Australia has become a popular study abroad destination because of abundant job possibilities, high educational standards and the variety of courses available. One of the most popular programs amongst students offered by Australian universities is MPhil.
This Blog Includes:
|Course||Master of Philosophy (MPhil in Australia)|
|Course Short Form||MPhil|
|Course Duration||2 years|
|Eligibility Criteria||Undergraduate and a postgraduate degree in related fields|
|English Proficiency Test||IELTS or TOEFL|
|Course Cost||INR 17 lakhs to 25 lakhs|
Why Study MPhil in Australia?
With the growing trend of pursuing higher education overseas, Australia has swiftly established itself as a prominent destination, particularly for MPhil. The country is a vibrant hub for research courses, with world-class research institutions and globally rated universities.
- Better Job Opportunities– Studying an MPhil in Australia opens the door to a wide range of career prospects. An MPhil can boost can your job possibilities, whether you want to work in academia or the corporate sector. After successfully completing your MPhil, you are allowed to reside and work in Australia for at least four years.
- An Inevitable Attraction-The breathtaking natural wonders of Australia can be found all across the country. There are 19 World Heritage Sites and architectural sites in Australia. Because of its magnificent landscape, Australia has been called “The Heaven on Earth.” Whether you choose to live in the heart of a bustling city or stroll through the colourful outdoors, the decision is yours. In most cases, international students have a large list of lovely spots in Australia to visit.
- Life at the University– The number of international students studying an MPhil in Australia has been steadily increasing year after year. When it comes to MPhil courses, Australian universities ensure that the research programs are meticulously put together. There are several unique MPhil options in Australia, ranging from Environmental Studies in the Great Barrier Reef to Earth Sciences at Fraser Island.
Top MPhil Specialisations in Australia
One of the most compelling reasons to pursue an MPhil in Australia is the wide range of specialisations available at leading universities. Humanities, natural sciences, and engineering are among the options available to students. Consider the following list of MPhil specialisations provided by renowned Australian universities:
- Languages and Cultures
- Art and Media
- Philosophical and Historical Inquiry
- Social and Political Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Ecosystem and Forest Sciences
- Mathematics and Statistics
- Health Promotion
- Indigenous Health
- Occupational Hygiene
- Public Health
- Risk Management
- Social Policy
- Social Work
- Work Health and Safety
Also Read: Permanent Residency Courses in Australia
Most Australian universities offer full-time MPhil programmes for one to two years. Part-time MPhil programmes for 4 to 5 years are also available. A thesis of up to 60,000 words must be submitted and successfully evaluated for the Master of Philosophy application at an Australian university
All applicants planning to pursue MPhil in Australia have to fulfil the eligibility requirements of their chosen university. Every university has different requirements and get in touch with our experts at Leverage Edu to know about the entry requirements of your dream university:
- The applicant must hold a bachelor’s degree from any renowned institution or an equivalent qualification;
- The applicant must have previously completed work of a sufficiently high standard toward a higher degree by research in this or another approved institution but not submitted it for any degree;
- A student pursuing an MPhil in creative writing must also submit a substantial portfolio of previous related creative work, often in the form of one or more books
- English language proficiency scores
- Initiate contact with a potential supervisor: Find an academician/supervisor with appropriate experience and acquire their consent to help you with your MPhil research and thesis. Many departments will need further information before making a decision depending on your motivation, understanding, commitment, and financial assistance. They may ask for supplementary documents, such as a research proposal, to back up your application. These extra requirements should be discussed with your potential thesis supervisor.
- Prepare the documentation: Students are required to submit academic and other documentation at the time of the application process. If the documents are not in English, you have to get an approved translation of documents in English:
- Academic Transcripts
- English proficiency test results
- References Letters
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Apply Online: Once you’ve completed your application and approached a potential supervisor, you can start your application process. You can submit your application at any time, but it will only be considered once your references have been answered and the universities have received the required documents and school/institute recommendations.
Cost of Study
The cost of tuition varies based on the field you choose to pursue and the university where you select to pursue MPhil in Australia. The cost of MPhil in Australia lies in the range of 31000 – 46000 AUD/year (INR 17 lakhs – 25 lakhs).
Register Here and Book the Date to avail this opportunity!
Also Read: MBA in Australia
Top Universities for MPhil in Australia
MPhil is one of the most popular programs and is offered by globally ranked Australian universities. We have curated a list of top universities for MPhil in Australia for you:
|QS 2023 Global Rank||University||Explore|
|30||Australian National University||Explore Now|
|41||University of Sydney||Explore Now|
|33||University of Melbourne||Explore Now|
|45||University of New South Wales||Explore Now|
|=50||University of Queensland||Explore Now|
|57||Monash University||Explore Now|
|90||University of Western Australia||Explore Now|
|109||University of Adelaide||Explore Now|
|137||University of Technology Sydney||Explore Now|
|=185||University of Wollongong||Explore Now|
Australian MPhil English Language Requirements
The validity of IELTS, TOEFL, and Pearson PTE Academic tests for study in Australia has been temporarily extended from two to three years. Wondering how you get the desired results in English proficiency tests? Our coaches at Leverage Live will help with one-on-one doubt sessions and personalised guidance. Book your FREE demo session today!
|Australian National University (ANU)||PBT: 600iBT: 100||7|
|University of Sydney||PBT: 565iBT: 85||6.5|
|University of Melbourne||PBT: 600iBT: 94||7|
|University of New South Wales (UNSW)||iBT: 95PBT:577||7|
|University of Queensland (UQ)||iBT: 87PBT:570||6|
|Monash University||iBT: 79PBT:550||6.5|
|University of Western Australia (UWA)||iBT: 82PBT:570||6.5|
|University of Adelaide||iBT: 60PBT:550||6|
|University of Technology Sydney (UTS)||iBT: 94-101PBT:584-610||7|
|University of Wollongong||iBT: 90||7.5|
Study Visa Application
There are many types of Australian Visas, in order to study in Australia but you need to apply for a SUBCLASS 500 visa. The application cost of a Subclass 500 visa is AUD 620 [Rs 30,000 approximately]. Below listed are the different types of study are included on this visa:
- Primary and Secondary schools
- Vocational education and training
- Independent English-language intensive courses for overseas students.
- Higher education
- Postgraduate research
- International students sponsored by the foreign affairs and defence department.
- Non-award courses
Are you ready to experience a cutting-edge education combined with a world of learning and career opportunities in a safe and welcoming setting? Reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu for an end to end assistance from application to Visa process!