With more than 1.3 billion people living in the country, and a majority of them being the youth, India is witnessing an exponential rise in the demand for jobs every day. To counter this demand, the central and state governments in India, over the years, have established their own recruitment exams and procedures. A good example is JKSSB exams conducted by the government of Jammu and Kashmir. The youth of the region look up to it as one of the best platforms to score a job in diverse sectors. Through this comprehensive blog, try to understand the JKSSB exams and its contents in depth. So pull up your socks and let’s get started!
This Blog Includes:
What is JKSSB?
JKSSB is an acronym for Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Board. This board was formally constituted through the exercise of different powers which were granted by the Provision of Section 124 of the erstwhile constitution of Jammu and Kashmir. It came into being in the year 2010. JKSSB is responsible for the recruitment of suitable aspirants for various government services. This is done via eligibility examinations.
JKSSB Exams: Job Opportunities
Throughout the year, JKSSB conducts exams for various posts as an integral part of its recruitment process across the breadth and length of Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir. JKSSB recently put out an advertisement inviting applications from interested candidates for different vacancies to be filled. They include a total of 1889 vacancies for the post of Accounts Assistant – Panchayat, which is required for the Department of Rural Development and Panchayati Raj. The notification has also been issued for District, Divisional and union territory Cadre, class 4th posts in various departments. The total number of vacancies available for class 4th is 8575. Details for both are listed below separately for your convenience.
Division of Class IV Posts
|Posts based on Union Territory and Division Cadre||Number of Vacancies|
Here is the latest release of the number of vacancies according to districts:
JKSSB Exams Accounts Assistant
Let’s now see the district wise break up of different posts for Accounts Assistant (Panchayat):
|District||Number of Vacancies|
Those who are interested in applying for the vacancies notified above must ensure that they make themselves well-versed for the eligibility criteria and strictly follow all the points and requirements before filling the application form for JKSSB exams. For this matter, we are bringing together the different requirements you have to meet for both the job options:
Criteria for JKSSB Class IV Posts
- Those who are applying for Class IV posts are eligible only if they have qualified their matriculation exams. The bar on maximum qualification for class IV posts is capped at class 12.
- The applicants should make sure that they come under the category of Domicile of J&K. Recently, the Ministry of Home Affairs has laid down new rules for it.
Criteria for JKSSB Accounts Assistant Posts
- Interested candidates who want to apply for this post should acquire a minimum of 50 per cent marks for the open merit category and the requirement for the candidate from the reserved category is set at a minimum of 45 per cent in the graduate degree of any stream.
- If applicants have completed their master’s degree with a minimum of 50 per cent in aggregate or the candidate possesses a doctorate shall also be eligible for applying.
- Before applying all candidates should ensure they have a Domicile certificate issued by the government of Union Territory of J&K as per the norms of Home Ministry of India.
If you’re certain that you meet every requirement only then you should proceed further towards the next step, whereby you have to carefully fill the details in your application form so that you’re able to enter the examination hall. Process for different vacancies is more or less the same. Here is the admission process:
- First, register on the website portal that is provided on the candidate registration link. Check the website for further clarification.
- Before applying, work out all the necessities. Make sure you have a functional email address to create your credentials. A working mobile number is also needed for receiving further information in this regard.
- After you’re done with all this you can login into your student ID on the JKSSB website.
- After you have logged in look for the section where you can apply for the job vacancy.
- Click on the link and upload the latest photograph you have and also the signature in the mentioned size. Ensure you fill the box and details listed in the application form.
While you are applying for JKSSB exams, you are recommended to first go through its syllabus to familiarize and prepare yourself for the upcoming examination. Here is the detailed version of the syllabus for the post of Accounts Assistant:
|General Knowledge With Special Reference to Jammu and Kashmir||Popular Names of Personalities: Religion, Politics, Scientific discoveries, Geographical, Sports, History. Constitution of India: Formation, Fundamental rights, Directive principles, 73rd Amendment of the Constitution of India, Centrally Sponsored Schemes- Guidelines and Objectives, Important Tourist Destinations, History of J&K- Places and their Importance, Sustainable Development Goal, Agriculture in Economic Development, Industrialization, and Economic Development, Panchayati Raj Act, 1989 (as amended up to October 2018) and rules, Climate and Crops in J&K and India, Current Events of Local, National and International importance.|
|Mathematics and Statistics||Theory of Probability, Tabulation and Compilation of Data, Methods of Collecting Primary and Secondary Data, Theory of Attributes: Basic Concepts and their Applications, Sampling and Non-Sampling Errors, Analysis of Time Series Components, Demography: Census, Its Feature and Functions, Vital Statistics: Measures of Fertility, Measures of Mortality, Specific Fertility Rates, Gross and Net Reproduction Rates, Set Theory: Basic Concepts and Applications, Matrices and Determinants, Simultaneous Linear Equations, Analytical Geometry.|
|General Economics||Introduction of Economics: Basic Concepts and Principles, Gross Domestic Product & Budgeting Including own Resource Generation & Budgeting for Panchayat, Fiscal Policy: Meaning, Scope & Methodology, Growth & Development: Meaning, Scope, Difference and Relevance, Inflation: Meaning, Types and Effects/ Production, Cost & efficiency, Factors of Production and Laws, Demand Analysis, Theory of Consumers Demands, Pricing Under Various Forms of Markets, Concept of Gram Panchayat Development Plan.|
|Computer Applications||Introduction & Objectives, Basic Applications of Computer and its Components, Fundamentals of Computer Science, Hardware and Software, Concept of Open Source Technologies, Input and Output Devices, Knowledge of MS Word, MS Excel, MS Access, MS Powerpoint, PDF Internet & E-mail, Concept of Computer Virus & Latest Anti-virus, Terms and Abbreviations used in IT.|
|Accountancy and Bookkeeping||Introduction to Financial Accounting, Accounting Equation & Journal, Voucher Approach in Accounting, Bank Reconciliation Statement, Financial Management & Statements, Partnership Accounts, Ledger Accounts, Cash Book, Financial Audit, Elements of Double Entry Book Keeping Rules for Journal of Trial Balance Trading, Profit & Loss Account, Balance Sheet, Concepts of Social Accounting, Social Audit & Cash-Based Single Entry System of Accounting, Public Financial Management System.|
|Sciences||In Biology: Important Inventions & their Inventors/ Important Facts about Human Body Parts/ Nutrition in Animals & Plants/ Diseases & their Causes/ Viruses & Protozoa.
