The prestigious University of Delhi offers an array of Masters of Business Administration (MBA) courses to students, the curriculum of which transform them into world-class professionals with a firm understanding of the business world. A post-graduate level degree program running for a period of 2 years, there are a variety of specializations available under the MBA courses in India. By enrolling under one of the top-notch universities in the world, the students can get a wide range of opportunities with global exposure. As compared to the other private institutions, persuing MBA in Delhi University is the best option to chose as it provides the perfect platform to learn and grow through affordable, quality education. If you are planning to study the course from Delhi University then this blog will provide an insight into the program.
This Blog Includes:
- MBA in Delhi University Highlights
- MBA in Delhi University: Overview
- Top MBA Colleges in Delhi University
- MBA in Delhi University: Eligibility Criteria
- Delhi University MBA Fees
- Delhi University MBA Admission 2021
MBA in Delhi University Highlights
|Offered By||Delhi University|
|Eligibility Criteria||Graduation in any field|
|Admission Process||Merit + Entrance Exam|
|Fees||INR 10,000 to INR 50,000|
MBA in Delhi University: Overview
Delhi University, which consists of an array of colleges offering numerous courses has etched its name globally in imparting quality education. Apart from the conventional Bachelors of Arts, BCom, Bachelor of Science, etc, the university is also known for offering postgraduation programs like MCom, MTech, MBA, etc. As far as the MBA courses are concerned, these programs are offered by different departments spread across the university. Listed below are the most popular MBA in Delhi University programs which one can explore:
- MBA (Business Economics): With an aim to equip the students with the requisite skills, the candidates through this specialization course are made familiar with the core concepts like brand management, business analytics, business consulting, insurance and banking, risk management, supply chain management, market research, etc. Offered by the Department of Business Economics(DBE), the students will be required to attend a 6 weeks training in a renowned organization.
- MBA (Financial Management): Offered by the Department of Financial Studies, the students get a thorough knowledge about the principles related to corporate finance, commodity markets, financial consulting, equity research, wealth management, core banking and insurance, etc. Candidates willing to gain in-depth knowledge of these topics can opt for this MBA in Delhi University.
Also Read: Top MBA Colleges in India
- MBA (International Business): The curriculum of this 2-year specialization program taught at DSE is devised keeping in mind the up-coming advancements in the business world. The program help individuals turn into contemporary professional leaders through a study of topics like international business environment, international market research, logistics and supply chain management, etc.
- Executive MBA: The Executive MBA in India has gained a lot of popularity in recent years. This specialization of MBA in Delhi University provides a platform for working professionals to gain advanced knowledge in this field. It is taught in evening classes at the reputed Faculty of Management Studies(FMS), Such professionals who are already working as executives and want to upgrade their job profiles can enroll under the course.
- MBA (Executive Health Care Administration): Under this popular MBA in Delhi University, the students with prior knowledge in the field of health care are trained so as to equip them with management skills to make them professionals under this domain. The course skills the working professionals with the whereabouts of the management attributes.
Check Out: MBA in IITs
Top MBA Colleges in Delhi University
While Delhi University is a famous University in India, only two colleges affiliated to Delhi University offer admission in MBA. Here are the colleges:
- Faculty of Management Studies (FMS Delhi University)
- Department of Financial Studies (DFS Delhi University)
Courses offered by Delhi University
|Course||Offered by||Eligibility Criteria||Admission Requirement|
|MBA in Finance||DFS||Minimum 50% in Class 10+2+3||CAT results + Merit|
|MBA in Business Economics||DFS||Minimum 50% in Class 10+2+3||CAT results + Merit|
|MBA||FMS||Minimum 50% in Class 10+2+3||CAT results + Merit|
|MBA Executive||FMS||Minimum 45% in Class 10+2+3||GAT results + Merit|
|MBA Executive (Healthcare Administration)||FMS||Minimum 45% in Class 10+2+3||GAT results + Merit|
MBA in Delhi University: Eligibility Criteria
To pursue different types of MBA courses, one needs to satisfy certain eligibility criteria. It is important to note that the prerequisites may vary from one university to another. Listed below are the admission requirements for pursuing MBA in Delhi University:
To secure admission in MBA in Delhi University, students have to fulfill some essential criteria like minimum schooling of 10+2 from a recognized school, a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from the University of Delhi or any recognized university with at least 50% marks. Along with this, it is mandatory for students to have either Maths or Business in class 12th. Also, the candidates appearing in the final year of their bachelor degree in 2020 can also register for the course. The major criteria of admission are the CAT (Common Aptitude Test) scores of the latest year.
