The application of Artificial Intelligence is transforming the way companies do their business. The algorithms learn from large amounts of data and predict similar patterns on a smaller scale. To simplify this process into layman’s terms, algorithms are learning and adapting through experiences to produce reliable decisions. Due to its very nature, Machine Learning is interconnected to statistical computing. Masters in Machine Learning and Masters of Science in Data Science are being pursued by over 75% of the people currently working in the technology industry.
The field requires in-depth knowledge and understanding of mechanical methods, technological methods, and data processes. Machine learning is becoming an important aspect for industries to grow by analyzing big data for effective execution in business and management.
Masters in Machine Learning comprises of various disciplines in computer science. A Masters in Machine Learning allows students to choose a particular field of interest. Specialization in a specific field helps students grow and develop skills to curate technology according to the needs of the times. A Masters in Machine Learning helps in developing analytical skills, data programming (which is useful to go into the field of Artificial Intelligence), business advancement and general statistical computing.
The Field of Machine Learning
Machine Learning is a vast discipline comprising of different studies. The most important fields relating to Machine Learning are:
- Artificial Intelligence
Artificial Intelligence is one of the most important fields to concentrate on Machine Learning. It is the theory of developing computer technologies in such a way that they can adapt or perform tasks normally reserved for a human brain, giving the impression that the machine is “thinking” or “learning”. It is also a program which is used to make machines self-sufficient.
- Mathematical Optimization
Mathematical optimization is one of the most essential parts of Machine Learning. In Machine Learning, predictions are being made on the basis of available data. Mathematical optimization is used to optimize an appropriate algorithm to deliver that data.
- Data Mining
Machine Learning and Data mining share a methodology. Machine Learning comprises of all available data, whereas data mining focuses on unknown aspects of that available data. Machine Learning uses this to extract all the useful data.
- Statistical Computing
Statistical computing is a connection between computer science and statistics. Machine Learning uses statistical computing heavily for their two models: the data model and the algorithmic model.
Why Should You Consider Pursuing A Masters In Machine Learning?
- As of now, Machine Learning is still evolving in the industry. Pursuing a Master’s degree in Machine Learning can give your career a better shape by differentiating you from the rest of the candidates in the field.
- Having a Master’s degree in Machine Learning can provide a different identity in the job market, which can help you stand in a league of your own.
- A Masters in Machine Learning comprises of various new data techniques and theories that can help you solve difficult technical challenges and innovate through problems in cutting-edge technology.
- The course provides you with the knowledge of both engineering and computer science, which can help you find opportunities in both industries, pushing the horizon of where your career can go.
- Many popular employers like Google, Facebook, Apple, etc look for candidates holding a degree in Machine Learning.
List of Universities offering Masters in Machine Learning
- University of Washington
A Masters in Data Science includes Machine Learning and Computer Science. It teaches students to design, enhance and visualize large amounts of heterogeneous data. The University of Washington comprises scholars from around the world who teach mathematics, computer analytics, programming, and communications. This program is designed for working professionals who can enroll for part-time courses that won’t interfere with their job and vice-versa.
- Columbia University, New York
The University offers both part-time and full-time Master’s programs in Data Science, which includes Machine Learning and business analytics. The department also offers online certificate courses in data science.
- Stanford University, California
The department of Statistics and Institute for Computational and Mathematical Engineering offers a Masters in Data Science course which also includes Machine Learning, Mathematical Optimization, and Data Programming.
- New York University, New York
Students from strong mathematical and programming background can pursue a Master of Science degree in Data Science. The course includes data analytics and Machine Learning as a core subject in the discipline.
- Georgia Tech, Georgia
A Masters of Science in Analytical Programming is designed to strengthen the skills of students in Operations, Research, Business, and Statistics. One of the interesting features includes its placement assistance and the opportunities it offers for networking in the Data Industry.
- Carnegie Mellon University, Pennsylvania
The Machine Learning department offers three courses:
- Masters of Science in Machine Learning with emphasis on Data Mining
- Secondary Masters in Machine Learning which is only applicable to Ph.D. students.
- Fifth-year Masters in Machine Learning for undergraduate students.
- Texas A&M University, Texas
The Department of Analytics offers a Master of Science degree in Analytics. The course is designed for working professionals with constructive quantitative skills.
Eligibility Criteria for Studying Masters in Machine Learning
- Candidates who wish to pursue a Masters in Machine Learning are required to obtain a minimum aggregate of 50% in Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Engineering, or a Bachelor of Technology from a recognized University.
- Candidates who wish to pursue a Masters in Machine Learning are required to study Mathematics as one of the main subjects during their graduation.
- Candidates who are still in college and waiting for the final results can also apply for the Master’s program in Machine learning.
- Candidates applying for Masters in Machine Learning are required to qualify Language proficiency tests like IELTS with a minimum score of 7.0.
- Candidates applying for Masters in Machine Learning are required to submit a Letter of Recommendation from a college professor or previous employer. Although these criteria are only followed by some universities.
- Candidates should submit an updated CV along with the detailed work experiences to support the application form.
Choosing your dream course in dream university comes with extreme pressure and stress. Preparing with your application can make you anxious. We at Leverage Edu make your journey easy by our efficient guidance and support, which starts with finding the course and lasts throughout the rest of the process. Get in touch with us at +91-8826200293 and kick start your career today.