In Chemistry: Chemical Properties of different Substances & Uses/ Chemical Names of Important Substances, such as POP/ Chemical Change & Physical Change/ Properties of Gases/ Surface Chemistry/ Chemistry for Everyday life.
In Physics: Important Inventions, Names of the Inventors/ S.I Units/ Motion/ Sound/ Light/ Wave/ Energy/ Electricity.
Subject Wise Marks Distribution
For the applicants, who don’t have much time to study every subject, it is important to understand the marks each subject carries in JKSSB exams for Accounts Assistant to make certain the focus remains on core subjects.
|General Knowledge With Special Reference to Jammu and Kashmir||30|
|Mathematics and Statistics||10|
|Accountancy and Bookkeeping||30|
Syllabus for JKSSB Class IV Posts Exam
Those applying for the Class IV vacancies are recommended to go through this syllabus once so that they can acquaint themselves with the subjects before sitting in the exams.
|English||Questions on Articles/ Antonyms and Synonyms/ Prepositions/ Verbs/ Reading Comprehension/ Determiners/ Spellings/ Sentence Formation.|
|Basic Reasoning||Analogies/ Relationship Concepts/ Odd One Out/ Figure Series/ Venn Diagram/ Questions on Number Series/ Coding and decoding.|
|Basic Mathematics||Percentages/ Averages/ Time, Work and Distance/ Ratios and Proportion/ Probability/ LCM/ HCF, Questions on Mensuration.|
|General Knowledge and Science||States and Capitals/ Sports/ Indian History/ Geography/ Basic Science/ Health/ Hygiene and Sanitation/ History/ Culture & Geography of J&K.|
JKSSB Exam Pattern
Exam questions doubtless will not be similar for both exams. They will vary according to the posts’ requirement and the difficulty level will be set accordingly as to determine the candidate required knowledge and aptitude of the students. The pattern of examination will also be different. Below are the details, as to how the pattern of papers will be. Details of pattern for Accounts Assistant and Class IV posts have been put in different sections.
Exam Pattern for Class IV Post
|Question Type||Paper Type||Marks||Negative Marking||Paper Language|
|Multiple Type Questions||OMR||100||0.25/ Question||English|
Exam Pattern for Accounts Assistant
|Question Type||Marks||Negative Marking||Duration|
|Multiple Choice Questions||120||0.25/ Question||2 Hours|
|Opening Date of Application||Closing Date of Application|
|10 July 2020||25 August 2020|
JKSSB Exams: Important Tips
Before finally sitting in the examination hall, candidates should ascertain that they have prepared to the best of their abilities. Along with a will to work hard, some handy preparation tips can help you in ensuring optimum output during the exams. We have listed some meticulously designed tips just for you so that you walk out of the examination delighted and hopeful to sail through. Here they are:
- Create a personalised study schedule for yourself that is easy to follow, while devoting ample time to each subject. Ensure that you don’t slack off the schedule.
- Take brief notes of important points from every topic you read. This will significantly increase the efficiency of your revision. In case you forget something, just look it up in your notes.
- If you’re studying in a room or desk, keep your space well organized so that things don’t get lost in the confusing clutter.
- When going for competitive exams, it is essential that you go through previous year papers so that you get the basic idea of the examination.
- If you have friends who are also taking the exam, make study groups with them. That will ensure the exchange of different ideas.
- Make sure to re-check your application details, note down your login ID and password for future and regularly check their website for any updated information. Also, verify your travel route to the exam hall to minimise the chances of last-minute mishaps.
- Pay heed to the rules and instructions before entering the exam hall. Ensure that you are not carrying any objectionable material with yourself.
JKSSB Account Assistant [Latest Update]
Glance through some of the important developments related to the examination mentioned in the tabulated form below:
|Date of Examination||10th November 2020|
|Post name||Account Assistant (Panchayat )|
|Number of Vacancies||1889|
|Admit Card||Released on JKSSB Website|
Exam Pattern/ Marks Scheme
Let’s take a look at the examination pattern and marking scheme for JKSSB Account Assistant:
|Exam||JKSSB Account Assistant|
|Mode of Language||English|
|Negative Marks||0.25 for each wrong marks|
|General Knowledge with special reference to J&K||30|
|Knowledge of Computer Applications||30|
|Accountancy and Bookkeeping||30|
That is all we have for you in this blog regarding JKSSB exams. We have provided a comprehensive and thorough description of everything you needed to know about this topic, without leaving anything for the conjectures. Looking forward to exploring overseas education in top-notch universities? Let our experts at Leverage Edu empower your overseas educational experience. Sign up your free 30 minutes of e-session with the team now!