Searching for part time job opportunities in Calgary? In Calgary diverse industries and a vibrant economy attract many students seeking flexible work opportunities. Part time jobs help students balance their studies with work, and also help professionals who are looking for additional income. Starting a part time job will not only help to make friends but also help to maintain the discipline required for a successful student life. Therefore the candidates must go through the below article to know the working hours, the salary offered, the eligibility criteria, benefits, and types of part-time jobs in Calgary.
This Blog Includes:
How to Find Part time Jobs in Calgary?
To start part time jobs Calgary, a detailed resume is required consisting of educational degrees, skills, experiences, achievements, etc. The different ways where you can find part time works opportunities in Calgary are as follows:
- Online Job Platforms: These search tools will help in figuring out the right job according to preference of location and the type of work the candidates are interested in.
- Notice Boards: This platform is the most common source to find on-campus job openings.
- Career Center: Individuals who are part of universities in Canada are willing to help you find suitable part-time jobs and provide all necessary details
- Networking: You can find jobs appropriate for you by talking to people around you and watching out for jobs around the campus.
- Newspapers: Similar to bulletin boards for finding on-campus jobs are local newspapers for knowing about off-campus jobs. You can also track the openings around you by following a newspaper.
Also Read: How to Find Part-Time Jobs in Japan?
Benefits of Part Time Jobs in Calgary
Check the benefits of part time work in Calgary mentioned below:
- Helps an individual to learn to take responsibility and gain self-confidence.
- Students have the opportunity to explore various career opportunities.
- Part time jobs in Calgary help to build a strong resume.
- Guides an individual to enhance communication skills and also build network opportunities.
- Part time jobs help students to learn money management that is how to manage the money they earn
Requirements for Part-time Jobs Calgary
To be eligible for part time jobs Calgary, students must satisfy the below-mentioned eligibility criteria:
On Campus Part Time Jobs Calgary:
- Students should have a study permit
- They should have a (SIN) Social Insurance Number
- They should be enrolled as a full-time post-secondary student at a:
- Public or private university, college, trade or technical school, or CEGEP in Quebec
- At a private school that is eligible to award degrees under law
Off-Campus Part Time Jobs Calgary:
- Candidates should be enrolled as a full time students at a DLI (Designated Learning Institution)
- They must be enrolled in a high secondary vocational, academic, or professional training program or a secondary-level vocational training program in Quebec.
- The duration of the program should be at least 6 months and lead to a degree, diploma, or certificate.
- A SIN (Social Insurance Number) is required.
- The program should have commenced before the candidate starts working.
Conditions for Part Time Jobs in Calgary
Check below the rules and regulations for part time jobs in Calgary:
- The candidates can work off-campus for 20 hours a week during school times
- During semester breaks, the candidates are allowed to work full-time. The candidates also have the option to work overtime or work two part time jobs at a time
- To work full-time, the candidates must be full-time student both before and after the semester break
- The candidates are not allowed to work during the break before the start of their first semester.
Highest Paying Part Time Jobs Calgary
Check below the highest-paying part-time jobs in Calgary:
|Server or bartender
|(Average CA$13 per hour)
|(Average CA$14 per hour)
|(Average CA$14 per hour)
|(Average CA$15 per hour)
|(Average CA$16 per hour)
Top Companies for Part Time Jobs
Check below the top companies that offer part time jobs Calgary:
- Absorb LMS Software
- Rascals Pet Supplies
- The Estee Lauder Companies
- Domino’s Pizzas
- La Palma Spa
Skills to Learn for Jobs in Calgary
There are several skills a student can learn to be job-ready. Here we have listed some of the skills a student can learn for jobs in in Calgary. The probability of employment goes up once a candidate has acquired any of these skills.
- Project management
- Emotional intelligence
The average salary offered in Calgary Alberta is $62,500 per year or $32.05 per hour. Entry-level positions are paid $40,280 per year, while most experienced workers make up to $131,588 per year.
Yes, part time work in Calgary are easily available for international students. There are plenty of opportunities available for both on-campus and off-campus.
During academic sessions, international students are not allowed to work more than 20 hours in a week. However, they can work full-time during semester breaks.
Calgary is famous for its petroleum industry. Petroleum companies such as EnCana, BP, Suncor Energy, TransCanada, Imperial Oil, Shell, and Nexen Inc. have their headquarters
The average worker in Calgary earns around $58,242 per annum. On the other hand, the top earners earn around $83,000 per annum or $40 per hour.
This is all the information about what part-time jobs in Calgary for national & international students. If you want to read more blogs on jobs abroad stay tuned with us on Leverage Edu.