“The body has the capacity to heal itself if given the right conditions and care.” Naturopathy is emerging as one of the best health practices to identify predisposition in the body and treat acute diseases with specific therapies and changing the lifestyle of those going through rigorous treatments. The foundation of Naturopathy, one of the specialized fields of Alternative Medicine, lies in seeing the human mind, body, and spirit in a holistic unity. Due to its growing importance, it has become one of the most opted Medical Science courses at both, bachelor’s and master’s levels. If you are looking for Naturopathy courses, here is an insightful blog which will walk you through various degree and diploma programs in this field
This Blog Includes:
- What is Naturopathy?
- Why Pursue Naturopathy Courses?
- Types of Naturopathy Courses
- Naturopathy Couse Syllabus
- Eligibility to Pursue Naturopathy Courses
- Top Naturopathy Courses in India
- Top Naturopathy Courses Abroad
- Best Naturopathy Courses Online
- Naturopathy Courses Fees
What is Naturopathy?
Naturopathy is defined as the science of dealing with illness or treating the body using natural ways of healing and alternative medicine. It is one of the popular courses after 12th Science that provides personalised healthcare according to the particular disease. With its roots spread across various sectors, pursuing Naturopathy courses offer an immense number of opportunities to work in every environment with medical organisations, research in the health industry or in administrative roles, or even as a professor in medical universities and academic institutions.
Why Pursue Naturopathy Courses?
The profession of naturopathy is designed for those who are eager to serve the community with the help of natural healthcare treatments.
- Offered in the form of degree and diploma programs, Naturopathy courses impart knowledge of several healing and cleansing treatments as well as a wide variety of scientific methods of curing various diseases.
- Further, you will get to learn about various dietary and exercising techniques that can effectively minimize the effect of multifarious bodily disorders.
- These programs will provide you with advanced knowledge of effective healing methods that can be carried out without the use of antibiotics and alternative medicines.
- Moreover, they also comprise building a general foundation of natural healing methods and you will also be placed at Naturopathic clinics and health centers during the course.
Types of Naturopathy Courses
As discussed, Naturopathy courses are offered in the form of degrees, certificate and diplomas. These programs cover various facets of the field and equip you with the necessary skills to advance your career. Here are some of the major Naturopathy courses for you to consider:
Diploma in Naturopathy
Running for a period of 1-3 years, Diploma in Naturopathy imparts foundational knowledge of the field through subjects like Fundamental Anatomy, Natural Care Methods, Health and Nutrition, etc. Upon completing this one of the most opted Naturopathy courses, you can either pursue an advanced degree or can work as a Therapist, Publication Officer, Consultant, etc.
Bachelor in Naturopathy and Yogic Sciences
Another addition to our list of Naturopathy courses is the BNYS course. Encompassing the elements of natural medicine and therapeutic Yoga, this program imparts extensive knowledge in areas like Nutrition Therapy, Childbirth, Principles of Hydrotherapy, Types of Yoga, etc. Upon completion of this program, you can find employment opportunities as a Yoga Instructor, Medical Consultant, Naturopath, etc.
N.D in Naturopathic Medicine
A 4 year long program, Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine is an emerging Naturopathic course that encompasses the elements of Biology along with Genomic Science and Molecular Biology. As a ND holder, you will act as a Primary Care Physician and will work towards diagnosing and treating diseases and serious ailments. Moreover, you can choose an elective in order to specialise in areas like:
- Integrative Medicine
- Global Health
- Generative Medicine
- Lifestyle Counselling, etc.
Post Graduate Diploma in Naturopathy
Training you in applying scientific, pseudo-scientific, and yogic practices of healing, the PGDM program is one of the most sought after Naturopathy courses. Running for a period of 1 year, you will learn about various facets of the field through clinical case studies and research practices.
MSc Yoga and Naturopathy
If you are exploring courses after BSc in the field of Naturopathy, then this is one of the most suitable programs for you! Running for a period of 2 years, this course provides a holistic understanding of principles and techniques related to Yogic and Naturopathic sciences. Physiology, Anatomy, Modern Dietetics, Yog Sutras, etc are some of the subjects you will be taught in this Naturopathy course.
Naturopathy Couse Syllabus
When it comes to the course curriculum and structure, it is imperative to know that it can vary from one university and education level to another. However, there are some subjects common to almost all Naturopathy courses and they have been given a rundown below:
Human Anatomy is the scientific study of the structure of the human body. It observes physical attributes and procured injuries of a human body with the help of different scientific methods and technologies. Naturopathy courses provide students with a basic knowledge of Human Anatomy that helps them in observing body dysfunctionalities and disorders and provide suitable natural healing procedures.
