ACT is an abbreviation for the American College Testing which is a standardised admission test for colleges in the United States. Millions of students take the test, and every year 2.5 million students take this test to get admission to their dream college. All four-year colleges and universities accept the ACT in the United States and in 225 more universities outside the U.S. To know about top free ACT prep resources, keep reading this blog!
This Blog Includes:
What is an ACT?
ACT stands for the American College Testing. The test is an online test of 2 hours and 55 minutes. However, if you choose to opt for the optional 40 minutes essay, the length of the exam can stretch up to 3 hours 35 minutes. The test covers four academic components: English, Mathematics, reading and scientific reasoning. The structure of the test is as follows:
|Component||No. of Questions||Duration|
|English||75 MCQs||45 mins|
|Mathematics||60 MCQs||60 mins|
|Reading||40 MCQs||35 mins|
|Science||40 MCQs||35 mins|
|Writing (optional)||1 essay||40 mins|
Want to Ace your ACT Exam? Join Leverage Live
Top Free ACT Prep Resources
To ease up your preparation process for the ACT, given below are some top free ACT prep resources that will help you ace your exam:
- ACT.org – Many students join up on this site as it allows free access to ACT study material, full-length practice tests of all four sections, writing prompts and helpful test-taking strategies. After taking the test, it sends you the report card of your performance to assess your strengths and weaknesses.
- The Princeton Review – It provides several free preparation resources including full-length practice tests, and online courses on testing strategies. At the end of the test, it provides you with an in-depth test score to assess your performance and work accordingly. The Princeton Review also allows you a 14-day free trial for ACT prep with online video lessons so that you can prepare at your own pace.
- Kaplan – Kaplan offers multiple free ACT prep resources including ACT classes, events and practice tests. It uses official ACT questions from all four academic components. Kaplan also offers ACT pop quizzes with real ACT questions which students can use in their preparation process.
- Magoosh – It offers a variety of free ACT prep materials to students. It provides free ACT practice test questions with video explanations of solutions. Students can also access PDFs of free seven full-length practice tests with detailed answer key explanations. Through their blogs, students can receive detailed tips to effectively study along with creating study schedule options.
- Varsity Tutors – It allows access to many free practice tests with sectioned subject areas. It also provides free ACT diagnostics through which you can analyse where you need to focus more and make an effective study plan accordingly. You can also take a free ACT prep course that includes six live sessions where you can ask questions in real-time. Their ACT English flashcard app helps you study easily from your phones or tablets anywhere.
Other top free ACT prep resources are Khan Academy, Veritas Prep, The Critical Reader, Erik the Red, and Union Test Prep.
Why Take an ACT Prep Resources?
The following are the benefits of taking ACT prep resources:
- It helps you to prepare for the exam by helping you with practice questions, lessons and tests
- Many resources allow you to prepare in real-time with an experience of a real exam
- The practice test and questions are designed by ACT experts with official ACT questions, improving your chances of clearing the test
ACT is an abbreviation for the American College Testing which is a standardised admission test for colleges in the United States.
The test covers four academic components: English, Mathematics, reading and scientific reasoning.
The test is an online test of 2 hours and 55 minutes. However, if you choose to opt for the optional 40 minutes essay, the length of the exam can stretch up to 3 hours 35 minutes.
Well, we hope that this blog has provided you with the relevant information on Top Free ACT Prep Resources, And if you are planning to pursue a course in the United States or any other study abroad destination, contact Leverage Edu for total assistance or call us at 1800 572 000 and book free 30 mins session today!