Certain prerequisites are different for the non-native students to get admissions in the MBA courses. They need to have the usual qualification of 10+2+3. Apart from this, the candidates also have to qualify language proficiency tests like ILETS, TOEFL and have to appear for any one of the following: GMAT, CAT, XAT, MAT to secure a seat in MBA in Delhi University.
- It is compulsory for the students to possess the formal schooling of twelve years along with a three years bachelor’s degree in any field with a minimum of 45% marks or equivalent.
- They should have a minimum of 5 years of work experience in the government/ commercial sector as an executive or an administrator after their bachelor’s degree.
- The candidates should possess a ‘No Objection Certificate’ from the present organization or they should be sponsored by the firm.
Executive Health Care Administration
Just like the Executive MBA, it is necessary for the students to have work experience and a NOC to pursue this MBA in Delhi University. Apart from this, candidates must also have a bachelor’s degree like MBBS, BDS, Biotechnology, Genomics, Nursing, Bioengineering, pharmacology, Anthropology, etc.
Delhi University MBA Fees
DU has some of the lowest fees for all the courses in the country. Similarly for MBA, Delhi Uuniversity offers a very affordable price for MBA. Here is the tuition fee for DU in MBA:
|Course||Annual Tuition Fees|
|MBA Full Time||INR 10,480|
|MBA Executive||INR 25,000|
|Course||Annual Tuition Fees|
|MBA- Any speciality||INR 26,000|
Delhi University MBA Admission 2021
Getting admission in any of the Delhi University MBA programs is not easy. However, it gets even more tough because of its affordable MBA program. So, you need to be very cautious about your application.
For admission in FMS, you need to follow this procedure:
- Fill the application form for FMS. You can fill the form for MBA Executive till 15th March 2021. Forms for MBA full-time are closed for 2021.
- The registration fees for MBa is INR 1500
- Your selection will be based on your merit, CAT exam and interview. Here is the weightage for each category:
- CAT 2019 Score – 60%
- Marks obtained in Class X – 5%
- Marks obtained in Class XII – 5%
- Group Discussion – 10%
- Extempore – 5%
- Personal Interview – 15%
- An additional 3% relaxation is given to female candidates
There are additional relaxations for different categories:
Here is the admission process for DFS:
- Fill the application for DFS. The application is closed for the year 2021.
- Check your eligibility for the exam.
- Following courses will get extra weightage:
- B. Com. (Hons.)
- B. A. (Hons.) (Economics)
- B. A. (Hons.) (Business Economics)
- BFIA/BBA (FIA)
- You will be then shortlisted for Group Discussion/ Personal Interview
- The selection criteria for GD/ Interview is based on the weightage to following requirements:
- CAT- 70%
- Class 10th – 10%
- Class 12- 7.5%
- Marks obtained in Maths/ Business Mathematics- 2.5%
- Female Candidates receive relaxation of 5%
- 5% weightage to above mentioned degrees
- After completion of interview and GD, your final result will declared on the basis of this weightage:
- CAT- 57.5%
- Marks in Class 10th- 5%
- Marks obtained in Class 12th- 5%
- GD- 7.5%
- Interview- 5%
- Female Candidates receive relaxation of 2.5%
- Candidates with above mentioned degrees- 2.5%
- There is no separate weightage for work experience
Also Read: How to Tackle ‘Why MBA’ Interview Question?
Thus, pursuing MBA in Delhi University can open the doors to a multitude of career opportunities. On completion of the degree program, you can either start your professional career or can enroll for a PhD course. If you want to study an MBA or Doctorate program abroad but are not sure about the university then take the assistance of Leverage Edu‘s AI-tool which will curate a list of suitable institutes based on your interest and professional goals.