TBJEE stands for Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination which conducts an examination for admission to Engineering, Agricultural, Veterinary, Fisheries and other popular courses in various institutions across the state. Read this blog to know all about TBJEE 2023, eligibility, application, exams and more!
|Exam Name||TJEE (Tripura Joint Entrance Examination)|
|Conducting Authority||Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination|
|Exam Date||25 April 2023|
|Exam Frequency||Annual Exam|
|Exam Level||State Level|
|Mode of Exam Language||Bengali, English|
|Total no. of exam centers||6|
TBJEE Latest Updates
- From the year 2022, TBJEE will only be conducted in one day with three shifts.
- 30 mandatory questions in each subject.
- For every correct answer, 4 marks are added & for every wrong answer one mark will de be deducted.
- Shift timings
- 1st shift (physics & chemistry) is for 1 hour & 30 minutes.
- 2nd shift (biology) is for 45 minutes
- 3rd shift (mathematics) is for 45 minutes
- Question papers from physics & chemistry will be combined together, and biology & mathematics will be separate question papers.
Also Read: NEET PG
TBJEE is a state-owned regulatory body responsible to conduct entrance examinations in the state for higher education. The main idea to have this body is to reduce the burden on students to fill out forms of different colleges, sit for separate exams and pay the application fees each time they apply for a course. With the establishment of TBJEE on April 7 1989, the entire process of application, examination and selection became more transparent, hassle-free and affordable for both the students and the government.
Tripura Board of Joint Entrance Examination
TBJEE conducts TJEE in three groups, which have been listed below:
- Group A – Engineering and Technology Admission
For candidates interested in pursuing engineering and technology, they must appear for Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics papers of TJEE.
- Group B – Veterinary, Agricultural, Fisheries, Paramedical
For candidates interested in Veterinary, Agricultural, Fisheries, and Paramedical must appear for Physics, Chemistry and Biology papers of TJEE.
- Group C – Other courses
For candidates interested in pursuing other available courses, they must appear for Physics, Chemistry, Biology and Mathematics papers of TJEE.
Also Read: Upcoming Government Exams
TBJEE 2023 Important Dates
Following are the official exam dates for TBJEE 2023:
|Application Release Date||2nd February 2023|
|Last date to apply for the exam||18th February 2023|
|Application correction date||20th to 24th February 2023|
|Admit Card Release Date||17th April 2023|
|TBJEE 2023 Exam Date||25th April 2023|
|Answer Key Available||28th April 2023|
|Revised answer key||1st May 2023|
|Final answer key release date||31st May 2023|
|TBJEE 2023 Result Date||12th June 2023|
|Counseling starts from||20th June 2023|
Before applying for any course, it is recommended to check the eligibility criteria. If a candidate fails to fulfill the eligibility he/she is not allowed to appear for the exam.
- Candidates must be a citizen of India.
- Candidates must be permanent residents of Tripura state or staying for at least 10 years constantly.
- Candidates should have passed from Joint Entrance Examination at the Higher Secondary Examination of Tripura Board of Secondary Education / Central Board of Secondary Education or equivalent examination with relevant or related subjects from the course they want to pursue.
- Candidates of All India Services Officers born in Manipur-Tripura cadre and the children of the employees of State Government posted outside Tripura are eligible for TBJEE
- Candidates not living in Tripura but their parents are in the Government of Tripura / Officer of the Central Government for more than 3 years are also eligible.
Seat Allocation and Metrix for TJEE
Seats are reserved for the following categories as per the rules and norms of the Tripura state:
- Physically Handicapped
- Wards of Ex-servicemen
- Reservation percentage is decided by the state
TBJEE Exam Pattern
TBJEE made some important changes in the year 2021. Here is an updated version of the TBJEE exam pattern. Students appearing for 2023 can refer the pattern mentioned below:
|Type of questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Exam Duration||3 hours|
|Shift Duration||Shift 1 – 90 MinutesShift 2 – 45 MinutesShift 3 – 45 Minutes|
|The total question in TBJEE 2021||120|
|Marking Scheme||4 marks for the correct answer|
|Negative Marking||1 mark for every wrong answer|
|Groups||Group A -Physics, Chemistry and MathematicsGroup B – Physics, Chemistry, and BiologyGroup C – Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology|
Here are all the documents that are required at the time of the application process of TBJEE:
- Scanned copy of photograph & signature.
