The application of Artificial Intelligence or AI is transforming the way companies do their business. The algorithms learn from large amounts of data and predict similar patterns on a smaller scale. To simplify this process into layman’s terms, algorithms are learning and adapting through experiences to produce reliable decisions. Due to its very nature, Machine Learning is interconnected to statistical computing. Masters in Machine Learning and Masters of Science in Data Science are being pursued by over 75% of the people currently working in the technology industry or in the IT sector. In this blog, we shall be telling you all about this newly emerging field of Masters in Machine Learning.
This Blog Includes:
Overview of Masters in Machine Learning
Machine learning is a computer science subfield, but it is also referred to as predictive analytics or predictive modelling as well. Its aim and use is to create new and/or exploit existing data learning algorithms to create generalizable models that provide accurate predictions or to find patterns, especially with new and unseen similar data.
The field requires in-depth knowledge and understanding of mechanical methods, technological methods, and data processes. Machine learning is becoming an important aspect for industries to grow by analyzing big data for effective execution in business and management. Masters in Machine Learning comprises of various disciplines in computer science.
A Masters in Machine Learning allows students to choose a particular field of interest. Specialization in a specific field helps students grow and develop skills to curate technology according to the needs of the times. A Masters in Machine Learning helps in developing analytical skills, data programming (which is useful to go into the field of Artificial Intelligence), business advancement and general statistical computing.
Why Should You Consider Pursuing A Masters In Machine Learning?
- As of now, Machine Learning is still evolving in the industry. Pursuing a Master’s degree in Machine Learning can give your career a better shape by differentiating you from the rest of the candidates in the field.
- Having a Master’s degree in Machine Learning can provide a different identity in the job market, which can help you stand in a league of your own.
- A Masters in Machine Learning comprises of various new data techniques and theories that can help you solve difficult technical challenges and innovate through problems in cutting-edge technology.
- The course provides you with the knowledge of both engineering and computer science, which can help you find opportunities in both industries, pushing the horizon of where your career can go.
- Many popular employers like Google, Facebook, Apple, etc look for candidates holding a degree in Machine Learning.
Masters in Machine Learning Curriculum
With advanced studies in the field of Machine Learning, the Masters of Machine Learning program provides students with a Bachelor’s degree an opportunity to enhance their present knowledge and training in machine learning. Universities around the world commonly agree that new students must have good analytical skills and sound mathematics, statistics, and programming skills. The curriculum, while not exactly the same, is usually almost similar. Typically, it involves core courses and other optional subjects such as:
- Techniques, theory, and methods of Machine Learning
- Large Datasets of Machine Learning
- Multimodal Machine Learning
- NLP’s Neural Networks
- Graphical Probabilistic Models
- Probability & Statistics in Mathematics
- Study of Regression
- Advanced-Data Mining
- Advanced Introduction to Machine Learning
- Algorithms in the Real World
- Algorithms for Natural Language Processing
- Convex Optimization
- Data Structures and Data Analysis
- Deep Reinforcement Learning
The Field of Machine Learning
Machine Learning is a vast discipline comprising of different studies. The most important fields relating to Machine Learning are:
- Artificial Intelligence is one of the most important fields to concentrate on Machine Learning. It is the theory of developing computer technologies in such a way that they can adapt or perform tasks normally reserved for a human brain, giving the impression that the machine is “thinking” or “learning”. It is also a program which is used to make machines self-sufficient.
- Mathematical optimization is one of the most essential parts of Machine Learning. In Machine Learning, predictions are being made on the basis of available data. Mathematical optimization is used to optimize an appropriate algorithm to deliver that data.
- Machine Learning and Data mining share a methodology. Machine Learning comprises of all available data, whereas data mining focuses on unknown aspects of that available data. Machine Learning uses this to extract all the useful data.
- Statistical computing is a connection between computer science and statistics. Machine Learning uses statistical computing heavily for their two models: the data model and the algorithmic model.
Eligibility Criteria for Studying Masters in Machine Learning
- Candidates who wish to pursue a Masters in Machine Learning are required to obtain a minimum aggregate of 50% in Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Engineering, or a Bachelor of Technology from a recognized University.
- Candidates who wish to pursue a Masters in Machine Learning are required to study Mathematics as one of the main subjects during their graduation.
- Candidates who are still in college and waiting for the final results can also apply for the Master’s program in Machine learning.
- Candidates applying for Masters in Machine Learning are required to qualify Language proficiency tests like IELTS with a minimum score of 7.0.
- Candidates applying for Masters in Machine Learning are required to submit a Letter of Recommendation from a college professor or previous employer. Although these criteria are only followed by some universities.
- Candidates should submit an updated CV along with the detailed work experiences to support the application form.
List of Universities offering Masters in Machine Learning
|Carnegie Mellon University||USA, Pennsylvania||Master of Science in Machine Learning||1 to 2 years|
|University of California Berkeley||USA, California||Masters in Data ScienceMasters in EECS||1 to 2 years|
|National University of Singapore||Singapore||MSc in Data Science & Machine Learning||12 and 24 months for a full-time program
24 to 48 months on a part-time basis
|Mohamed bin Zayed University of Artificial Intelligence||Abu Dhabi, UAE||Master’s of Science in Machine Learning||2 years|
|University of Limerick||Limerick, Ireland||MSc in Artificial Intelligence & Machine Learning||1 to 2 years|
|Linkoping University||Linköping, Sweden||MSc in Statistics and Machine Learning||4 semesters|
|KTH Royal Institute of Technology||Stockholm, Sweden||Master in Machine Learning||2 years|
|University of Nottingham||Nottingham, United Kingdom||MSc in Machine Learning in Science||1 to 2 years|
|Southern Federal University||Rostov-on-Don, Russia||MSc Financial Mathematics and Machine Learning||2 years|
|Massachusetts Institute of Technology||Massachusetts, USA||Master of Science in EECS||2 to 3 years|
|Cornell University||New York, USA||Masters in Computer Science and Machine Learning||2 years|
|Georgia Institute of Technology||Georgia, USA||Masters in Computer Science||1 to 2 years|
|University of Washington||Washington, USA||Masters in Computer Science
Master of Science in Data Science.
|1 to 2 years|
|Columbia University||New York, USA||Master of Science in Computer Science||2 to 3 years|
|Tampere University||Tampere, Finland||Master’s Degree Programme in Computing Science – Machine Learning||2 years|
Choosing your dream course in dream university comes with extreme pressure and stress. Preparing with your application can make you anxious. We at Leverage Edu make your journey easy by our efficient guidance and support, which starts with finding the course and lasts throughout the rest of the process. Get in touch with us at +91-8826200293 and kick start your career today.