Every science student hopes to pursue a career in the medical industry. It is, however, not limited to an MBBS degree. There are several medical science courses available that are both lucrative and demanding. Even though the healthcare industry has grown significantly over the past decade, there are still too many seasoned specialists. One industry that is attracting young aspirants and getting more and more demanding is the Pharmaceutical industry. You’ve come to the perfect blog if you want to work in the pharmaceutical sector and intend to pursue a B Pharmacy degree in USA; Read on to learn more about it.
|Course||Bachelors in Pharmacy|
|Eligibility||50% or more in 10+2
(Chemistry or Biology as a subject)
|Entrance Exams Required||IELTS– 6.0- 7.0
SAT– 1200 above
|Tuition Fee||23,000 USD to 57,000 USD per year (INR 18.92 Lakh – INR 46.90 Lakh)|
|Career Prospects||Pharmacologist, Consultant Chemist, Oncology Pharmacist, Biomedical Scientist,|
|Average Salary||36740 USD to 59535 USD (INR 30.23 Lakh – 48.98 Lakh)|
This Blog Includes:
Why Study Pharmacy?
Pharmacology entails developing a wide range of drugs, improving them, and using numerous research techniques to ascertain drug dosage and its impact on our health, both good and bad.
Pharmacy has always been a flourishing, evolving, and versatile field. The importance of B Pharmacy in the USA, which is emerging as one of the multifaceted fields, has, regrettably, been underestimated and even goes unacknowledged. This may be due to the misconception that a pharmacist’s sole responsibility is to sit in a pharmacy and sell patients the medications prescribed by the doctor. That is not the case, though.
Why Study in USA?
- The USA is one of the top study-abroad destinations for Indian students due to its reputation as one of the most developed countries in the world. The nation boasts a rich multicultural history and a tonne of job prospects.
- The US biopharmaceutical sector receives a considerable contribution from the pharmaceutical industries. Over 3.2 per cent of the nation’s GDP is represented by its approximate 625 billion USD total worth.
- International students make up about 5.5% of the US higher education population.
- The United States is renowned for having the best educational system in the world. It gives you the option to select courses that best suit your interests and provides exposure to a wide range of internship programs. Additionally, a variety of student exchange programs are available that help you expand your horizons in academics and career.
Here is a list of universities that offer B Pharmacy in USA, along with a ranking for each.
|Name of the University||QS World Ranking 2023|
|University of Michigan Ann Arbor||25|
|University of Arizona||262|
|North Eastern University||388|
Must Read: B Pharmacy Subjects
Now that you have a basic understanding of the US universities that offer the B Pharmacy degree, let’s discuss the standard requirements for admission;
- At least 50-60% in 10+2. The percentage varies from institution to institution, though, and at certain colleges, it reaches a high of 85%
- Students must have studied Biology, Chemistry, or Physics in higher education.
- Students must submit their test results from the SAT, IELTS, or TOEFL in order to be admitted to the B Pharmacy program in the United States.
Make sure you have the following collection of documentation ready before applying to universities that offer B Pharmacy in USA. These documents consist of:
- Higher secondary education certificate
- Other Academic Transcripts or achievement certificates.
- English Proficiency Test Scores
- SOP/LORs (Varies from University to university)
- Financial Proofs
The application process begins months before the program’s opening date and takes a quite good amount of time. The universities generally offer two intakes for overseas students, the fall intake and the winter intake. Call our Leverage Edu professionals at 1800 572 000 to learn more about admission intakes, and processes and to expedite your application. Here is a simple path you can follow to fulfil your goal of studying abroad and being accepted to a B Pharmacy in the USA.:
- Get in touch with our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist top colleges and programs. Apply to various colleges by starting your application through our single dashboard.
- Gather all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates, and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Accept the offer letter and connect digitally with your professors, classmates, and housemates.
- Get your visa approved and depart for the college of your dreams.
By including the scholarships at the expense of your college fees, you can manage the remaining percentage of your expenses in the USA. Numerous universities across the country offer grants, awards, scholarships, and other forms of financial aid to students who wish to study B Pharmacy in the USA. You have two options: either apply for these scholarships or be admitted based only on merit.
We have compiled a list of scholarships accessible in the USA after extensive study to save you time and effort:
|Name of the scholarship||Eligibility||Award|
|International Student Scholarships, University of Michigan Ann Arbor||Min 3 GPA (83%-86%)Full-time degree program||10000 USD (INR 82.28 Lakh)|
|Jack and Victoria Strandhoy Scholarship, UIC||New incoming admission with high academic achievement||Varies|
|Dean’s Pharmaceuticals Sciences Scholarship for International Students, USC||University students pursuing a pharmacy degree||5000 USD
(INR 41.14 Lakh)
|Purdue College of Pharmacy Scholarship||Students pursuing a BSPS degree may be given awards depending on their grade point average. Leadership skills and extracurriculars are also considered.||500 USD to 2,000 USD
(INR 41,143 to 1.64 Lakh)
Must Read: Diploma in Ayurvedic Pharmacy
Now let’s look at the documentation required for a student (F-1) visa in the USA.
- Valid passport
- A printed copy of the DS-160 form
- Interview appointment letter (original and copy)
- SEVIS fee receipt
- I-20 form (given by your university/college)
- Visa fee payment confirmation slip
Career and Job Prospects
Due to the top pharmacy institutions’ top-notch teaching staff and the high-quality education they provide, a bachelor’s degree in pharmacy is highly sought after in the USA. Moreover, the best thing is that recruiters give graduates in pharmacology lucrative salary packages. A pharmacy graduate can make a minimum of 36,740 USD on average (INR 30.23 Lakh) to 59535 USD (INR 48.98 Lakh)
Cost of Study and Living in USA
The cost of living for an overseas student studying in the United States depends on their lifestyle and kind of residence, whether it is off-campus or on-campus. The costs of living also include your meals, commuting, groceries, supplies, etc. When you add up all these expenses, your monthly spending ranges from 1,300 to 2,500 USD (INR 1.06 Lakh to 2.05 Lakh). If we talk about the Tuition fee, varies from 23,000 USD to 57,000 USD per year (INR 18.92 Lakh – INR 46.90 Lakh).
Want to study abroad but are worried about expenses? Let Leverage Finance help you!
Graduates of BPharm programs can enrol in PharmD programs and subsequently register as pharmacists in the United States.
Some of the countries that provide the top pharmacy education programs are the USA, UK, and Australia.
For international students, pursuing a B Pharmacy in the USA will be wise. Your future will be best prepared for by the nation’s top-ranked colleges, first-rate infrastructure, top-notch education, and exposure to the world. Therefore, if you want to begin your Bachelor’s degree program in Pharmacy in the USA, get in touch with the team of Leverage Edu for a seamless process