Mechanical engineering is an interdisciplinary degree that teaches students how to use analysis and computer-aided design to create or enhance mechanical and thermal equipment. Engineering schools teach students how to develop new processes and products by teaching and how to solve problems ranging from minor component designs to enormously huge plants, machinery, or vehicles. The United Kingdom is home to some of the finest mechanical engineering universities and courses in the world. Let’s explore why you should pursue mechanical engineering in UK with top universities, courses and much more!
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study Mechanical Engineering in the UK?
- About Mechanical Engineering in UK
- Eligibility for Mechanical Engineering in UK
- Popular Mechanical Engineering Courses in UK
- Top UK Universities for Mechanical Engineering
- UK Universities for Mechanical Engineering with Placements
- Jobs After Mechanical Engineering in UK
Why Study Mechanical Engineering in the UK?
- University of Bath, University of Leeds, Imperial College of Lond are among the top 50 universities in the world that offer mechanical engineering courses.
- Within six months of graduating with a mechanical engineering degree, more than 70% of students are hired.
- Around 60% of the graduates who were hired worked in engineering and construction.
- The unemployment rate in the UK is about 3.8 % which means finding work and internships is relatively easy as compared to other countries.
- The acceptance rate for Visa is around 90.08 % which is a decent number. This shows that landing in the United Kingdom is significantly easier than arriving in the United States or other countries.
Also Read: Journalism Courses in UK
About Mechanical Engineering in UK
Mechanical engineering, dubbed “the mother of all engineering disciplines,” is one of the most popular undergraduate choices in the UK and abroad. The discipline employs engineering, physics, engineering mathematics, and materials science principles to consistently and reliably design, operate, analyze, create, and repair industrial systems. The course will offer a 21st-century engineer with the fundamental and advanced engineering knowledge as well as the hands-on skill set required to solve technical complex issues using a multidisciplinary, inventive, and strategic approach. This course is designed for students from both the United States and abroad, with a focus on professionals working in general engineering and technical/management fields, as well as those who want to work in these fields.
Eligibility for Mechanical Engineering in UK
You can study mechanical engineering in UK at the undergraduate and postgraduate levels. Every university has different eligibility criteria based on course and specialisation. Here are some of the common eligibility requirements for mechanical engineering in UK:
- A-level: Grades AAA in Mathematics, Physics, and one other subject.
- GCSE: Applicants must show that they have a comprehensive general education, which includes:
- Five GCSEs/IGCSE at Grades A*-C or 9-4.
- International Baccalaureate:35 points overall with 6,6,5 in Higher Level subjects.
- The course-specific requirements are 35 points overall with 6, 6, 5 at a Higher Level in Mathematics, Physics, and one other subject.
- English language: All applicants to the University (from the United Kingdom and abroad) must demonstrate English language proficiency. The following is the minimal English language requirement for this course:
- GCSE/IGCSE English Language grade C/4, or;
- IELTS 6.0 overall with no sub-test below 5.5 or equivalent or;
- An acceptable equivalent qualification.
- Equivalent Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of 65% from any recognized institutes.
- You must have an excellent command of the English language, with average scores of:
- Good knowledge of mathematics is required, especially topics including algebra, complex mathematics, geometry, trigonometry.
- Curriculum Vitae/Resume.
- Recommendation letter. Most universities require a minimum of two letters of recommendation. Professional LORs are always preferable over academic LORs.
Also Read: Master of Architecture in UK
Popular Mechanical Engineering Courses in UK
|BEng Mechanical Engineering||MSc Engineering with Management|
|BEng Mechanical and Electrical Engineering||MSc Nuclear Science and Engineering|
|BEng Engineering Design with Study in Industry||MSc Advanced Composites|
|BEng Mechanical Engineering with a Year in Industry||MSc Robotics|
Top UK Universities for Mechanical Engineering
Wondering how you can be a part of top-ranked universities offering mechanical engineering in UK? Attend the Uniconnect Virtual Fair by Leverage Edu and get a chance to directly apply to your dream university with us. Register Now!
|University||QS World University Rankings 2021|
|University Of Cambridge||3|
|Imperial College London||7|
|University Of Manchester||27|
|University Of Bristol||62|
|University Of Glasgow||73|
|University Of Southampton||77|
|University Of Leeds||92|
|University Of Bath||166|
|University Of Liverpool||189|
UK Universities for Mechanical Engineering with Placements
Did you know there are many universities in UK that offer mechanical engineering with campus placements? Check out the list of top UK universities for mechanical engineering with placements:
- Swansea University
- Glasgow Caledonian University
- University of Central Lancashire
- Queen’s University Belfast
- University of Strathclyde
- Bournemouth University
- Coventry University
- De Montfort University
- University of Huddersfield
- Staffordshire University
Also Read: Two-Year MBA Programs in UK
Jobs After Mechanical Engineering in UK
Students have a variety of possibilities after completing their mechanical engineering degree in the UK. Jaguar Land Rover, Babcock Marine, BAE Systems Inc., Dyson, Cobham PLC, Siemens, and others are among the top recruiters. The following are some of the most common designations for mechanical engineering graduates along with their average pay scales:
|Designation||Average Salary(in GBP/Year)|
|Automotive Assembler||65,000(6,540,105 INR)|
|Diesel Engine Specialist||67,200(6,761,462 INR)|
|Automotive Project Engineer||89,500(9,005,221 INR)|
|Aerospace Technician||110,000(11,067,870 INR)|
|Aerospace Engineer||129,000(12,979,593 INR)|
|Mechanical Design Engineer||121,000(12,174,657 INR)|
|Mechanical Engineer||114,000(11,470,338 INR)|
|Mechanical Inspector||113,000(11,369,721 INR)|
Are you planning to study mechanical engineering in UK? Our experts at Leverage Edu will help you from application to Visa process. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book your FREE 30-minute counselling session today!