Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research Aptitude Test (IISERs) is one of the prestigious institutes to study BS-MS as a dual degree (five years). However, getting into this institution is not a piece of cake, candidates have to clear the IISER Entrance exam in order to get admission into any of the campuses of IISER. IISER conducts an all-India level entrance examination to offer admission to interested and eligible students who want to enhance their knowledge in the field of science and research. This aptitude is conducted in pen-paper-based (offline) mode. Admission in IISER is based on three ways or channels i.e. Kishor Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana, JEE Advanced Exam, SCB (State and Central Boards). Direct admission is in case of KVPY and JEE channel, while those apply through SCB channel have to clear the aptitude test. If you are gearing up for this aptitude test, this blog brings you a complete guide on IISER Entrance Exam 2022, pattern, syllabus, placements, books, requirements, and more.
Check Out: High-Salary Courses after 12th Science
What is the IISER Aptitude Test?
IISER Aptitude Test is administered by the Indian Institutes of Science Education and Research (IISERs) to provide candidates with admission to the five-year BS-MS dual degree program offered by them. The candidate needs to qualify for this exam in order to gain admission to IISER in Berhampur, Bhopal, Kolkata, Mohali, Pune, Thiruvananthapuram, or Tirupati on the basis of a candidate’s score in the IISER Entrance Exam (also known as the IISER Aptitude Test). Candidates who have completed their Science Stream in Class 12th are eligible to apply for the 2022 IISER entrance exam.
IISER Aptitude Test Highlights
|Exam Name||IISER Entrance Exam|
|Conducting Body||Indian Institute of Science Education and Research|
|Exam Duration||3 Hours|
|Total Marks of IISER||180 Marks|
IISER Aptitude Test 2022 Important Dates
|Application Release||May 2022|
|Appliction Close||June 2022 (2nd week)|
|Admit Card Release||June 2022 (4h week)|
|IISER Aptitude Test||3rd July 2022|
|Result Declaration||12th August 2022|
|Seat Allocation||August 2022 (last week)|
Must Read: Career Guidance After 12th
IISER Aptitude Test Eligibility Criteria
Here are the eligibility requirements that a candidate has to fulfill in order to sit for the IISER Entrance Exam –
Indian National who belong to –
- Person of Indian Origin
- Overseas Citizenship of India
Admission to IISER is undertaken via three channels, so a candidate needs to fulfill all the requirements under any channel –
- State and Central Boards (SCB) Channel
- Kishore Vaigyanik Protsahan Yojana (KVPY ) Channel
- Joint Entrance Examination of Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT-JEE) Channel
IISER Aptitude Test 2022 Syllabus
- Dual Nature of Radiation and Matter
- Electromagnetic Induction
- Physical World and Measurement
- Properties of bulk matter
- Electromagnetic Waves
- Electronic devices
- The behavior of perfect gas and kinetic energy
- Communication Systems
- Current Electricity
- Laws of Motion
- Magnetic effect of current and magnetism
- The motion of Systems of Particles and Rigid body
- Work, Energy, and Power
- Structure of Atom
- Classification of Elements and Periodicity in Properties
- Surface Chemistry
- General Principles and Processes of Isolation of Elements
- The d & f-block elements
- Coordination Compounds
- Redox Reactions
- s-block Elements
- p-block Elements
- Organic Chemistry – Some Basic Principles and Techniques
- Chemical Bonding and Molecular Structure
- States of Matter
- Environmental Chemistry
- The Solid State
- Chemical Kinetics
- Haloalkanes and Haloarenes
- Alcohols, Phenols, and Ethers
- Aldehydes, Ketones and Carboxylic Acids
- Organic Compounds containing Nitrogens
- Chemistry in Everyday Life
- Applications of integrals
- Continuity and Differentiability
- The principle of Mathematical Induction
- Relations and functions
- Sequences and Series
- Differential equations
- Straight Lines
- Three-dimensional geometry
- Introduction to Three Dimensional Geometry
- Inverse Trigonometric Functions
- Binomial Theorem
- Complex Numbers and Quadratic equations
- Conic Sections
- Limits and Derivatives
- Linear Inequalities
- Linear Programming
- Mathematical Reasoning
- Permutations and Combinations
- Trigonometric Functions
- Human physiology
- Plant physiology
- Biology and human welfare
- Biotechnology and its application
- Ecology and environment
- Genetics and evolution
- Cell structure and function
- Diversity in the living world
- Structural organization in animals and plants
IISER Aptitude Test: Books
|Physics||Concepts of Physics Volume I and II||H.C. Verma|
|Fundamentals of Physics||Halliday, Resnik & Walker|
|Chemistry||Advance Problem in Organic Chemistry||Kapil Kumar Wadhwa|
|Problems in Physical Chemistry for JEE (Main & Advanced)||Narendra Awasthi|
|Mathematics||Comprehensive Mathematics||McGraw Hill|
|Mathematics for Class 12||R.D. Sharma|
|Biology||Objective Biology Volume I & II||Trueman’s|
|Objective NCERT at your FINGERTIPS||MTG Editorial Board|
IISER Aptitude Test Mock Exam
- Given below are the key benefits of solving the IISER exam mock test.