Immunology is the study of the immune system of living organisms. This discipline includes all physical, chemical and biological reactions of living organisms against any foreign substances. Naturopathy courses comprise a wide range of immunity measures such as innate, adaptive and co-related that can assist in healing bodily injuries and disorders.
Human Physiology is a scientific study that combines Chemistry and Physics to analyse the physical attributes of the human body. It examines internal conditions along with how the environment impacts living organisms and their functioning. It is carried out with the help of observational methods, scientific techniques such as microscopic exercise for internal examination. Naturopathy courses include various laboratory experiments to understand the functioning of the human body and analyses the chemical compounds that help in the strengthening of the human body.
Eligibility to Pursue Naturopathy Courses
Those who want to pursue a Naturopathy course must meet the following eligibility criteria:
- Completed class XII from a recognised board
- Must have studied related subjects such as Physics, Biology and Chemistry in class XII
- Must be a graduate in Science from a recognised university to pursue a PG course in Naturopathy
Top Naturopathy Courses in India
In India, you can find the below-mentioned courses easily-
- DNYS Course by MRVAIB Enterprises (OPC) Pvt. Ltd
- Yoga And Naturopathy Course by Jivan Shakti
- Naturopathy Course by Body Mind Soul Healing Training & Research
- Diploma In Naturopathy And Yoga Science Course by Adarsh Paramedical Institute
- Naturopathy Course by Naturopathy & Yoga Paramedical College
- Naturopathy Course by Maharshi Mehi Homeopathic Medical College And Hospital
- Naturopathy & Yoga by A.d.n. Institute Of Paramedical Sciences & Hospitals
- D.N.Y.S. by Alternative Medical Institute
- M.D.(Naturopathy) by Board Of Naturopathy And Yoga Systems Of India
- Diploma In Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences by Acupressure Acupuncture & Alternative Medicine
Top Naturopathy Courses Abroad
As Naturopathy is gaining eminence in the field of Healthcare, numerous medical colleges are offering an array of programs in this specialised field of Alternative Medicine abroad. Here is a list of naturopathy courses and major global universities offering them:
|Bachelor of Health Science – Naturopathy
|University of Bridgeport
|N.D. in Naturopathic Medicine
|Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine
|National Univerity of Natural Medicine
|Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine
|National College of Natural Medicine
|BSc in Integrative Health Sciences or Nutrition
Best Naturopathy Courses Online
For those who cannot pursue a full-time Naturopathy course, here is a list of online courses for the same from which you can choose the one as per your needs-
- Fully Accredited Certificate in Natural Medicine & Herbalism by Udemy
- Herbalism: How to Create Tinctures, Salves, and Poultices by Udemy
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine Advanced Diploma by Udemy
- Doctor of Natural Medicine by Udemy
- Consultations 101: Flower Remedies by Udemy
- Using Food as Medicine by Udemy
- How to Clear Depression Using Traditional Chinese Medicine by Udemy
- Natural Herbal Medicine for Uterine Fibroids, Menopause by Udemy
Naturopathy Courses Fees
Your average fees for pursuing any of the Naturopathy courses completely depends on the university you choose along with the destination. If you go for studying these courses abroad, the average tuition fee will be around INR 15,00,000- 25,00,000. On the other hand, in India, you can complete these courses in a budget of around INR 3-5,00,00.
A diploma in Naturopathy course lasts around 1 year, UG course is of 3-4 years and PG courses last for 1-2 years.
Here is a list of colleges offering this course in India-
Govt. Naturopathic Medical College
S.D.M. College of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences,
JSS Institute of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences, Mysore
T.N. College of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences
Govt. Naturopathy & Yoga Medical College & Hospital
Mahavir College of Naturopathy & Yogic Sciences
NEET is required for all medical courses like MBBS, BDS, BAMS, BHMS and AYUSH(Ayurvedha, Yoga, Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homeopathy.
Thus, we hope that this blog on naturopathy courses helped you understand the key essentials of this field and its encompassing disciplines. If you’re planning to pursue Naturopathy, you can reach out to our experts at Leverage Edu and we’ll guide you in finding the right course and university that helps you venture into the world of Alternative Medicine with the help of our AI Course Finder.