The University Assistant Exam is conducted by the KPSC to recruit candidates against various posts in the Universities of Kerela. The exam is conducted through online mode. Formerly, each university individually conducted the exam but after 2016, the Kerala Public Service Commission – KPSC took over the process. A University Assistant position is a part-time, non-permanent, contractual, unclassified position whereby individuals may be employed in non-teaching capacities that are restricted to a maximum of 19 hours of employment per week. If you are planning to appear for this exam in the coming year, read our blog to know all that is necessary!
This Blog Includes:
Prerequisites to qualify for the University Assistant Exam are as follows:
- A degree in any faculty from a recognized university or its equivalent.
- Candidate applying for the post must be above 18 years and below 36 years of age with relaxation given to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Communities.
Application Process for University Assistant Exam
- Applications are invited by KPSC through online mode only. The applicant must register themselves in One Time Registration Tulasi.
- After Registration, the applicant has to log in to make a profile by using the ID and Password.
- Find the respective post and click on ‘Apply now’. Fill in the online application form where the candidate has to put in their personal and academic details.
- The last step to the application is to submit and download the form.
Note: University Assistant exam is usually conducted in the month of June. The notification and dates for the calendar year 2020 are yet to be released.
Applicants who are appearing for Kerala PSC University Assistant Exam need to have a thorough understanding of the exam pattern. It is necessary to know the weightage of each section to perform well in the overall exam. Given below is the exam pattern of the exam:
- Total number of questions asked in the exam = 100
- The maximum marks 100.
- Each question carries one mark
- Medium of Exam = English
- Duration of University Assistant Exam = 1hr 15 mins
- 0.33 marks deducted for every wrong answer
|Basic General Knowledge (Regional language Malayalam)||10|
|Current Affairs, Facts about India,
Renaissance of Kerala, General Science, Constitution of India and Civil Rights, Social welfare and IT & Cyber Law
|Quantitative Aptitude and Mental Ability &
Syllabus of University Assistant Exam
To excel in competitive exams, it is necessary to know the syllabus for the same. The table given below encompasses important topics for the University Assistant Exam:
|1||Quantitative Aptitude||LCM and HCF, Test of Divisibility, Ratio and Proportion,
Interest, Time and Work,
Time and Distance,
Area and Volume, Trains,
Clocks, Problems on Ages,
|Mental Ability and
Reasoning, Sense of direction,
Date and Calendar,
Alphabetical Arrangement of words,
Common sense test,
Odd one out,
Dates and Calendar,
|3||General Science||Other basic facts in the field of Science, Common scientific facts, etc.|
|4||Current Affairs||National and regional
events, Cinema, Sports, literature, etc.
|5||Facts about India||Physical features,
Economy and Planning,
Period of Indian History
National Movement, etc.
|6||Renaissance of Kerala|| Renaissance in Kerala,
Yohannan, Ayankali-Pandit Karuppa,
Dr Palpu, Kumaranasan,
Blessed Kuriakose Alias
|7||Constitution of India and Civil rights||Directive Principles, Basic Features, Union Territories, General public service commission and its appointments, Legislature-State executive, Human rights, Human Rights Commission, Women Empowerment, Union Government, Legislature, Fundamental rights and duties, Directive principle, Union government, State Executives, Women’s Commission, Right to Information, Information Commission, Apex courts, Atrocities against Scheduled Caste and Schedule Tribes.|
|8||General English||Grammar Agreement of
Subject and Verb,
Correct usage of Articles,
Direct and Indirect Speech, Active and Passive Voice,
Singular and Plural,
Synonyms and Antonyms,
Correction in Sentences,
Vocabulary, Gender, Idioms, One-word Substitutes,
|9||Social welfare schemes and measures||Antdyodaya Anna Yojana,
Balika Smridhi Yojana,
Samara Awaz Yojana,
National Food For Work
Indira Awas Yojana,
Prime Minister Rozgar
Rural Landless Employment Guarantee Program,
Development Scheme, etc.
|10||Information Technology and Cyber Laws||Computers, I.T.,
Cyber Laws, etc.
Grammar of Malayalam
How to Prepare for University Assistant Exam?
Be it RRB NTPC, TET, DU B.ED or other such exams, one needs to devise a proper strategy keeping in mind the strengths and weaknesses in order to score well. Glance through the following tips to prepare for the University Assistant Exam:
- Go through the syllabus and pattern thoroughly. If needed, keep the print out of the syllabus in front of you so that you don’t miss out on important topics.
- Solve previous year question papers. This will help you identify the important modules and will also improve your speed.
- Devote atleast 1.5-2 hours for those topics or areas you are weak in.
- Give mock papers on a regular basis
- Last by not the least, revise what you have read everyday.
Other Similar Exams
- SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam (SSC CHSL)
- SBI PO and Clerk Exam
- SSC CGLE
- Combined Defense Services Examination (CDSE)
- IFS Exam Syllabus
- Kerela PSC Exam
- Indian Statistical Service Examination
Hope this blog has provided the necessary information and detail regarding the University Assistant Exam. You can also explore the teaching opportunities at universities abroad with the help of Leverage Edu. Register for a free career counselling session with us, now!