When we talk about the toughest exams in India, one can definitely not miss the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering, popularly known as the GATE Exam amongst millennials. The craze of this exam is such that many science & tech enthusiasts who take gap years, leave their existing jobs to hit a high score on the test. The GATE exam is used for admissions to PG and PhD courses offered by the best engineering universities in India, that is, the IITs. The Government of India also uses GATE as a requirement for PSU candidates. Here is everything you need to know about the GATE Result 2022: Top Abroad Universities Accepting GATE Scores.
This Blog Includes:
What is the GATE exam?
GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering) is an online national-level examination for Master of Engineering (ME), Master of Technology (MTech), and direct PhD admissions to Indian Institutes of Technology (IITs), National Institutes of Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes of Information Technology (IIITs), and other institutes/universities throughout India. On behalf of the National Coordination Board (NCB – GATE), Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource & Development (MHRD), Government of India, the exam is jointly conducted IIT Bombay, IIT Delhi, IIT Guwahati, IIT Kanpur, IIT Kharagpur, IIT Madras, IIT Roorkee, and Indian Institute for Science, Bangalore, on a rotating basis (IISC Bangalore).
GATE Exam Eligibility Criteria
There are certain prerequisites the candidates have to meet before appearing in the GATE exam. If any discrepancy is found in the essential requirements, the official authorities hold the power to cancel the candidature of the applicants. Following are some of them:
- Formal schooling of 10+2
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Architecture or Technology
- Master’s degree in any branch of science in mathematics/ computer application/ statistics or their equivalent
- New relaxation in terms of minimum eligibility has been introduced this year which means that not only students pursuing 10+2+4 ongoing courses can apply but those who are a part of 10+2+3 ongoing courses can also apply in their 3rd year.
Once the results are announced on the official website and all the category-wise cut-offs are released, the process of admission which is called counseling starts. All universities conduct their own admission procedures to invite students. Here is the process:
For M.Tech admissions, IIT Kharagpur will not have any counseling sessions. Candidates seeking admission to IITs, NITs, and other prominent universities would be required to engage in separate counseling procedures.
- For admissions into NITs candidates need to register for GATE CCMT Counseling. Usually, the counseling process starts in the month of April.
- For admissions into IITs, candidates need to register for GATE COAP Counseling. Aspirants must apply to particular institutes where they wish to be admitted before registering for the Common Offer Acceptance Port
GATE 2022 PSU Recruitment & Cut-Off
- Public Sector Undertakings (PSUs) are businesses that are owned by the Indian government’s central government, one of its states/territories, or both.
- Every year, these firms hire applicants through the GATE test.
- Candidates who have been shortlisted and have a valid GATE score are invited to participate in selection phases such as a personal interview (PI) or a group discussion (GD).
Top Universities Accepting Gate Scores
GATE or the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is the gateway to Masters in Engineering (M.E) and Masters in Technology (M.Tech) courses in engineering colleges across the country. However, while the GATE score is primarily accepted in IISc Bangalore, IITs, NITs, and other premium institutes in India, the exam has also picked up the pace to cross the boundary at the international level for entry into postgraduate programs abroad. While the majority of universities would accept the GRE score for their MS program, few institutes in countries such as Singapore and Germany are known to accept GATE scores as well for admission to their post-graduate programs.
|1.||National University of Singapore (NUS)||Singapore||12||90|
|2.||Nanyang Technological University (NTU)||Singapore||13||90|
|3.||Technical University of Germany||Germany||60||90|
National University of Singapore
The National University of Singapore has set the minimum GATE result and cut off at the 90 percentile.
For the Semester 1 (August) intake, the closing date is 15 November of the previous year. For the Semester 2 (January) intake, the closing date is 30 June of the previous year. Applications are open all year round. Applications received after the closing date will be considered for the next relevant intake.
A non-refundable application fee of S$50.00 inclusive of GST is payable for each application. Application fees must be made online via the Graduate Admission System.
A degree certificate and official transcript of academic records are required from each university the applicant has attended. Applicants are responsible for requesting the transcript(s) from the relevant universities. If you are currently:
- An undergraduate graduating in July, who is applying for the August intake
- An undergraduate graduating in December, who is applying for the January intake
You may submit your application with your latest University exam results/consolidated mark sheet/ university transcripts (up till 7th-semester results) before the closing date. In addition to university transcripts, applicants may attach any other academic certificates to support their application.
Applicants (except for NUS/NTU/SMU graduates) should submit GRE scores. GRE scores are valid for five (5) years from the test date. If the test was taken more than five years since applicants should retake the test to have the scores reported. Applicants from India may submit GATE scores in lieu of GRE.
Nanyang Technological University Singapore
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree with minimum 2nd class honors upper or *Honours (Distinction) and the ability to pursue research in the candidate’s proposed field of advanced study.
Required Test Scores
- A valid GRE/GMAT score is required for applicants who are not graduates of the Autonomous Universities in Singapore unless there is a specific requirement stated on the School’s website for the respective program. Test dates must be within 5 years or less from the date of your application.
- Applicants from India may use the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering [GATE] score of at least 90th percentile in place of the GRE. The test date must be within 3 years or less from the date of your application.
- For applicants whose native language is not English, a good TOEFL score is required. Test dates must be within 2 years or less from the date of your application. IELTS may be submitted in place of TOEFL.
- A photocopy of the GRE/GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS test scores should be attached to the application. Official original test scores are not required at the application stage.
NTU accepts GATE scores in the following engineering schools:
- School of Chemical and Biomedical Engineering
- School of Civil and Environmental Engineering
- School of Computer Engineering
- School of Electrical and Electronic Engineering
- School of Materials Science and Engineering
- School of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
Want to study abroad but worried about IELTS? Fret not, sign up for a FREE Demo Class with Leverage Live to make your scores skyrocket!
Technical University of Munich Germany
The Technical University of Munich is one of the foreign universities accepting GATE scores. It is one of the best German universities accepting GATE scores.
Minimum GATE score for TU Munich
If you are looking for admission to TU Munich(Technical University of Munich), you must have to qualify for the minimum GATE result and score requirement equivalent to the 90 percentile.
GRE and GATE
Applicants with a Degree from Bangladesh, China, India, Iran, or Pakistan will have to submit a GRE (General) Test.
The required minimum scores, and lower scores will not be accepted! The required scores are:
- Verbal reasoning: (will not be taken into account anymore)
- Quantitative reasoning: 157
- Analytical writing: 3.5
Programs under the mentioned faculties in the Technical University of Germany accept GATE results and scores.
- Faculty of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty of Civil Engineering and Surveying
- Faculty of Electrical Engineering and Information Technology
Usually, the students in Mechanical and Production engineering prefer going to Germany for their Masters as there is a lot of opportunity for growth and research in those fields in Germany.
Programs under the mentioned faculty in RWTH Achen which accept GATE result and scores:
- Applied Geophysics
- Automotive Engineering
- Biomedical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering, Information Technology and Computer Engineering,
- Media Informatics
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Software Systems Engineering
Also Read: Study MTech Without GATE Exam in India and Abroad
We hope that this blog about the Top Abroad Universities Accepting GATE result has provided you with the essential information of admission prospects. Want to study engineering abroad? Then call our experts on 1800 572 000 and get started on your journey!