Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) is a major authority that conducts a separate examination to recruit candidates for the Non-Technical Popular Categories (NTPC). It is a good opportunity for people to join the public sector of India. The eligibility for this exam is a Graduate degree from any recognised University. The RRB exam is conducted in two stages, the questions are objective type inclusive of General Awareness, General Intelligence and Reasoning and Mathematics. Experts recommend aspirants to initiate studies from the NCERT textbook to have a basic understanding of the RRB NTPC syllabus but that can be time-consuming. Hence, we have curated the list of RRB NTPC Books that can help you ace this toughest exam in India!
This Blog Includes:
Exam Highlights and Dates
Before looking at the best RRB NTPC books for preparation, let’s explore the important dates for the exam.
|Applications Status||September 21 to 31, 2020|
|RRB NTPC Exam Date (Stage I) Phase 1||December 28, 2020, to January 13 2021|
|RRB NTPC Exam Date (Stage I) Phase 2||January 16 to 30 2021|
|RRB NTPC Exam Date (Stage I) Phase 3||January 31 to February 12, 2021|
|RRB NTPC Exam Date (Stage I) Phase 4||February 15, 16, 17, 27 and March 01, 02, 03, 2021|
|RRB NTPC Exam Date (Stage I) Phase 5||March 4, 5, 7, 8, 9, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 19, 20, 21, and 27 2021|
|RRB NTPC Exam Date (Stage II) Phase 6||April to 8 April 2021|
RRB NTPC Books: Section-wise
Here is a list of the RRB NTPC Books suitable for the preparation of the exam:
- Lucent’s General Knowledge is one of the highly recommended books by the experts, it consists of a summary of all the necessary information that one requires for revision purposes. This book is convenient as it has all the topics covered which are likely to be asked in the examination such as Science, History, Geography, Economy and Politics. The content is in simple language, crisp, to the point and easily understandable. One of the essential RRB NTPC Books for the preparation. (Click here to Buy)
- Arihant General Knowledge is one of the endorsed RRB NTPC Books by the selected candidates, which has revised topics and information to enhance the knowledge in the particular field. The book has condensed information and covers key concepts which are frequently focused on by the examiners. The book contains different topics like Polity, Geography, History etc with updated facts. (Click here to buy)
- Manorama Yearbook has concise information about the current affairs of the year, it is published yearly and therefore has updated information such as the recent changes in the constitution- division of the J&K. The book is one of the best RRB NTPC Books and it is highly recommended by the Civil Services candidates and also by the experts of the field. The book is really old and has been relied upon by many. (Click here to buy)
More General Knowledge Books for RRB NTPC
- NCERT Books – Class X, XII
- Rapid General Knowledge 2021 for Competitive Exams by Disha
- The Pearson Concise General Knowledge Manual 2020
General Intelligence and Reasoning
- A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal is a must-have RRB NTPC Book for the understanding of reasoning. The book does not only consist of the concepts but also but sufficient practice questions and questions from previous year papers. The book is widely used and acknowledged for its easy explanation and ample quantity of practice questions. (Click here to buy)
- Analytical Reasoning by MK Pandey, provides clear crisp explanations. The book is divided into two segments- Reasoning based on Logic and Reasoning based on rules. Reasoning based on logic has segments that are basics of logic, evaluating inferences, assumptions and forcefulness of arguments whereas Reasoning based on rules has segments like coded inequalities, problem-solving, syllogism and analytical decision. (Click here to buy)
More General Intelligence Books for RRB NTPC
- Test of Reasoning by Edgar Thorpe
- New Approach to Reasoning Verbal, Non-Verbal and Analytical by BS Sijwali and Indu Sijwali.
