A lot of you might be planning to apply for jobs abroad but the process of getting a visa can be tiring and difficult at the same time, applying and getting a work visa is not an easy task especially in a country like the UK which is very particular about its visa policies. If you are planning to work in the UK and are also planning to get a visa sponsorship, then this blog will help you figure out the technicalities of getting jobs in the UK with visa sponsorship.
This Blog Includes:
- How to Apply to Jobs in UK with Visa Sponsorship?
- Eligibilty for Sponsorship Jobs in UK
- Documents Required
- Major Categories for Jobs in UK with Visa Sponsorship
- VISA Sponsorship in UK for Indians
How to Apply to Jobs in UK with Visa Sponsorship?
Visa sponsorship, in simple terms, means getting sponsored for your visa i.e. a company or any individual will take full or partial responsibility for your visa application. When it comes to a visa sponsorship for work, the company or your employer will take responsibility for your visa and expenses while you wait for it for a given period of time.
Here are a few steps that you need to take in order to get a job in the UK with visa sponsorship:
- You need to apply for a Tier 2 visa. A Tier 2 visa is a type of visa given to an immigrant with a job offer.
- You need to get a licensed sponsor in order to live and work in the UK, licensed sponsor could be an international company that is offering you a job. You need to apply for a job or internship and then get accepted by that company only then you are applicable for a sponsored visa.
- You should have a certain set of qualifications in order to get a visa, once you are deemed to be qualified you will receive a certificate of sponsorship which will be an important document that proves that you have been hired and sponsored by the given company.
- The company or the sponsor needs to provide you with an appropriate amount of salary that meets the standards policies of the UK government.
- You will be required to go through the basic process of background checking, medical examination etc that is a required process for a visa application.
Eligibilty for Sponsorship Jobs in UK
As per the official immigration website of the country, here are the crucial prerequisites you must qualify to apply for Tier-2 Visa for jobs in UK with Visa Sponsorship:
- You must have received employment opportunity from a licensed sponsor in the UK
- It is the responsibility of your sponsor to ensure that you fit all the criteria for the job they are hiring you for and you qualify the requirements for a visa as well. Once this is ensured, your sponsor will provide you with a certificate of sponsorship which will be need to apply for Tier-2 visa.
Here are the major documents you need to apply for a Tier-2 visa for sponsorship jobs in UK:
- Certificate of Sponsorship provided by your employer.
- Proof that you are getting paid an appropriate salary for your employment.
- Proof of English proficiency as per the approved English language proficiency tests.
- Proof that you have personal savings to finance your travels and other expenses when you arrive in the UK.
- Tuberculosis test results if you are from any of these listed countries.
- Criminal record certificate from any country where you stayed for 12 months or more in the last 10 years in case you aim to work with vulnerable people.
Major Categories for Jobs in UK with Visa Sponsorship
The job categories may differ according to the job demands in the country. There are a lot of job opportunities open in every field that demand a certain commitment towards a particular field. You should meet the required qualification for a job which increases your chances of getting a sponsored visa. You should also keep in mind that these companies will take a certain percentage of your salary in order to provide you with a sponsored visa. Here are a few fields that are in continuous demand in the country and the companies that are willing to sponsor your visa:
Sales and Management
Since the UK is known for its developed economy, there are a lot of job opportunities available in this field, jobs like sales manager and marketing manager are in high demand, with small companies in the UK willing to sponsor your visa. Multinational companies are interested in taking in employees with qualifications that match their job specifications regardless of their nationality.
This is a vast field and has ample job opportunities in every country and the same applies to the UK, engineers in various fields are in demand, international infrastructure companies hire applicants from various countries in order to keep a diverse work environment and to hire employees with the best qualifications.
Education or Teaching
For those with a degree in Teaching and Education, there are various jobs in UK with visa sponsorship especially at universities, schools and related academic institutes. From lecturership and school teachers and admission officers, there are several job opportunities available.
Research and Studentship
If you aim to build a career in research, you can work with research institutes and universities in the UK on different projects. These research opportunities are commonly available in research in Science and Technology but you can also discover prospects in theoretical and sociological research as well.
VISA Sponsorship in UK for Indians
Under the Tier-2 program, skilled workers from countries like India whose occupations are listed on the Tier -2 shortage occupation list, can apply to work in the UK on a long-term basis and advance their professional aspirations in a stimulating environment.
Popular Professions on the List
Following are the professional career you can consider:
- Doctors (Physicians)
- Nurses/Healthcare Workers
- Scientists & Research Fellows
- Finance Exports
- Entrepreneurs/Business Investors
- IT Specialists
Scope of UK Work Visa for a Skilled Worker
You can work and pursue your higher studies in the UK and bring your family members on dependent or spouse visas. You are also allowed to travel freely to and fro in the UK.
Maximum of 5 years. It can be renewed before it expires with proper documents
Apply 3 months prior to the appointment date mentioned in your job offer letter. Once you successfully clear the VISA Interview, the visa approval decision is finalized in 3 weeks.
The eligibility assessment criteria are:
- Professional qualifications
- Valid UK permit
- Job offer letter
- Future expected earning as per recommended standards
- Licensed UK employer’s sponsorship
- Ability to communicate fluently in English
- Present funds in your bank
- Salary requirements for this VISA job offer letter must state a salary of a minimum of EUR 25,6000
Work permit applications directly from individuals are not considered. Your employer in the UK must apply on your behalf, clearly stating the nature of your work, the area of your expertise, and the time you are expected to stay in the UK to complete your goals.
Here are a few basic steps to get a sponsorship to work in UK.
Have an employment opportunity in UK.
Get a licensed sponsor in order to live and work in the UK.
Provide all the essential documents and get your Tier 2 Visa.
Pass the background checks and medical exams.
Yes, almost all UK work visas need sponsorship from a UK-based company, so you must have suitable employment and sponsorship before applying for the UK work visa.
Getting a sponsor in UK depends on the employer, the individual’s background, sponsor availability and more.
Finding a job abroad can be a difficult process given the strict immigration laws and complex employment contracts. It is normal to feel apprehensive about your career decisions, with the right guidance and counselling you can come to an informed decision. Let the counsellors at Leverage Edu assist you in coming up with a career plan best suited for your strengths.