A Business and Management course prepares students for the demanding and stimulating professional world. A business degree from the prestigious University of Liverpool is extremely beneficial as the institution is revered for academic excellence across the globe. The Management School at the University of Liverpool strives to equip students with the quintessential skills to achieve their career goals and handle the contemporary challenges of the ever-evolving business world. Studying there gives students a globally acknowledged degree and increases their chances of employability. Located in one of the most vibrant cities of the world with a student-friendly atmosphere, the experience of studying at the University of Liverpool is gratifying and pleasurable with a plethora of engaging educational activities and cultural pursuits.
Liverpool Management School
A founding member of the esteemed Russell Group and one of the paramount universities in the United Kingdom, the University of Liverpool is valued for its precision, global interconnections and research worldwide. Founded in 1881, the university has a dedicated Management School which is known for its Master’s programs and research-oriented faculty. The School is segmented into six subjects which form its core disciplines. These subjects are:
- Operations and Supply Chain Management
- Accounting and Finance
- Strategy, International Business and Entrepreneurship
- Work Organization and Management.
Providing a high quality teaching environment and a student-friendly atmosphere, the Management School is at par with some of the best business schools in the world. A place with a thriving life of its own, the Management School is enticing and lures students from across the globe with its dynamic lifestyle and accommodating environment.
Why Study at the Liverpool Management School?
The Management School at the University of Liverpool is a vibrant place to study. A member of the major leagues of the top 100 business schools of the world, it offers a wide range of research-oriented programs and allows its students the freedom to develop their skills for a brighter future. Here are some reasons why you must consider going to Liverpool Management School:
- Management School of Liverpool has a wide outreach and offers immense industrial exposure making it a pragmatic choice amongst students.
- Liverpool Management School is accredited by the AACSB as well as EQUIS, two of the most prestigious school accreditation systems in the world. They showcase not only the academic excellence of the organisation but also its international connectivity.
- The organized structure of Liverpool Management School compartmentalizes the subjects making it possible to reflect on the core focus areas under each division.
- The school offers International outlook and opportunities, including links with Xi’an Jiaotong-Liverpool University (XJTLU) in China. This leads to substantial networking and experience opportunities available for students.
Why a Master’s at the University of Liverpool
Liverpool Management School Accreditations and Recognition
Management School of the University of Liverpool is accredited by AACSB (Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business) and EQUIS (EFMD Quality Improvement System), which are both leading international systems, assessing the quality of education being provided in Universities worldwide. This gives universal recognition to alumni from Liverpool School of Management, making enrolling at the school a worthwhile experience.
AACSB is the world’s largest alliance of Business and related education. The organisation makes sure that strict academic standards are maintained in reputed Business schools worldwide, and evaluates their operations regularly. AACSB accreditation simply reflects the present excellence of an Institution as well as promising prospects for the future.
Liverpool Management School is also accredited by EQUIS. Founded in 1997, EQUIS is a globally well-known Business School accreditation system. With the reputed University of Mannheim as its parent organisation, It has accredited more than 170 institutions worldwide. EQUIS accreditation is special not just because of its status, but it also evaluates the internationalisation of an Institution.
Apart from Accreditations, the University of Liverpool is recognized by the leading professional institutions from diverse work sectors. Here are some of the leading institutions that have extended formal recognition to the university:
|Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA)||America Economia||CFA Institute|
|Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA)||Institute of Export||Chartered Institute of Procurement & Supply (CIPS)|
|Chartered Institute of Public Finance and Accountancy (CIPFA)||International Competitions and Assessment for Schools (ICAS)||Chartered Institute of Logistics and Transport(CILT)|
|The Economist||Small Business Charter||Project Management Institute (PMI)|
|QS Global Rankings||Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD)||The Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIM)|
|THE Rankings||FT Masters in Management||Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)|
University of Liverpool Management School- Learning to Make a Difference
The University of Liverpool is a sought-after university with its adept faculty, top-notch courses and striking educational and cultural environment. To apply to the Management School of the University of Liverpool, there are certain prerequisites that have to be achieved to be eligible to enrol in its lauded courses. We have curated below a list of eligibility criteria that will help you in applying to the Business and Management courses at the University of Liverpool:
- For students applying to undergraduate Business and Management programs, a minimum of 70% is required in their Higher Secondary Exams from a recognized board.
- For those who are applying for postgraduate-taught courses, a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum of first division is essential.
