Indo – French Centre for Promotion of Advanced Research has announced the Raman Charpak Fellowship – 2021 for PhD and Masters students of India and France. The Raman Charpak Fellowship Program is in honour of two Nobel Laureates in Physics, Professor C.V. Raman, Indian Nobel Laureate, and Professor Georges Charpak, French Nobel Laureate. Read further for more details on the blog of Raman Charpak Fellowship.
Related Read: Rajiv Gandhi Fellowship
This Blog Includes:
Aim of Raman-Charpak Fellowship
This program is implemented by the Indo French Centre for Promotion of Advanced Research (IFCPAR/ CEFIPRA) which aims at improvising the doctoral skills of Indian and French candidate students who are provided with the opportunities in research in a University/ Research & Development institutions based in the countries of France or India respectively.
|Particulars||Indian & French Ph.D. students||French Master’s students|
|Launch for applications||April/May||April|
|Declaration of Result||September End||Mid-December|
|Commencement of Fellowship||Mid-October onwards||Mid-January onwards|
- Applicants from India must be Indian citizens residing in India and have registered for a Ph.D. in a recognized university or research institution in India.
- Applicants from France must be residing in France and have registered for a Ph.D./ Master’s degree in a recognized university or research institution in France.
- Maximum age 30 years as of 1st April of the planned year.
- Students who are supported by CEFIPRA and who have a permanent position in institutions/universities are not eligible.
- Pre-authorization or prior consent from his or her college/university to apply for a foreign fellowship program.
Raman- Charpak Fellowship is aimed at Indian and French students enrolled in Masters or PhD programmes from a recognised university/institution. The duration of the fellowship is 2- 6 months.
- Atmospheric Sciences
- Materials Sciences
- Earth Sciences
- Environmental Sciences
- Chemical Sciences
- Engineering Sciences
- Biological Sciences
- Physical Sciences
- Mathematical and Computational Sciences
- Life and Medical Sciences
How to Apply?
Interested candidates can apply for Raman Charpak Fellowship through the official website. Click on this link to apply!
Raman-Charpak Fellowship Benefits
Below are the following benefits provided by the Raman Charpak Fellowship:
- Fellows of India: 1500 Euros per month for daily expenses, local travel, accommodation charges plus Social Security charges.
- Fellows of France: INR 40,000 per month for daily expenses, local travel, etc. plus accommodation charges not exceeding INR 45,000 per month.
- One return airfare ticket in economy class.
- Insurance coverage (travel & health) wherever is required
- French Resident Permit (Carte de Sejour)
- Support for attending conference/seminar /workshop during the stay.
Related Read: Smart Graduate Fellowship
Raman Charpak Fellowship Requirements
Here are the requirements for Raman Charpak Fellowship program:
- A CV (up to 3 pages) with a recent photograph including a summary of achievements and research interests list of relevant publications
- A LOR from the Ph.D. supervisor in his/her native lab.
- A LOR and agreement from the proposed supervisor in the fellowship lab (Foreign Research Institute.
- Ph.D. synopsis or short summary of Ph.D. work (up to 3 pages only).
- Research experience letter or publications.
- No Objection Certificate (NOC) from Head of the Institute
- Scanned copy of highest degree certificate.
- Scanned copy of Ph.D. registration letter.
- A scanned copy of passport (both front and back).
- A recent photograph.
- Tata Ratan Scholarship for Engineering Students
- QS Scholarships
- Fulbright Scholarships
- PhD Scholarships in India
- Inlaks Scholarships
- Haas Scholarship
- PhD Abroad Scholarships for Indians
- NSERC Scholarship