A lot of you might be planning to apply for jobs abroad but the process of getting a visa can be tiring and difficult at the same time, applying and getting a work visa is not an easy task especially in a country like the UK which is very strict when it comes to visa policies. Getting a job in the UK is a very difficult task and getting a sponsored visa on top of that makes it even more difficult. If you are planning to work in the UK and are also planning to get a visa sponsorship, then this blog will help you figure out the technicalities of getting jobs in UK with visa sponsorship.
Jobs in UK with Visa Sponsorship– How to Apply
Visa sponsorship, in simple terms, means getting sponsored for your visa i.e. a company or any individual will take full or partial responsibility of your visa application. When it comes to a visa sponsorship for work, the company or your employer will take responsibility of your visa and expenses while you wait for it for a given period of time.
Here are a few steps that you need to take in order to get a job in the UK with visa sponsorship:
- You need to apply for a Tier 2 visa. A Tier 2 visa is a type of visa given to an immigrant with a job offer.
- You need to get a licensed sponsor in order to live and work in the UK, licensed sponsor could be an international company that is offering you a job. You need to apply for a job or internship and then get accepted by that company only then you are applicable for a sponsored visa.
- You should have a certain set of qualifications in order to get a visa, once you are deemed to be qualified you will receive a certificate of sponsorship which will be an important document that proves that you have been hired and sponsored by the given company.
- The company or the sponsor needs to provide you with an appropriate amount of salary that meets the standards policies of the UK government.
- You will be required to go through the basic process of background checking, medical examination etc that is a required process for a visa application.
Jobs in UK with Visa Sponsorship– Job Categories
The job categories may differ according to the job demands in the country. There are a lot of job opportunities open in every field that demand a certain commitment towards a particular field.
You should meet the required qualification for a job which increases your chances of getting a sponsored visa. You should also keep in mind that these companies will take a certain percentage of your salary in order to provide you with a sponsored visa. Here are a few fields that are in demand currently and the companies that are willing to sponsor your visa:
Sales and Management: Since the UK is known for its developed economy, there are a lot of job opportunities available in this field, jobs like sales manager and marketing manager are in high demand, with small companies in the UK willing to sponsor your visa. Multinational companies are interested in taking in employees with qualifications that match their job specifications regardless of their nationality.
Engineering Sector: This is a vast field and has ample job opportunities in every country and the same applies for the UK, engineers in various fields are in demand, international infrastructure companies hire applicants from various countries in order to keep a diverse work environment and to hire employees with the best qualifications.
Finding a job abroad can be a difficult process given the strict immigration laws and complex employment contracts. It is normal to feel apprehensive about your career decisions, with the right guidance and counselling you can come to an informed decision. Let the counsellors at Leverage Edu assist you in coming up with a career plan best suited for your strengths.