- Candidates will learn how to use time management to their advantage. Because the IISER test mock will be conducted in a timed atmosphere, applicants will be able to manage their time effectively.
- The IISER test practice will assist applicants in achieving a high mark on the exam.
- The IISER sample papers are based on the IISER 2022 syllabus and exam schedule. As a result, the applicant will become acquainted with the exam structure.
- Candidates will be able to practice extra questions with this IISER test simulation.
- Candidates will be less worried on exam day since they will be familiar with the exam format and setting. The candidate’s exam performance will immediately increase as a result of this.
IISER Aptitude Test 2022 Admit Card
A few days before the exam, the exam conducting authorities will distribute the IISER aptitude test admit card 2022. Through their login credentials, candidates will be able to download the IISER 2022 admission card. The admission card for IISER 2022 contains information such as the candidate’s personal information, exam date, time, and exam day instructions, among other things. Candidates taking the IISER entrance test must have their admit card and a valid picture ID with them. Applicants must inform the exam authorities if there is a discrepancy on their IISER admission card before the exam begins.
How to get your IISER admit card for 2022?
- Visit iiseradmission.in, the official website of the IISER.
- To obtain the IISER admission card, go to the official website and click on the direct link.
- Fill up the essential fields with your login credentials.
- Examine all of the information on the IISER 2022 admission card.
- For future reference, get the IISER 2022 admission card.
IISER Aptitude Test 2022 Exam Centers
IISER Aptitude Test 2022 Answer Key
The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER) will provide the IISER answer key on the official website when the test is over. The Indian Institute of Science Education and Research preliminary answer key will be released initially by the test authorities. Candidates can compare their replies to the IISER 2022 answer key to get their predicted score. As per the timetable, applicants will be allowed to file objections in the IISER 2022 tentative answer key. The test authorities will release the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research entrance exam final answer key on the official website after evaluating all of the participants’ concerns.
IISER Exam 2022 Result
The exam conducting body will disclose the results a few days after the examination is completed. The IISER results will be released separately for each exam participant via internet means by the authority. From the first week of June 2022, candidates will be able to verify their results. The results will be accessible on the exam conducting authority’s website. Candidates should keep their admit cards secure till the admissions process is completed.
The test organization will begin the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research 2022 counseling procedure for shortlisted applicants after the results are announced. KVPY, SCB, and JEE(Advanced) channels will have separate IISER counseling sessions in 2022. Applicants must first fill out the choice form on the official website. The test authorities will publish the IISER seat allotment result on the official website based on the selections made by participants. A candidate who is assigned seats must come to the allotted centers for document verification after the seat assignment. The seat acceptance cost is determined by the category to which they belong.
Explore Engineering Scholarships!
IISER Entrance Exam Pattern
The official exam pattern for the Indian Institute of Science Education and Research entrance exam 2022 has been released and it includes all the details pertaining to the length, mode, kinds of questions asked, the total number of questions, marking scheme, and more. Here is Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Aptitude Test pattern
|Type of Questions||MCQ|
|Number of Questions||60|
|Sections||The paper is divided into 4 sections of 15 questions each –PhysicsChemistryBiologyMathematics|
|Marking Scheme||Candidates will be awarded 3 marks for every correct answer and 1 mark will be deducted for every incorrect answer.|
IISER Entrance Exam Admission & Application Process 2022
Here are the steps to be followed to register for the IISER Entrance exam –
- First, the candidate will have to fill the Entrance exam form by making the application fee payment which is INR 2000 for General category, OBCNC and INR 1000 for SC/ST, Kashmiri migrants, PwD.
- Next, the candidate has to download the admit card for the IISER Entrance exam from the official website. The hall ticket will also have the details of the test centre.
Check Out: Best Engineering Courses for the Future
The Indian Institutes of Technology’s JEE Advanced marks are accepted by IISER (IIT).
IISERs provides a four-year Bachelor of Science (BS) program as well as a five-year dual degree program that combines the Bachelor of Science (BS) and Master of Science (MS).
No, the candidate must have completed his or her Class 12 in the Science stream.
For general category candidates, a minimum of 75 percent aggregate is required, while for reserved castes, a minimum of 65 percent aggregate is required.
We hope this blog has cleared all your doubts regarding the IISER Entrance Exam 2022. If you want to get into your dream course in a high-ranked global university, you’ll need more than just good grades; you’ll also need flawless application because the competition is fierce. You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process so that you can realize your goals. Call us immediately at 1800 57 2000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.