit the application form but before doing that make sure you have filled out all the details correctly.
Also Read: Distance Education Courses in Jamia Milia Islamia
- In order to take admitted to an undergraduate program, the student must have completed their 10+2 from a recognized board in India. The students will be selected on a merit basis and the list will be made on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Students aiming for the MSW program must have completed their undergraduate degree from a recognized university in the related subject field with an average of 55%.
- For the MCom course, the student must have completed their undergraduate degree in the related field from a recognized university.
- Students planning to pursue a MA course must have completed their undergraduate degree in the related field with an average mark of 55% from a recognized university.
Students get an option of offline mode when it comes to applying for admission at Bharathiar University Distance Education. The student can acquire the application form by post or download it from the website of Bharathar university. For this purpose, the candidate has to pay a fee of Rs 400 by net banking/ debit or credit card/ DD/ NEFT. Students belonging to SC/ST category have to pay only Rs.200 after they provide their community certificate. After getting the application form students to need to fill it out correctly and submit it with the necessary documents.
Following is the list of general documents required for Bharathiar University Distance Education:
- 10th Mark Sheet
- 12th Mark Sheet
- Income Certificate
- Category Certificate
- Transfer Certificate
- Admission test hall ticket
- Character Certificate
Ans- The degree obtained through Bharathiar University Distance Education is valid all over India and is recognized if the student goes for higher education at other institutes and universities. Also, a Bharathiar University degree is recognized by employers in both the private and government sectors.
Ans- Bharathiar University MBA distance education is well regarded and is popular among students. It offers specializations in accounting and finance, corporate communication, marketing, operations management, and other areas of business administration.
Ans – Yes, Bharathiar University Distance Education is approved by UGC (University Grants Commission) and the degree obtained through it is valid all over India.
Ans- Yes, a degree obtained through open and distance learning (ODL) is valid in both private and government sectors. In order to get a job in the government sector along with providing a degree you have to also clear an entrance examination whereas in the private sector along with having a degree you need to have a skill set that matches the job description.
This is everything you need to know about Bharathiar University Distance Education. Make sure you follow Leverage Edu for more such informative articles.