BBA or Bachelor of Business Administration is a 3-year undergraduate degree program that helps students understand how an entrepreneurial flair mixed with practical skills can turn a great idea into a booming business. BBA helps develop skills in subject areas such as entrepreneurship, human resources, marketing and strategy, management, ethics, economics, accounting and business technologies. Studying BBA in Australia can be a great move for your career because it’s the world’s top 3rd destination as an English-speaking country and home to the best academic universities.
This Blog Includes:
- 7 Reasons to Study BBA in Australia
- Top Universities offering BBA in Australia
- Cost of Studying BBA in Australia
- Cost of Living in Australia
- Scholarships for Studying BBA in Australia
- Intakes in Australia
- Eligibility while Applying for BBA in Australia
- Documents Required while Applying for BBA in Australia
- Student Visa for Australia
- Scope of Studying BBA in Australia
Register Here and Book the Date for Uplifting your Career!!
7 Reasons to Study BBA in Australia
- BBA helps you review, analyse, consolidate and synthesise organisational knowledge and demonstrate a broad understanding of management and leadership knowledge with in-depth knowledge in areas such as entrepreneurship, human resources, marketing and strategy, management, ethics, economics, accounting and business technologies.
- The course prepares students for potential careers as Business Consultants, Administrators, an Officer in the Australian Public Service, Managers, Marketing representatives, and Entrepreneurs to name a few.
- Semester system with long breaks for internships, and vacations. Most universities in Australia have two semesters a year, except a few which have three trimesters.
- Almost all universities offer this course both on-campus and online. The duration of a full-time course is 3 years.
- Universities in Australia help you gain real-world experience as part of your studies through an industry internship or mentorship opportunity.
- A BBA degree allows you to pursue an MBA in the country and look for further studies, internships and short-term courses that can help you grow in the industry.
- After completing BBA, you can be employed in sectors such as sales, advertising, marketing, corporate services, tourism, hospitality, health, welfare, social services, administration, public relations, policy, planning, production, education services, customer services, facilities and construction and earn an average salary of AUD 70,000-180,000 (INR 37 – 96 Lakhs) per year in Australia.
Also read: MBA in Australia
Top Universities offering BBA in Australia
Following are the top universities offering BBA courses in Australia:
|University||QS World Ranking 2023||Location|
|The Australian National University||33||Canberra|
|University of Queensland (UQ)||46||Brisbane|
|University of Adelaide||106||Adelaide|
|University of Wollongong||196||Wollongong|
|The University of Newcastle, Australia (UON)||197||Callaghan|
|Queensland University of Technology (QUT)||217||Brisbane|
|Swinburne University of Technology||372||Melbourne|
|University of Canberra||456||Canberra|
|James Cook University (JCU)||462||Townsville|
|University of Southern Queensland||701-750||Toowoomba|
10 Oldest Universities in Australia
Cost of Studying BBA in Australia
The cost of studying BBA courses in Australia is mentioned below:
|University||Annual Tuition fees|
|The Australian National University||$45,360 (INR 33 Lakhs)|
|University of Queensland (UQ)||$30887(INR 23 Lakhs)|
|Monash University||$33818(INR 25 Lakhs)|
|University of Adelaide||$44,500(INR 33 Lakhs)|
|University of Wollongong||$21621(INR 16 Lakhs)|
|The University of Newcastle, Australia (UON)||$21921(INR 16 Lakhs)|
|Macquarie University||$28313(INR 21 Lakhs)|
|Curtin University||$18000- 27000(INR13L- 20 Lakhs)|
|Queensland University of Technology (QUT)||$31,100(INR 23 Lakhs)|
|Swinburne University of Technology||$23666(INR 17 Lakhs)|
|Flinders University||$33,700(INR 25 Lakhs)|
|University of Canberra||$32,800(INR 24 Lakhs)|
|James Cook University (JCU)||$30,960(INR 23 Lakhs)|
|University of Southern Queensland||$19218(INR 14 Lakhs)|
Cost of Living in Australia
Here is the average cost of living in Australia for international students:
|Cost of Living in Australia||1,400-2,500 AUD (INR 74,920-1.3 Lakhs) per month to cover all accommodation, food and travelling costs.|
|Flights from India||INR 50,000 to 1 Lakhs (one way)|
How to Study MBBS in Australia?
Scholarships for Studying BBA in Australia
Following is a list of scholarships for studying BBA courses in Australia:
|ANU Humanitarian Scholarship||Australian National University|
|ANU Chancellor’s International Scholarship||Australian National University|
|Dalio Philanthropies Scholarship||University of Queensland (UQ)|
|Adelaide Refugee & Humanitarian Undergraduate Scholarship||University of Adelaide|
|Student Emergency Fund||University of Adelaide|
|South Asia $10,000 Early Acceptance Scholarship||Macquarie University|
|International Merit Scholarship||Queensland University of Technology (QUT)|
|JCU International Merit Stipend||James Cook University (JCU)|
|University Excellence Scholarship||University of Wollongong|
|University of Wollongong Diplomat Scholarship||University of Wollongong|
Intakes in Australia
Universities in Australia offer BBA programs majorly during the February Intake or July intake.
|February(Late Feb/ early March to late May/ early June)||October-November|
|(July IntakeLate July/ early August to November)||February-March|
Eligibility while Applying for BBA in Australia
- Australian Class 12 or equivalent
- Background in Mathematics
- International selection rank (your home country scores are converted to Australian Tertiary Admission Rank or ATAR)
- English Language Proficiency (IELTS/ TOEFL/PTE/C1 Advanced). The minimum scores are specified by the university.
Documents Required while Applying for BBA in Australia
- Filled application form
- Copy of IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/C1 Advanced test scores
- Self-attested X & XII mark sheet and certificates
- Passport/Identification Card
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of funds
Student Visa for Australia
Getting a student visa for Australia is comparatively easier than in other countries and it falls under the Subclass 500. You will become eligible for a study visa once you are enrolled in a full-time study course. The maximum validity is 5 years. The requirements include:
- Proof of identity
- English language proficiency scores
- Proof of enrollment in an academic institution in Australia (Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate)
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement (proof of your intention to come to Australia only to study and not to settle down here)
- Certified documents of academic results
- Recent passport-size photographs
- Proof of funds
- Australian approved health insurance
- Criminal records, if any.
- Visa fee payment
- Additional requirements by the university
Once you’ve completed your bachelor’s, you may be eligible for the Post-Study Work stream of the Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa.
Scope of Studying BBA in Australia
After completing your BBA in Australia, you can choose to pursue an MBA degree or you become eligible for the following employment opportunities:
- Business Consultant
- Officers in the Australian Public Service
- Marketing Representative
- Business Analyst
- Communications Manager
- Human Resources Manager
- Management Consultant
- Marketing Consultant
- Recruitment and Staff Development Consultant
- Sales Manager
- Business Development Officer
- Operations Manager
- Project Manager
Are you planning to study in Australia? Then call us at 1800-572-000 and get a free profile evaluation with our Leverage Edu expert to secure admission to your dream university.