- The students aspiring to enrol in a Master’s research degree should have completed a Master’s program. Better academic performance at undergraduate level is seen as a positive indicator here.
- Although GMAT is not a compulsory requirement however, those who have undertaken the test can submit their score for the evaluation process during admission.
- Additionally, international students would also have to take English proficiency tests like IELTS and TOEFL and demonstrate their command over the English language.
Management Programmes Offered at University of Liverpool
The Management School of the University of Liverpool is especially known for its master’s courses which are offered in a wide array of specialisations under Business and Management. These courses are wide-ranging and include numerous fields allowing the students to pick a course they are well-suited for. These courses help students get versed with a host of Management and Business disciplines based on the subject they decide to pursue. Mentioned below is the list of such courses organized at the level they are taught:
Masters in Business Administration (MBA)
Masters in Business Administration is one of the earliest courses offered at University of Liverpool. The course is ranked among the top 100 MBA programs in the world, reflecting its recognition all around the world. A 12-month postgraduate degree, MBA at Liverpool Management School encompasses a striking blend of core and elective modules which equip students with fundamental knowledge of the subject as well as specialised knowledge in the field which they wish to pursue. The school prefers individuals who have work experience in relevant fields of up to 3 years. Due to the pandemic, Liverpool Management School is offering flexible course dates, where students can choose between Oct 2020 and Feb 2021.
Master in Management (MIM)
Master in Management is a postgraduate course specially designed by Liverpool Management School for students who not only wish to learn the basics of on-field management but also wish to extend their academic knowledge through doctorate courses. Similar in nature to the MBA, MIM is more academically inclined and gives a student better insight into the Managerial scholarly literature. This course is available as full-time for 12 months as well as part-time for a duration of 24 months and the last date to apply for MIM at the University of Liverpool is 31st July 2020.
International Business M.Sc
Viewed as a successor to the International Business BA (Hons.) course offered by Liverpool Management School, M.Sc in International Business is a 1-year postgraduate course. It is specifically curated for students who seek deeper knowledge in global business scenarios and how to establish a business across the borders. The program is taught by international business leaders who provide students with the first-hand knowledge of global businesses and entrepreneurship. The course is offered to those who have 2:1 honours in relevant courses, while individuals with work experience are also considered. The admissions for this course are open until November 2020.
Liverpool Management School: Other Courses
Apart from these prominent courses, Liverpool Management school offers a wide range of Undergraduate and Postgraduate courses. These courses deal with the different aspects of Commerce and Business, keeping Managerial learnings at their core. Here are some of these Management programs:
- Accounting and Finance with a Year in Industry BA (Hons)
- Business Economics BA (Hons)
- Business Economics with a Year in Industry BA (Hons)
- Business Management BA (Hons)
- Business Management with a Year in Industry BA (Hons)
- Economics BSc (Hons)
- Economics with a Year in Industry BSc (Hons)
- Finance BSc (Hons)
- Finance with a Year in Industry BSc (Hons)
- International Business with a Year in Industry BA (Hons)
- Marketing BA (Hons)
- Marketing with a Year in Industry BA (Hons)
Master’s Postgraduate Taught Courses
- Accounting and Finance MSc
- Business Analytics and Big Data MSc
- Economics MSc
- Finance MSc
- Human Resource Management MSc
- International Business MSc
- Marketing MSc
- Occupational and Organizational Psychology MSc
- Operations and Supply Chain Management MSc
- Project Management MSc
- Sports Business and Management MSc
- PhD in Accounting and Finance
- PhD in Economics
- MPhil/PhD IN Management
University of Liverpool Management School – Our Masters Programmes
The University of Liverpool is a student-friendly institution and realizes the importance of scholarships in helping talented students achieve their academic goals. Financial constraints should never stop a true learner from garnering more knowledge and scholarships serve to promote this spirit. There are a number of scholarships available for the Business and Management course at the University of Liverpool. These scholarships judge one’s academic acumen, profile and the urge to learn reflected in their Statement of Purpose. Below is a list of such scholarships offered by the Management School of the University of Liverpool:
- ULMS Future Leaders Masters Scholarship
- ULMS Academic Award
- ULMS Study Award
- ULMS Indian Subcontinent Excellence Scholarship
- ULMS West Africa Excellence Scholarships
- ULMS Southeast Asia Excellence Scholarship
- ULMS Global Scholarship
Career Opportunities and Support
The University of Liverpool extends student support services across all its schools and faculties, making the learning experience more enriching for students. Liverpool Management School also offers career support opportunities to students at the postgraduate levels, using various mediums. Here are a few prominent examples:
Webinars, Workshops and seminars
Liverpool Management Schools conducts regular webinars, workshops and seminars to keep students updated about the relevant developments in the industry. They also provide an opportunity to develop employability skills for the recruitment process. These sessions teach students Networking and Preparing for Assessment Centres.
