In the words of Colin Powell-“A dream doesn’t become reality through magic; it takes sweat, determination, and hard work”. While most of the students possess the strength and courage to make their dreams reality, lack of financial resources act as an obstruction in their education. Thus, scholarships play a pivotal role in fueling the aspirations of young minds by providing financial aid. In a country with a population of more than 133 billion, funding meritorious students at a national level might seem like a daunting task. This is why scholarships at the state level were introduced. Even though every state has its own funding programs, we, in this blog, will discuss some important Haryana Scholarship schemes.
|Name||Haryana Scholarship 2023|
|Launched by||Haryana Government|
|Beneficiary||Students of Haryana state|
This Blog Includes:
Haryana Scholarship: Comprehensive Summary
Haryana Scholarship has since years produced some of the brightest civil servants and excellent sportsmen who have won several accolades and awards. These scholarships are awarded by the Haryana Government through its various departments to provide financial support to the deserving candidates who come from different strata of the society. Some of the key providers of these scholarships include the Department of Higher Education, Directorate of Elementary Education, and Haryana State Council for Science and Technology. The scholarships are structured to match the specific requirements at different levels. Given below is a break-down of the various Haryana Scholarship programs.
- Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Excellence in Education
This scholarship is offered by the Directorate of Elementary Education Department of the Haryana government and is open to students studying in standard 6th to 12th. Under this Haryana Scholarship scheme, Rs 1000 is awarded to 2 students(1 girl and 1 boy) in each school from class 8th-12th and Rs 750 to 2 students from each school studying in 6th-8th standards.
- Haryana State Meritorious Incentive Scheme
This scheme is offered to the students who belong to the general and SC categories and are pursuing higher education in different universities. Given below are the eligibility criteria to apply for this Haryana Scholarship:
- The candidates must have secured the 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in the annual examination of the university.
- Applicants should be pursuing a full-time postgraduate or undergraduate degree in either Science, Commerce or Arts Stream from a recognized government institute.
- Those who are enrolled in non-government institutes or are pursuing a correspondence degree from any institute are not eligible.
- The 1st rank holders are awarded Rs. 5,000 per annum.
- Students acquiring 2nd position through merit are awarded Rs. 3,000 per annum.
- The 3rd rank holders are awarded Rs. 2,000 per annum.
- Haryana State Merit Scholarship
This scheme is provided to students who have completed 12th standard and those who are pursuing undergraduate or postgraduate courses from government institutes. It is also open to students competed for examination from in the Punjab or Kurukshetra University
- For higher secondary- INR 50
- For any postgraduate course- up to INR 585
- For academic courses of 3 years- INR 100
The primary object of this Haryana Scholarship program is to decrease the dropout rate of female students belonging to the SC category and have a family income of less than Rs. 2.40 lakh. Offered by the Welfare of Scheduled Caste and Backward Classes Department, this scheme can be availed by female students who are pursuing a diploma, graduate, or undergraduate program in Science, Commerce, or Arts stream.
|Graduate Courses in Science or Commerce Stream||Rs. 7,000||Rs. 9,000|
|Graduate Courses in Technical or Professional Streams||Rs. 9,000||Rs. 11,000|
|Diploma in Technical or Professional Courses||Rs. 5,000||Rs. 7,000|
|Post-graduation in Professional or Technical Course||Rs. 12,000||Rs. 14,000|
|Postgraduate Courses in Science or Commerce Stream||Rs. 10,000||Rs. 12,000|
- Dr. Ambedkar Sanshodhit Medhavi Chhattar Sansodhit Yojna
Also referred to as the ”scheme of masses”, this Haryana Scholarship is open to students who are domiciled in Haryana and belong to SC or OBC categories. The total annual family income of the applicant should be less than Rs. 4 lakh. It is offered to students studying in standard 11 to the postgraduate level. The scholarship amount varies between INR 8,000 per annum to INR 12,000 per annum. For more details, also read:
Objective of Haryana Scholarship
The main goal of the Haryana scholarship scheme is to provide adequate facilities for Haryana students. The scholarship will be extremely beneficial to students who are unable to continue their studies for a variety of reasons, including financial inability. We all know that Haryana is a poor state where not everyone can afford an education, so this policy will undoubtedly help all students get a good education and live a healthy lifestyle. There are various types of scholarships available for people, and students can apply for any of them based on their caste and category.
