National Institute of Electronics & Information Technology (NIELIT) is an Autonomous Scientific Society under the administrative authority of the Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology ,Government of India. NIELIT was set up to carry out Human Resource Development and related activities in the area of Information, Electronics & Communications Technology. NIELIT is engaged in both formal and informal education in the area of IECT. Over the years, NIELIT has endeavoured to enhance standards to be the country’s premier institution in the field of IECT. It is also one of the National Examination Body, which accredits institutes/organizations for conducting courses in IT in the non-formal sector.
This Blog Includes:
- NIELIT CCC course
- NIELIT courses list:
- NIELIT Formal Courses
- Literacy Courses by NIELIT
- NIELIT Short Term Courses
- How to Apply
- NIELIT Centres
- Scholarships Available for NIELIT Course
NIELIT CCC course
Course on Computer Concepts (CCC) is designed on a basic level IT Literacy programme that will give an opportunity to the candidates to pursue computer literacy. It will help in contributing to increased and speedy PC penetration in different walks of life.
The course will enable the user to the use the computer for basic purposes like personnel/business letters, viewing information on internet (the web), receiving and sending mails, preparing his business presentations, preparing small databases etc.
NIELIT courses list:
Listed below are the non formal courses offered by NIELIT –
NIELIT ‘O’ Level Course
NIELIT ‘O’ level course of DOEACC Scheme is equivalent to a Foundation Level Course in Computer Applications.
NIELIT ‘A’ Level Course
This course is designed to impart required knowledge and skills in I.T. that prepares the candidates for NIELIT examination.
NIELIT ‘B’ Level Course
The ‘B’ Level Course of NIELIT Scheme is recognized by Ministry of Human Resource Development, Govt of India, which is professionally equivalent to MCA Degree Course.
CHM ‘O’ Level’ Course & CHM ‘A’ Level Course
The Objective of the CHM O Level & A Level course is to train 10+2 Qualifiers to acquire basic knowledge in computer hardware & peripherals for installation, trouble shooting and maintenance, system software, database management , data back-up, disaster prevention, diagnosis, rectification of faults besides personality
NIELIT online courses
NIELIT and AICTE have signed an MoU that will help in Employability Enhancement Training Programme. Under this program, NIELIT centres will offer various online courses to the students who are looking for an alternative of learning at the comfort of their home and time when they are available.
Eligibility for Non-Formal Courses
- For ‘O’ Level – Candidates must have passed 10+2
- For ‘A’ Level – Candidates must have passed ‘O’ Level/ Should be a graduate or hold a polytechnic diploma
- For ‘B’ Level – Candidates must have passed ‘A’ Level
- For CHM ‘O’Level – Candidates must have passed 10+2 in Science
- For CHM ‘A’ Level – Candidates must have passed CHM ‘O’ Level / Hold a diploma in electrical/electronics
NIELIT Formal Courses
|Course Name||NIELIT Centres where the course is conducted|
|M.Tech in Embedded Systems||Calicut|
|PhD Programme in Engineering and Technology||Aurangabad|
|M.Tech in VLSI & Embedded System Design||Gorakhpur|
|M.Tech in Electronics Design and Technology||Gorakhpur, Calicut, Aurangabad|
|BCA||Agartala, Imphal, Kohima, Aizawl, Guwahati, Itanagar|
|Diploma in Electronics Production & Maintenance||Aurangabad|
|MCA||Aizawl, Srinagar, Imphal and Calicut|
|MSc Computer Science||Guwahati|
|B.Tech in Electronics Engineering||Aurangabad|
Literacy Courses by NIELIT
In addition to these courses, there are a number of digital literacy courses that are offered by NIELIT:
- ACC – Awareness in Computer Concepts
- BCC – Basic Computer Course
- CCC – Course on Computer Concepts
- CCC Plus – Course on Computer Concepts Plus
- ECC – Experts Computer Course
NIELIT Short Term Courses
NIELIT provides additional certificate courses to its students as well –
- Certificate Course
- Web designing
- Soft skills and communicative english
- Office Automation and Soft Skills
- Desktop Publishing
- Advanced Development using PHP
How to Apply
For applying for NIELIT courses,registration becomes a prerequisite. However, candidates can only register for a single level, but the registration for these courses is available throughout the year. There are certain guidelines for registration that are stated below:
- Candidates should inform the NIELIT in case there is a change of address, as communications to the candidates will be sent to their registered address filled in the Registration form.
- Only authenticated information must be provided.
- Any false, incorrect, misleading or fake information can subject them to financial, social and legal actions from NIELIT.
- Personal addresses may be given instead of c/o Institutions so that the communication is directly with the candidate.
- Candidates are supposed to pay Rs 500 as a registration fee through online payment modes like NEFT, Credit Card, Debit Card/Net Banking RTGS, CSC-SPV, Online Transfer, etc.
NIELIT has centres at the following locations –
Scholarships Available for NIELIT Course
Protsahan Puraskar Scheme: This scholarship scheme has been designed for SC/ST/Physically Handicapped and Female Students. These students qualify for fee waive-off only after they have cleared papers in the first attempt. Additionally, they are asked to submit certain proofs that include:
- Proof of pursuing O/A/B/C level as full-time courses’
- Registration/op-gradation Proof
- Income Proof (should not exceed Rs 10 LPA from all sources)
- Proof for passing the examination of the relevant
So, this was all about NIELIT Courses. For more such content, stay connected with Leverage Edu! Planning to study abroad but don’t know which universities or courses are right for you? Allow our AI Course Finder to assist you. Feed-in your choices and let the AI compare them against millions of accessible data points from across the world. Click here to use our AI Course Finder.