The IMRB full form stands for Indian Market Research Bureau, one of the oldest and largest market research agencies in India with a presence in over 20 countries across Asia, Africa, and the Middle East. It was founded in 1970 by Subhas Ghoshal, who is considered to be the father of Indian advertising. IMRB is a part of Kantar Group, which is one of the world’s leading data, insights, and consulting companies.
IMRB Full Form: Functions
IMRB offers a wide range of services to help clients understand their markets, consumers, and stakeholders. Some of the services that IMRB provides are:
- Customized research: IMRB conducts tailor-made research projects for clients based on their specific objectives and needs. These projects can cover various aspects such as brand health, customer satisfaction, product testing, pricing, segmentation, etc.
- Syndicated research: IMRB conducts regular surveys and studies on various topics and sectors that are relevant to the Indian market. These studies provide insights into consumer behaviour, preferences, trends, attitudes, etc. Some of the popular syndicated studies that IMRB conducts are Household Panel, Retail Audit, Media and Audience Measurement, etc.
- Social and rural research: IMRB has a dedicated division that focuses on social and rural research. This division helps clients understand the needs, aspirations, and challenges of the rural and social segments of India. Some of the areas that this division covers are health, education, livelihoods, governance, etc.
- Analytics and consulting: IMRB also provides analytics and consulting services to help clients make informed decisions based on data and insights. These services include data integration, data visualization, predictive modeling, business intelligence, etc.
Achievements of IMRB
IMRB has been recognized as one of the leading market research agencies in India and abroad. Some of the achievements of IMRB are:
- It has won several awards and accolades from various industry associations and publications.
- It has been ranked among the top 25 most influential market research companies in the world by GreenBook.
- It has been involved in some of the landmark projects and initiatives in India, such as Census 2011, National Family Health Survey, Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana, etc.
- It has contributed to the development of market research standards and best practices in India and globally.
Must Read: What is the Full Form of ACB?
Must Read: What is the Full Form of IIPA?
We hope that this blog helped you understand the IMRB full form and its significance and achievements in India’s market research. To discover more full forms, visit our General Knowledge page or check out this full forms list of 300+ alphabetically arranged acronyms. And don’t forget to subscribe to Leverage Edu!