|Pre-Matric Scholarship||October 10, 2022|
|Dr Ambedkar Medhavi Chhattar Sansodhit Yojna||December 1 – January 31 2023|
|Financial Assistance for Higher Competitive entrance examinations to SC/BC candidates through private institutions||August/September 2023|
|Merit Cum Means Scholarship for Minority Students||October 10, 2022|
|Free Books and Uniform to Children||October 10, 2022|
|Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for excellence in education, Haryana||March/April 2023|
|Monthly Stipend for BPL & BC-A students||March/April 2023|
|Cash Award Scheme for SC||March/April 2023|
|Haryana State Meritorious Incentive Scheme||January/February 2023|
|Annusuchit Jati Chhatra Ucch Shiksha Protsahan Yojna||January/February 2023|
|Promotion of Science Education (POSE) Scholarship||August/September 2023|
When applying for the new scholarship opportunity, the following documents are required:
- Proof of date of birth or 10th-grade marksheet
- Qualification mark sheet or proof of education Bank account information
- Aadhar Card Address Verification
- Income verification
- Admission letter from CAP Caste or category certificate
- Receipt of fees
- Photograph in passport size
- The applicant’s scanned signature
- Certificate of Self-Declaration
Apply for Harayana Scholarship
There are several ways to apply for the various scholarship schemes available in the Haryana Scholarship 2022: –
- Apply for a pre-matric scholarship through the Atal Seva Kendra or E-Disha centre.
- Apply for Dr. Ambedkar Medhavi Chhatra Sansodhit Yojana, Free Books And Uniform To Children Scheme, Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Excellence in Education Scheme, Monthly Stipend for BPL and BC-A Students, Cash Award Scheme for SC, and Anusuchit Jati Chhatra Ucch Shiksha Protsahan Yojana through respective schools and institutions.
- You can apply for a post-matric scholarship through the official website of hryscbcschemes.
- Apply for financial assistance from DWO/TWO.
- Apply for the Merit Cum Means Scholarship For Minority Students at the national scholarship website.
- The Saral Haryana website is where you can apply for the Promotion Of Science Education scholarship.
How to apply?
The application procedure for the schemes is detailed below in a step-by-step guide:
- First, go to the Haryana scholarship’s official website.
- On the homepage, click Apply For Post Matric Scholarship.
- Haryana Scholarship Program
- A new page with all of the scheme’s information will appear on your screen.
- Select the option labelled Proceed to Registration A new page will appear on your screen.
- Enter all of the information
- Click the Save And Continue button.
- A one-time password will be emailed to your registered email address and phone number.
- Enter your password
- Enter your login information.
- You must now complete the application form.
- Enter all of the information
- Please upload all documents.
- Click the Save and Continue button.
- Check all of the information.
- Select the option labelled Approve Form
Selection Procedure for Haryana Scholarship
The scholarship’s selection criteria are listed below with step-by-step instructions:-
- First, the students must apply for the scholarship.
- The authorities will create a proper list for each pupil.
- The government will receive the list.
- These students will be chosen from the list.
- The final list will be compiled after considering the students’ grades and eligibility requirements.
- The scholarship money will go to the students on the final list.
You will be quite delighted by the new Haryana scholarship, which has been running for the academic year 2022, if you are a resident of the state of Haryana. We will share the key information about the Haryana scholarship for 2022 with everyone in this article today. We’ll give you the crucial dates for the many scholarship programmes available to Haryana residents. As part of the new Haryana scholarship programme for the year 2022, we will also disclose the qualifying requirements and the scholarship amount that have been decided by the relevant government.
Scholarship for all categories Students who want financial assistance for their higher education can take advantage of the Haryana programme. The central excise department of India’s exam conducting board is registered with the Ministry of Finance act of 1994.
This programme was developed by the State Government to assist talented but underprivileged students who are enrolled in general university education programmes for degrees, postgraduate degrees, and doctoral degrees. The chosen students will get various rewards.
The Haryana Scholarship was introduced to ensure that the students from different backgrounds are given equal opportunities. If you are confused about what other scholarship programs are available then the mentors and counsellors of Leverage Edu are here to help you find the right scholarship to fund your dream program.