- Scanned Copy of BPL Certificate/Ration Card*
- Scanned Copy of Caste Certificate*
- PwD Certificate from DDRC*
- Certificate from Rajya Sainik Board*
*Candidates have to submit these documents if they are applicable.
Specifications of Documents Required
|Size||JPEG or JPG||JPEG or JPG|
|Format||100 KB||60 KB||1 MB|
|Dimensions||3.5cm X 4.5cm||3.5cm X 1.5cm||Not applicable|
Check Out – The Top 10 Toughest Exams in India
Candidates can submit the application fee online, via Net Banking and Debit / Credit Card, to complete the application process. The application fee is given below:
|Category||Fee (In INR)|
|All females & BPL (Male & Female)||350|
TBJEE conducts TJEE across Tripura with exam centers at the following locations:
TBJEE Application Process
The application process is open & candidates can apply for the same. Here’s the application process of TBJEE:
- Visit the official website of TBJEE.
- Enter your email address & mobile no.
- You will receive an OTP, after entering that OTP you will receive a reference ID.
- Fill the TBJEE application form, enter your personal information & educational qualifications.
- Upload the required documents (Photograph & signature)
- Select the course you want to select & the university.
- To complete the application process, pay the application fee.
- Take a printout of the application form & payment receipt for future reference.
Points to Remember
- Don’t misplace the reference ID it is used for future reference.
- SC/ST candidates have to upload a caste certificate within 30 dates of registration.
- Candidates will not be able to make changes in the application form after the payment of the application fee.
TBJEE Admit Card
Candidates can download their admit card by following the steps:
- Visit the official website on Tripura JEE.
- Find the link stating “Tripura JEE Admit Card 2023”.
- Enter your registered email id and password along with the verification code.
- Click on “Submit”.
- The admit card will appear on the screen. Download and print the admit card.
TBJEE announces the results of TJEE after successfully conducting the exams on its official site tbjee.nic.in. The candidates can check the results online by logging in using the credentials that are provided at the time of application. After the result declaration, the merit list is released by TBJEE of candidates who are eligible for counselling.
Once the results are declared by TBJEE, the counselling process begins. Candidates are supposed to keep the following documents ready for counselling:
- Admit Card of 10th and 12th.
- Marksheet of 10th and 12th.
- PRTC (not Citizenship certificate)/ other certificates as proof of residency.
- Caste Certificate (SC/ST/PwD)
- Ward of Ex-Serviceman Certificate
- BPL ration card
- Certificate showing the proof of Serving Defence Personnel
Must Read: Important NCERT Books For UPSC Exams
- Phone Number (Office): +91-9436994488
- Email: email@example.com
- Address: Birchandra State Central Library, Agartala, Tripura-799001
Important Books for TBJEE
With the help from the right books, you can crack TBJEE 2023. Here are all the books you can use for revision & preparation, all the books are easily available in local markets & online.
- All In One physics for Class 12th by Arihant publication
- Concept of physics by HC Verma part 1 & 2
- CBSE All In One Chemistry Class 12 for 2021 Exam by Arihant publication
- NCERT books of physics, chemistry & mathematics.
- Inorganic chemistry by O.P. Tandon
- Numerical Chemistry by P.Bahadur
- Calculus by I.A. Maron
Also Read INET Exam
Yes, one mark is deducted for every wrong answer.
No, TBJEE is conducted offline (pen & paper mode)
There is a total of 6 exam centers for TBJEE 2023.
Tripura Institute of Technology & Nagaland University are the two institutions participating in TBJEE 2023.
This was all about the TBJEE. Hope you liked the blog and found all the essential information regarding this board and the examination that it conducts.