Pragati Scholarship is a scholarship scheme started by the government and executed by the AICTE [All India Council for Technical Education]. Under the Pragati Scholarship, an aggregate of 5,000 grants are dispensed each year among worthy young lady researchers. An amount of INR 50,000 for each year is given to the grant victors consistently. Since its beginning in the year 2014-15, many women have profited by the Pragati Scholarship scheme.
Must Read: AICTE Saksham Scholarship
This Blog Includes:
The Pragati Scholarship has been designed to benefit girl candidates. The subtleties of the Pragati Scholarship sum are featured underneath.
The chosen undergraduates get INR 50,000 for each annum for each time of study as a single amount sum towards:
- Installment of school expenses
- Acquisition of books
- Acquisition of hardware
- Acquisition of laptops and software
- Acquisition of desktops
Must Read: Scholarships For Girls in India
When filling out the Pragati Scholarship application form, there are a few required documents that applicants must hold with them. To complete their application process, the applicants must submit scanned versions of the following papers.
- Label Layer Class 10
- Label Layer Class 12
- Annual certificate of family income in the specified format of the preceding financial year by a Tehsildar or above by an appropriate Authority
- Letter of admission to first-year degree/diploma programmes for the current academic year issued by the Centralized Admission Authority
- For the present school year, the issuance of paying tuition fees
- Aadhaar seeded bank passbook showing the name, account number, IFSC code and photo of the borrower pasted at an appropriate location properly signed by the Manager with the bank’s rubber stamp affixed to it.
- Certificate given as per the specified format by the Director/Principal/HOD.
- Certified copy of the Caste Certificate, if the applicant is applying for the grade SC/ST/OBC.
- A properly signed document by parents in compliance with the required format specifying that the information submitted by the applicant is accurate and that the amount of the scholarship will be refunded in the event that any incorrect information is discovered at any point.
- Aadhar Card
- Applicant’s passport photo scale
- The candidate’s signature
The Pragati Scholarship announcement date ranges from year to year. The last date to apply for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship is 31st October 2022.
- The applicants must be enrolled in an AICTE accredited college/institution to qualify for the Pragati Scholarship. The specifics of the inclusion criteria for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship is given below.
- Applicants must be admitted to the 1st or 2nd year through lateral admission only of the technical diploma/degree programme of the college/institute approved by AICTE in the current academic year through the State/Central Government Centralized Admission Process.
- For the fellowship, two girls per family are welcome to apply.
- During the preceding financial year the applicant’s yearly income must not surpass INR 8 lakh. The income of the parents/in-laws, whichever is greater, is assumed in the case of the claimant being married.
Also Read: Apply Now for these Merit-cum-Means Based MCM Scholarships 2020-21!
Key Points To Remember
The candidates should bear in mind a few terms and conditions. Find the terms and conditions of the Pragati Scholarship highlighted below.
- For this scholarship, only students who have gained enrollment in the first year of their degree/diploma programme in the current academic year can apply.
- The scanned copies of the photo and signature size of the applicant’s passport must be submitted in JPG/JPEG format before processing the application form. The picture file size should not be greater than 200 kb and the signature should not be greater than 50 kb.
- Students admitted to the AICTE Pragati Scholarship by a management quota are not entitled to apply.
- In a bank, applicants must have a general saving account. No FRILL/Minor/Joint account may be used.
- Direct Value Transfer (DBT) is used to transfer the scholarship balance directly into the bank account of the chosen applicant.
- Graduate and diploma grants are transferable if qualifying candidates are not available in any of the degree/diploma level programmes.
How to apply for Pragati Scholarship
AICTE helps candidates fill out the Pragati scholarship application form through the NSP Portal to support candidates with the application process. To fill out the application form, follow the steps highlighted below.
- By clicking on the ‘Current Registration’ button, applicants need to register themselves on the NSP Site.
- To complete the application, read the instructions closely and fill in all the details.
- Following successful registration, applicants may obtain their registered telephone number with an application ID and password.
- Now to fill out the Pragati application form, candidates need to log in to the NSP Portal using their application ID and password.
- Applicants will be asked to change their password (a compulsory step).
- The candidates are then expected to fill out the application form for the scholarship.
- Applicants must upload the scanned versions of the documentation needed and submit the application form.
Pragati Scholarship is a scholarship scheme started by the government and executed by the AICTE.
The last date to apply for the AICTE Pragati Scholarship is 31st October 2022.
AICTE accredited college/institution to qualify for the Pragati Scholarship.
We hope this blog helped you in gathering information regarding the Pragati Scholarship. For more information and assistance to apply, contact our experts at Leverage Edu. Sign up for a free session today!