UID Full Form is Unique Identification Number, also known as Adhaar Card. UID is the unique number given to each individual as their identity proof so that it gets easy to identify each individual. It is a project of UIDAI, the Unique Identification Authority of India, a department of the Indian government. It consists of 12 distinct numbers and may only be obtained by Indian citizens or foreigners who have lived in India for roughly 182 days. ‘Unique’ in this context refers to the numbers that are only ever used once for a particular person as identification. Infosys co-founder Nandan Nilekani served as the UIDAI’s inaugural chairman. On January 28, 2009, the Unique Identification Number was first established. Identification and direct transfer are the two primary uses of UID.
Vision and Mission of Unique Identification Number
The vision is to develop a digital platform that gives power to each individual to have their basic rights given by the government of India using a unique identification number and also for various direct transfers done by each individual.
- To verify the individual’s record’s authenticity.
- To make improved governance possible.
- To encourage others to maintain their honesty.
- To guarantee adherence to the Aadhaar Card Act.
- Should concentrate on raising the learning’s level of quality.
- To improve the quality of the services
- To ensure compliance with Aadhaar Card Act norms and regulations.
- To maintain privacy, security, and the secrecy surrounding a person’s identity.
Uses of Aadhaar
Aadhaar card is used in various processes:
- Enabling biometric attendance to monitor government employees’ attendance
- To distribute benefits directly, such as subsidies, MGNREGA and LPG benefits
- The requirement for passports has changed.
- The ration card and the mobile SIM number are both connected to the Aadhar card.
- Additionally, it aids in e-KYC (Electronic Know Your Customer) generation.
Regional Offices and Headquarters of UID
The regional offices are at 8 places as follows:
- Regional Office Lucknow
- Regional Office Guwahati
- Regional Office Ranchi
- Regional Office Chandigarh
- Regional Office Hyderabad
- Regional Office Delhi
- Regional Office Mumbai
- Regional Office Bengaluru
In New Delhi, there are 7 DDGs (Deputy Directors General) who work alongside Assistant Directors General, Section Officers, Deputy Directors, and Assistant Section Officers to manage the CEO of the headquarters. The Joint Secretary Officers of the Indian Government are in charge of UIDAI. There are 127 general officers and staff employees working at the headquarters.
This was all about the UID Full form. Visit the General Knowledge page to discover more intriguing articles about full forms. Get in touch with the experts at Leverage Edu in order to kickstart your study abroad journey.