Southern Institute of Technology
Invercargill, New Zealand
Southern Institute of Technology, one of New Zealand’s largest institutes of technology, was established in 1971 in Invercargill in New Zealand. Southern Institute of Technology was founded in 1971 with an aim to provide the world class education at very affordable cost or no cost. With that idea, S Read more
Highlights Of Southern Institute of Technology
Business,Engineering and Health
- Southern Institute of Technology is the only tertiary institution in New Zealand to adopt a Zero Fees Scheme where New Zealand citizens and permanent residents are only required to pay material costs and not tuition fees.
- Southern Institute of Technology is affiliated with the International Association of Universities.
- Southern Institute of Technology is also well regarded for the SIT2LRN Education Faculty which was launched in 2003 through a partnership with Southland TV (now CUE TV) where SIT uses television and internet technology to provide distance learning programs in 30 different fields.
- Southern Institute of Technology also has the Music and Audio Institute of New Zealand, aka MAINZ with campuses in Auckland Central and Christchurch which offers programs in Music Performance, Audio Engineering/Production, DJ, and Event Management
- Zero Scheme was extended to international students in a form a scholarships in which international students are allowed study English or Foundation programmes for free when they subsequently enroll in a one-year or longer mainstream academic program.
- Southern Institute of Technology has a library with a collection of more than 25,000 books, 750,000 E-books, multiple online databases, and also magazines, DVDs and novels.
- Southern Institute of Technology also operates the SIT Research Institute which has been doing exceptionally well since 2010. The institute is involved in a number of local and national research projects including research projects with Water Safety New Zealand and Sport Southland to support safe swimming practices.
- Southern Institute of Technology also has the Southern Institute of Technology Journal of Applied Research (SITJAR), a freely accessible an online journal, specializes in applied research in the vocational and educational sector.
Get All Your Questions Answered
Part Time Work Allowance
We have proven to be successful with about 99% of our students and we're like really proud
Diploma in Electrical Engineering
3 minutes read
Considered as one of the core branches of engineering, electrical engineering is an established and...