Destination Australia Scholarship is the most famous scholarship in Australia. In an effort to encourage innovation and scholarship across all fields, this scholarship is funded by the Commonwealth Government. They are designed to attract and support students who choose to live and study in regional communities. This scholarship is funded by the Australian Government Department of Education. Here is everything you need to know about this scholarship, from requirements to deadlines, if you plan to study in Australia.
|Name of the Scholarship||Destination Australia Scholarship|
|Awarded by||The Australian Government Department of Education|
|Eligible Course||All courses|
|Eligible Nationals||Residents of India|
|Application Deadline||July 2022|
|Amount||$15,000* per student|
This Blog Includes:
Benefits of Destination Australia Scholarship
The Commonwealth Government provides funding for the Destination Australia Scholarships, which are intended to draw and assist students who choose to live and study in rural areas. For the purpose of covering living and educational expenses in regional Australia, each Scholarship offers $15,000* per student for each academic year of enrollment.
Given below are the details of this Australian government-funded scholarship:
- The Destination Australia Scholarship Program is designed for deserving students who want financial support to reside and pursue their education in rural Australia. The scholarships are supported by Australia’s Department of Education and are open to both native and foreign students.
- The number of Australian colleges and universities that provide this scholarship changes every year.
- Scholarship winners earn 15,000 + 1500 AUD for one academic year, after which their awards are renewed based on performance in the classroom.
- The scholarship programme pays for more than 1000 individuals to begin higher education in Australia by paying their tuition and living expenses.
- Applicants for the Destination Australia Scholarship must submit their applications to a reputable institution of higher learning that has been approved as a programme partner.
To be eligible for the Destination Australia Scholarship Program, applicants must opt for a full-time:
- Residential Certificate IV/Certificate IV/Accredited Diploma/ Advanced Diploma or Associate Degree
- Bachelor’s Degree/Bachelors Honours Degree
- Graduate Certificate/Graduate Diploma/Master’s degree
- Doctoral degree at any partner institution.
Along with the choice of program, international students are required to fulfil the following criteria:
- Be a full fee-paying, non-sponsored student
- Minimum 75% in the previous level of education
- Have a valid Australian student visa
- Enrolled in a full-time degree in a university campus situated in regional Australia for the academic year 2021
- Maintain ongoing residency in a regional area in Australia
- Study a tertiary education course at the registered university
Application Process for the Destination Australia Scholarship
The Destination Australia Scholarship Program does not have a single or standard application procedure. It is up to them how they wish to distribute these scholarships because applicants must submit their scholarship applications through 35 authorised educational institutions.The University of Melbourne is one of many regional educational institutions where qualified applicants will be automatically considered for the scholarship. On the other hand, other institutions, like Curtin University, have a thorough application procedure for applicants to Destination Australia
Each Australian university chooses winners for the Destination Australia Scholarship based on their acceptance into a full-time programme there and their continued accommodation in the Australian region where the campus is located. For instance, applicants to Edith Cowan University are required to reside in the Burbury area for the duration of the programme. Students are chosen for further consideration based on two criteria in addition to meeting university-specific rules and conditions:
- Academic Merit
- 500-word Statement of Purpose (SOP) (if the university requires a separate application)
Eligible candidates must produce the following documents to avail of the Destination Australia Scholarship:
- All Previous Academic Marksheets
- Proof of Admission
- Scanned copy of recent Passport size photograph
- Applicant should need to prepare a statement with a minimum of 300 words
Be enrolled in one of the courses and locations identified under the TAFE NSW Destination Australia Program. Studying full-time, attending face-to-face classes, and maintaining ongoing residency in a regional area as defined by the 2016 Australian Statistical Geography Standard.
Here are some steps to getting a scholarship in Australia:
Participate in community life.
Apply for as many scholarships as possible.
Ask for help with applications.
Read the scholarship criteria carefully.
The Destination Australia Program is designed to encourage domestic and international students to study in regional Australia, to grow and develop regional Australian tertiary education providers and offer students a high-quality learning experience.
These were all of the details about the Destination Australia Scholarship. To explore study abroad opportunities and scholarships stay in tune with Leverage Edu and Leverage Live. To realise your abroad studies dreams connect us at 1800 572 000.