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by Abhijit Gupta and R.S Aggarwal
Also Read: RRB Group D Exam 2020
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma compiles the essence of elementary mathematics in one book to master the key concepts. An essential RRB NTPC Book has been compiled keeping the needs of the aspirants in mind. The book contains all the arithmetic formulas and is a quick reference. The topics include HCF- LCM, profit and loss, simple and compound interest, ratio and proportion and decimal and simple fractions etc. (Click here to buy)
- Advance Maths for General Competitions by Rakesh Yadav is an ultimate stop for the aspirants, again one of the RRB NTPC Books that are a must-have for the preparation of the exam, this book has all the questions with the elaborate explanations and answers. The book also has shortcuts for time-saving purposes during the exam. The method given is basic and easy to understand. (Click here to buy)
More Maths Books for RRB NTPC
- Quantitative Aptitude by RS Aggarwal
- NCERT Maths from Grade 6 to Grade 11
- Magical Books on Quicker Maths by M Tyra
Other Reference RRB NTPC Books
Apart from the above mentioned RRB NTPC Books, here is a list of some other reference books that can boost your preparation:
|Name of the Book||Links|
|Aptitude by S.Chand||Click Here|
|Physics, Chemistry and Biology by Disha Publications||Click Here|
|Arithmetic for General Competition by Neetu Singh||Click Here|
|General Knowledge by Crown Publications||Click Here|
|Quicker Maths by BSC Publications||Click Here|
How to prepare for RRB NTPC
RRB NTPC exam is not an easy test so you need to prepare yourself accordingly. While knowing the best books for RRB NTPC is important, here are some tips everyone should follow.
- You must have a study plan and stick to it.
- Practice before the exam with sample papers and previous year question papers
- Refer to books given above for the RRB NTPC exam and covering them thoroughly is very important.
- Build a habit of reading newspapers for the General Awareness section.
- Create your own notes and utilize them later.
- Analyze your strengths and weaknesses and prepare accordingly.
RRB NTPC Exam Pattern
Moving on from the top RRB NTPC Books. The RRB NTPC exam is divided into Test -1 and Computer-Based Test-2. Given below is the pattern for both of them:
RRB NTPC Exam Pattern for Computer Based Test -1
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||30|
RRB NTPC Exam Pattern for Computer Based Test -2
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||35|
Also Read: RRB Group D Exam 2021
After covering all the best RRB NTPC Books, let’s look at the syllabus for the exam in detail. The syllabus is the soul of every examination and RRB NTPC is no exception to it! Without understanding the syllabus comprehensively, it becomes difficult to score well in the exam. As mentioned above, the RRB NTPC syllabus of both the stages have been bifurcated into 3 sections- Mathematics, General Awareness, and General Science and Reasoning. These portions contain almost similar topics that are covered in the CBSE class 10 syllabus. Let us have a look at some of the most important topics that should be focused in order to ace one of the coveted competitive exams of India:
|Subjects||Important Topics Covered|
|Mathematics||Number system; LCM and HCF; Ratio and Proportion;
Fractions; Time and Distance; Work and Time;
Simple and Compound Interest; Profit and Loss;
Algebra; Geometry; Trigonometry; Mensuration;
Percentage; Statistics, etc.
|General Intelligence and Reasoning||Number and Alphabetical series; Analogies;
Mathematical Operations; Venn Diagrams;
Analytical Reasoning; Puzzle; Data Sufficiency;
Statement- Course of Action and Conclusion;
Syllogism; Jumbling; Similarities and Differences;
Coding and Decoding, etc.
|General Awareness||Current events of national importance;
History of Indian Art and Culture; Sports and Games;
Life and General Sciences; Monuments;
Economic, Social and Physical Geography of India;
Space and Nuclear Programs of India; Common Abbreviations;
Fundamentals of Computers; Famous Personalities of India;
Prominent Government and Public Sector Organizations;
Flora and Fauna of India;
United Nations; History of India; Environmental Issues, etc.
Also Read: Easiest Government Exams to Crack in India– Is RRB NTPC One of them?
FAQs on RRB NTPC Books
RRB NTPC includes three main sections such as General Knowledge, Maths and General Reasoning and Intelligence. Here are the best RRB NTPC books for each section-Lucent’s General Knowledge, Fast Track Objective Arithmetic by Rajesh Verma and A Modern Approach to Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning by RS Aggarwal.
Yes, Lucent GK is one of the best RRB NTPC books and it is good enough for the General Knowledge section in RRB NTPC. This book along with practice questions and revising old question papers is the best strategy.
RRB NTPC is one of the most important competitive exams in India for jobs in the Indian Railway sector. It is a tough and competitive exam as thousands of students appear for it everyday.
Yes, it is possible to crack RRB NTPC in the first attempt with a good strategy and regular practice.
RRB NTPC contains three important sections that all candidates must cover these portions in order to ace the exam. There are some RRB NTPC books that every candidate must follow and use for their preparation.
Also Read: How to Prepare for UPSC?
This was all about RRB NTPC Books! For those of you willing to know more about the important topics or preparation strategies, let Leverage Edu experts help you out. Book an e-meeting with our counsellors and get all your doubts cleared!