International career opportunities
At the Liverpool Management School, International Employer Engagement officers provide the students with a series of job market reports as per student requirements and suitability. Career contact projects also provide an opportunity to develop networks with alumni working in similar industries.
Liverpool Management School boasts of a career software programme, Careerhub, which works as a database of part-time jobs and internships as well as jobs for students within the school. All the opportunities are from trusted sources, hence work quality is quite high.
Work Maze Guides
The Work Maze recruitment guides are detailed surveys of recruitment and openings available in the top companies in the country. These include the contact details of recruiters from various companies, as well as internship and job opportunities provided by them.
University of Liverpool Management School: supporting your studies
Faculty and Notable Alumni
Management School of the University of Liverpool hosts a large faculty, comprising 213 academic and research staff and 37 full-time Professors, spread across 6 core areas of education. Currently, the academic staff is headed by Dean Professor Julia Balogun. The faculty is led by the Senior Management Team, which includes all the Associate Deans in the school from various backgrounds. The school also has an external Advisory Board which has members from a variety of backgrounds, experience and sectors, offering guidance in numerous ways such as:
- Promoting the School’s interactions with the business community.
- Keeping the school in touch with growing industrial requirements which a student must possess to be successful.
- Supporting the school’s research programme while putting emphasis on the impact of research.
- Supporting the school in identifying career and development opportunities.
From diverse work profiles and industries, there are many renowned names who have taken their first steps in the University of Liverpool. Here are some of them:
- The University has produced 10 Nobel Prize winners in its rich history, one of whom is the famed Nobel Laureate of Indian origin, Har Gobind Khorana.
- Dr Paul Roy: Former Co-President of Merrill Lynch Global Markets and Investment Banking Division, and Chairman of Sky Bet.
- Victoria Derbyshire: Famed BBC reporter and presenter.
- Dr Mehmood Khan: CEO at Life Biosciences and former Chief Executive Officer, Global Nutrition Group and Chief Scientific Officer of PepsiCo.
- Sir Maurice Flanagan KBE: Founding CEO of Emirates and the executive vice-chairman of The Emirates Group.
- Sanjay Jha: Co-CEO of Motorola Inc. and CEO of Motorola’s Mobile Devices business.
- Sir Dawda Kairaba Jawara: first President and Prime Minister of The Gambia.
- Dr Robert Roland Hughes: pioneer in Neuroscience and Electroencephalography.
- Barham Salih: The 8th President of Iraq.
- Ong Teng Cheong: 5th President of Singapore.
1. Is Liverpool University safe?
The UK is known for its social security and low crime rate all over the world. On top of that, Liverpool University Campus is one of the safest places for a student to be in. There is a vigilant security team which is on duty 24*7 as the campus area is also kept under CCTV surveillance. In cases of emergency, students can use the contact number 0151 794 2222 which is always live.
2. Is University of Liverpool a good university?
Not just good, the University of Liverpool is deemed to be one of the best European Universities all across the world. Its international appeal as well as interactive study approach makes it a must-consider opportunity for all students who wish to pursue higher studies abroad.
3. What is the ranking of Liverpool University?
As per QS World University Rankings 2021, the University of Liverpool is ranked at 181 overall, and 12th best University in the UK. What’s more, it stands at the 165th rank in THE Global rankings 2020.
4. Is the University of Liverpool hard to get into?
The University of Liverpool is known for its higher student acceptance rate. Almost 83% of all applications are accepted by the University. If a student meets all the eligibility criteria as mentioned in the blog, he or she has a very high chance of application acceptance.
From applying to joining the University of Liverpool is a meticulous process. From applications to essays, LORs to SOP, many factors are to be kept in mind while applying to this prestigious University. Leverage Edu is here to help you get through the application process smoothly. Register today for a free counselling session and take the first step towards living your dream!