The full form of MTC is Metropolitan Transport Corporation (Chennai). Governed by the Board of Directors, the MTC is a government undertaking registered under the Companies Act, 1956. The MTC looks after the Chennai Metropolitan Area as the public transport in the city is 100% nationalized. Let us learn more about the rich history of MTC.
Also Read: What is the Full Form of PEN?
History of MTC
Let us take a look at the historical overview of the Metropolitan Transport Corporation (Chennai):
- In the year 1947, the Government of Madras introduced 30 buses in the city and introduced the nationalization of public transport.
- The entire operation was in the hands of the Madras State Transport Department.
- In 1972, the Pallavan Transport Corporation Limited was set up under the Companies Act of 1956.
- As of 1994, the total number of buses increased to 2332.
- In 1994, Pallavan Transport Corporation Limited was later divided into Dr. Ambedkar Transport Corporation and Pallavan Transport Corporation Limited.
- On January 10, 2001, both divisions combined under the same umbrella and were renamed as the Metropolitan Transport Corporation (Chennai) LTD.
What is the Full Form of MTC Temperature?
Another popular full form of MTC is the mold temperature controller. It is a device commonly used in different manufacturing processes such as blow molding and injection molding. In simple words, it helps a heat transfer medium to flow through the channels in the mold and thus, create high-end products.
Popular Full Forms
This was all about the MTC full form. If you want to read more such interesting full forms, stay connected with Leverage Edu.