What is the Full Form of UR?

2 minute read

The Full Form of UR is Unreserved. In India, UR also known as General, are individuals who do not fall under any of the designated reserved categories, such as Scheduled Castes (SC), Scheduled Tribes (ST), and Other Backward Classes (OBC). Additionally, the Government of India identifies these reserved categories as disadvantaged groups, who are eligible for specific privileges like affirmative action in education and employment, thus aimed at boosting their social and economic progress.

Also Read: What is the Full Form of PWD?

Developments in India in regards to UR

There have been some developments in India regarding the Unreserved category such as:

  • On the 27th of October 2015, the Supreme Court issued a directive to both State and Central governments thus instructing them to terminate the regional quota system. Moreover, the court highlighted the importance of keeping super-speciality medical courses “unreserved, open, and free” from any domicile status. This decision came after the court entertained petitions submitted by several MBBS doctors.
  • In the northeastern region of India, such as in states like Arunachal Pradesh, Meghalaya, Nagaland, and Mizoram, there is a policy of allocating 80% of State Government job reservations for Scheduled Tribes (ST), leaving only 20% for the Unreserved category.
  • On the 7th of November 2022, the Supreme Court of India, through a 3:2 majority decision in the case of Janhit Abhiyan vs Union Of India Writ Petition, affirmed the legality of the 103rd Constitutional Amendment. Additionally, this amendment was enacted to legally endorse the allocation of a 10% reservation for EWS from Unreserved classes in educational institutions and government employment.
CJI Full FormSLP Full FormPIL Full FormADJ Full Form
NDRF Full FormRAW Full FormSSB Full FormSRPF Full Form
RTI Full FormSSP Full FormMTR Full FormDRDO Full Form
DMRC Full FormORM Full FormREC Full FormRAC Full Form
SIC Full FormPAC Full FormIMRB Full FormAFSPA Full Form

We hope this blog has helped you understand the full form of UR and everything related to it. If you want to know more, find the 300+ full forms list on our blog. In the world of short forms, you can rely on the Leverage Edu page to learn about more important full forms like this! Connect with us study abroad experts to achieve your international dream today!

Leave a Reply

Required fields are marked *