Virginia Commonwealth Institution (VCU) is a public research university. It is situated in Richmond, Virginia. VCU began as the medical department of Hampden–Sydney College in 1838 and was renamed the Medical College of Virginia in 1854. MCV and the Richmond Professional Institute, founded in 1917, were united in 1968 by the Virginia General Assembly to form Virginia Commonwealth University.
The pupils are welcome to apply to Virginia Commonwealth University for the fall and spring semesters. The university has an 87 percent acceptance rate for student applications. The selectivity of this prominent university in the United States of America is based on several factors that demonstrate academic competency, potential, and trustworthiness. The admissions office is a part of VCU Strategic Enrollment Management and is responsible for assisting applicants from the application process through graduation. The Virginia Commonwealth University has 21 schools and colleges that provide over 200 undergraduate, graduate, professional, continuing, and doctorate programs.
This Blog Includes:
International students have access to more than 200 programs at Virginia Commonwealth University. This university offers bachelor’s, master’s, professional, doctoral, and certificate programs. The university offers more than 25 graduate programs, many of which are ranked among the top 50 in the world.
The following deadlines have been proposed by Virginia Commonwealth University for the submission of admission applications. Completed applications with accompanying papers must be submitted by the applicants. Late applications may be rejected or examined on a secondary basis if they are received beyond the desired date.
The deadlines for graduate programs vary. For the fall, summer, and spring semesters, applications are accepted.
The following are some things to think about when applying to Virginia Commonwealth University:
- Undergraduate and graduate applications are accepted for the autumn, spring, and summer semesters.
- Freshmen and graduate students can apply to the programs via the Common Application or the VCU Graduate Online Application.
- Both undergraduate and graduate programs have a 70 USD (INR 5400) application fee.
- For acceptance, students must meet the SAT/ACT/GRE/GMAT submission criteria.
- The university’s admissions office expects SAT/ACT score mark sheets to be received before the February 1 deadline for admission.
VCU’s tuition is calculated on a per-credit basis for 15 credits in the Fall and Spring semesters. According to their study level, international and out-of-state students must pay the following fees:
Virginia Commonwealth University Fees
|Tuition for 15 Credits
|$17,601 (INR 13.62L)
|$14,614 (INR 11.31L)
|$12,742 (INR 9.86L)
Note: Each academic year, the tuition and other fees are subject to change. We recommend that you look up the current year’s cost structure on the university’s website.
International Student Admissions
At Virginia Commonwealth University, more than 1200 foreign students from 102 countries are enrolled. While applying for admission to the university, students must adhere to particular prerequisites and recommendations. High school records, language, and standardized examinations, and confirmation of knowledge presented are all part of these requirements and suggestions.
The English Proficiency test has a set of minimal scores that an overseas candidate must meet. This test is an important supporting document that the university requires.
Virginia Commonwealth University Undergraduate Admissions
Virginia Commonwealth University accepts undergraduate admission applications for the fall semester until January 15, and choices are usually announced by April 1. Applications submitted after the deadline may be reviewed if there is still space available; otherwise, they will be rejected. The regular decision for spring, on the other hand, is made on November 1.
Virginia Commonwealth University Graduate Admissions
For candidates from all over the world interested in studying in the United States, Virginia Commonwealth University offers more than 70 master’s degrees in a variety of fields such as business, arts, and science. Each graduate program has its own set of requirements. A completed U.S. bachelor’s degree or equivalent from an approved institution is required for admission to any graduate program.
International applicants must submit an authentic external credential evaluation for each course. This report should be sent to the Office of Admissions sealed and unopened. At the time of admission, all official transcripts and appropriate credentials (e.g., diplomas and marksheets) will be required. As of the official date received by the Office of Admissions, all external credential evaluations should be no more than two years old. Once the prospective student’s credentials and/or credential evaluations have been given to the institution, they will not be returned to them or sent to a third party.
Documents required by International students:-
- A Complete Application form
- Official and Sealed Transcripts
- Dates of Attendance
- Degree & Diploma Earned
- English language proficiency results
- Names of Examinations Passed (with scores)
- Immigration Transfer Clearing Form
- I-20 DS 2019 Request Form
- Educational Agent Processing Agreement
- Personal Statement
- GRE/GMAT (Special School Requirements)
- Letter of Recommendation
- Graduate Admission Reference Form
- Educational Agent Processing Certificate
- English Proficiency Test Scores
Documents required by Undergraduate students:-
- Minimum 20 Units with recommended minimum as:
- English – 4 units
- Mathematics – 3 units
- History, social studies, or government – 3 units
- Science (one laboratory) – 3 units
- One foreign language – 3 units or two foreign languages – 2 units
- Essay to be submitted with Common Application
- Above-average score on SAT/ACT and GED
- Letters of recommendation
- Fully updated high school transcripts with the course by course evaluation from an external agency
- Minimum GPA 3.3 (students who meet this requirement can seek admission without submitting test scores)
- High School Profiles
- English language proficiency
All supporting documents should be emailed to email@example.com in PDF format, along with the applicant’s full name and VCU ID number.
Documents required by Graduate students:-
- Completed application form
- Original and certified copies of academic records including diplomas, certificates, and national level exams. It must include details of
- Attending date for each institution
- List of courses taken with grades of each
- Number of weeks and hours classes were taken in labs
- Degrees indicating class rank
- Name and grade of each passed examination
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Personal Statement discussing the reasoning for pursuing the choice of program
- GMAT/ GRE scores (as required by respective department)
- Official transcripts with a course by course credential evaluation preferably from NACES/ AICE
- Minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on 4.0
- Certificate of finances
- Letter of recommendation
Scholarship Aid and Financing
Scholarships, grants, loans, and work-study jobs are just a few of the financial aid options available to VCU students to help them manage their higher education costs. Office administrators disburse funds from state, federal, private, and institutional money sources. Full-time undergraduate students received an average of USD 17,153 (INR 13.28L) in financial aid in 2018-19. For overseas students, the following financial aid alternatives are available:
- Presidential: This is a four-year scholarship that covers up to USD 16,000 (INR 12.38L) per year in tuition expenses (maximum USD 8,000 per semester). The entire value of this four-year scholarship is anticipated to be around USD 114,356.
- Provost: This is also a four-year scholarship that covers up to USD 16,000 every year in tuition fees (maximum USD 8,000 per semester). The entire value of this four-year scholarship is anticipated to be around USD 64,000 (INR 50L).
- Deans: This is a four-year scholarship that covers up to USD 8,000 in year tuition expenses (maximum USD 4,000 per semester). The entire value of this four-year scholarship is projected to be around USD 32,000 (INR 25L).
The Data will be processed within 1-2 weeks after the application and all accompanying requirements have been submitted to Virginia Commonwealth University.
Students at Virginia Commonwealth University can work while taking classes to get real-world experience in addition to their education. The university’s career advisors assist students in locating appropriate job possibilities.
At Virginia Commonwealth University, on-campus housing is provided. Students who live on campus at VCU are more likely to connect with faculty outside of the classroom, apply for jobs on campus, attend cultural events, and join clubs and groups.
We hope that this blog makes it pretty clear why you should choose to study at Virginia Commonwealth University! So what are you waiting for? Contact our Leverage Edu experts providing end-to-end guidance from application to visa process and let’s kick start your career.