The Tata Institute of Social Sciences Bachelor Admission Test, or TISS BAT was an entrance exam held by the Tata Institute of Social Science for admission to undergraduate programs like Bachelor of Arts program in Social Sciences, Bachelor of Arts in Social Work and Integrated BA program in Social Sciences and in Social work at various TISS campuses. However, The exam has replaced with CUET 2022 which will be administered by NTA in the month of July( Tentative). Let’s explore about the test, including important dates, the application process, qualifications, exam pattern, and syllabus in this blog.
This Blog Includes:
As told earlier as well that the TISS BAT was an annually conducted entrance exam which is being conducted by the Tata Institute of Social Science also known as TISS, for admission into undergraduate programs or undergraduate-postgraduate integrated programs at the 3 TISS campuses namely:
- TISS Tuljapur Campus
- TISS Mumbai Campus
- TISS Guwahati Campus
Yet, the exam has now been replaced by CUET 2022, which will be held by NTA in the month of July (tentative). Registrations for TISS BAT 2022 via CUET have been reopened as of May 27. Candidates who have completed class 12 or who want to do so may submit an application at cuet.samarth.ac.in through May 31, 2022.
|Name of the Exam||Tata Institute of Social Sciences Bachelor Admission Test 2022|
|Frequency||Once in a year|
|Courses offered||Undergraduate and/or Undergraduate-Postgraduate Integrated|
|Mode of examination||Paper 1: MCQ Test- online Paper 2: Essay writing- online|
TISS BAT Important Dates 2022
Candidates can examine the possible dates for the entrance exam admissions below since they are being performed through CUET 2022:
|TISS BAT 2022 Registration (Re-opened)||May 27, 2022 – May 31, 2022|
|TISS BAT 2022 Admit Card||Third week of June 2022|
|TISS BAT 2022 Exam Date||First week of July 2022|
|TISS BAT 2022 Result||Last week of July 2022|
|TISS BAT 2022 Counselling||August 2022|
Students are recommended to read the eligibility requirements for the exam before filling out the application form. The following eligibility requirements must be met in order for a student to be qualified to take the TISS BAT in 2022:
- Candidates or students must have completed and passed his or her class 12th from any recognised board in the country or equivalent.
- For General and OBC categorised students, the upper age limit for applying to TISS BAT is 20 years, and for SC/ST categorised students, the upper age limit is 23 years. The examination board will only consider the date of birth as evidence of age limit as stated or mentioned in the Secondary Board Education.
- Students who are taking or waiting for their intermediate or board exams results may also apply for the TISS BAT 2022 exam. However, the students will be required to present the results during the final selection process.
Requirements For TISS BAT 2022
Mentioned below are the requirements which need to be met in order to be eligible for TISS BAT.
- A personal laptop or desktop computer along with a microphone and video camera.
- Any internet browser like the most recent version of Google Chrome.
- Before the exam, the webcam must be checked.
- The speed of your internet connection should be at least 512 KBs.
- Before the exam, students will be told about the TISS BAT 2022 exam information, and a mock test will be conducted to give them an idea of what to expect.
The test pattern for the TISS BAT exam has changed in recent years. Instead of 90 minutes, students must now complete 40 multiple-choice questions in 45 minutes. The exam pattern and marking scheme for TISS BAT 2022 are described below:
- Paper 1: This will be a computer-based online exam that will contain questions related to General Knowledge, English Proficiency, Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation and Mathematics. Students will be given 60 minutes to complete the test and will be asked only MCQ type questions of 60 marks.
- Paper 2: Unlike paper 1, paper 2 will be a pen and paper-based examination where the students shall be given 4 topics out of which they must write an essay on any 2 topics of their choice. Candidates will be given approx. 30 minutes and the length of the essay must be 500 words. The test will carry 40 marks which means that each essay carries 20 marks.
TISS BAT Exam Syllabus 2022
|Subjects||Important topics to be covered|
|Mathematics||Integers, Fractions, Time Speed Distance, Average, Simple and Compound Interest, Probability, Profit and Loss, Ratio Proportion and Variation|
|Data Interpretation||Bar Graphs, Pie Charts, Tables and Venn Diagrams|
|Logical Reasoning||Alphabet Series, Number Series, Sitting Arrangements, Blood Relations, Logical Connectivity, Coding-Decoding, Direction Sense, Clocks, Calendars, Puzzles, Cubes and Statement Conclusion.|
|General Awareness||Current Affairs, Media, Advertisements, History, Geography, Politics, Economy, Constitution, Awards, Health, Technology, Environment and Nature.|
|English Proficiency||Idioms, Grammar and Vocabulary based Fill in the Blanks, Odd One Out, Jumbled Paragraphs, Synonym Antonyms, Spellings, Sentence Correction and Reading Comprehension.|
TISS BAT 2022 Application Process
The TISS official website will have the application for the TISS BAT 2022. Candidates may register for the exam up until the deadline. Only the TISS BAT Application form 2022 may be completed online
Candidates may apply for TISS BAT 2022 by following the procedures outlined below:
- Visit the institute’s official website at www.tiss.edu.
- Candidates must select the “Admissions” link on the homepage.
- All programme notifications will be available on this new page. The heading “Bachelors Programs and Integrated Bachelors and Masters Program” must be located by candidates.
- Click “Apply Online” after selecting the “BA Admissions” link.
- A screen with an application form will display.
- Complete the form and upload needed documents.
- Pay for the examination. You have two options for paying the application fee: online or with an SBI Bank Challan.
- The application fee is INR 275 for SC/ST applicants with yearly incomes under INR 2.5 lacs and INR 1 lac for NC-OBC candidates.
- All other applicants must pay a fee of INR 1025.
- Candidates who wish to submit their applications at a reduced charge must also attach copies of their income and caste certifications.
- Once the payment has been made, the application form is finished.
- Candidates are urged to print out this form so they have it on hand in case they require it later.
TISS BAT 2022 Intake
The intake for TISS BAT 2022 is mentioned below:
|TISS BAT Campus||Program||Number of Intakes|
|Mumbai Off-Campus||BA in Social Sciences||30|
|Tuljapur Off-Campus||BA Hons in Social Work in Rural Development||30|
|Guwahati Off-Campus||BA in Social Sciences||60|
Center for TISS BAT 2022 Exam
There will be 21 cities around the nation where TISS BAT 2022 will take place. In the application form, candidates are only allowed to select one of their chosen centres. However, once an applicant has been assigned an exam centre, it cannot be changed.
List of cities where TISS BAT 2022 will be held:
Result of TISS BAT 2022
In October 2022, the TISS BAT 2022 results will be made public. Candidates can access their results through the official website since results are only available online.
Following are the steps that candidates can take to download their TISS BAT 2022 scorecard:
- Visit the institute’s official website.
- Candidates must select the “Admissions” link on the homepage.
- There will be a flash link for the TISS BAT Result 2022; click on it.
- Once you’ve entered your User ID and password, click “Login.”
- The full result will be seen on your computer screen after logging in.
- Take a hardcopy of the outcome for your records.
This brings us to the end of this blog on TISS BAT 2022. We hope that the blog successfully clears all your doubts regarding the TISS BAT 2022 exam and has provided you with all the important details and information about the exam. So start your prep for TISS BAT and score high with Leverage Edu. Sign up for a free session today with our experts.