The full form of NSDC is the National Skill Development Corporation. The NSDC is a public-private partnership organization in India that aims to promote and facilitate skill development in the country. In the year 2008, the NSDC was established and it operates under the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship, Government of India. Furthermore, it collaborates with various industries and training partners to enhance the employability of the Indian workforce by providing skill training across different sectors.
Also Read: What is the Full Form of SCVT?
What are the Objectives of NSDC?
Moreover, the Objectives of NSDC are as follows:
- To elevate skills to global standards by actively engaging with industries and establishing frameworks for standards, curriculum, and quality assurance.
- In addition, it aims to foster and facilitate private sector-led skill development initiatives through effective Public-Private Partnerships (PPPs), thus aiming for substantial private sector operational and financial participation.
- The NSDC Acts as a ‘market-maker’ by attracting funds, especially in sectors lacking effective market mechanisms.
- Furthermore, it emphasises initiatives with a multiplier or catalytic impact rather than isolated one-off effects.
Also Read: List of NSDC Courses for Skill Development
What are the Schemes and Initiatives Under NSDC?
Additionally, the Schemes and Initiatives under the NSDC are as follows:
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY)
- Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Kendra
- Technical Intern Training Program
- Skill Impact Bond
- Seekho aur Kamao
- Specified Skilled Worker (SSW)
- Skilled Workers Arrival Database for Employment Support (SWADES)
- Project Accelerated Mission for Better Employment and Retention (AMBER)
Also Read: What is the Full Form of NAPS?
What are the Achievements of NSDC?
Moreover, the Achievements of NSDC as of January 2020 are as follows:
- The NSDC has trained 5.2 million people through 235 partnerships by targeting a minimum of 50,000 persons in each collaboration.
- In addition, they have validated 1386 qualifications in collaboration with more than 1000 companies, further encompassing 6,744 special National Occupational Standards (NOS).
- NSDC provided 10-stage vocational training through 2400 schools by delivering an NOS-based curriculum to over 2.5 lakh students.
- Along with this, they collaborated with 21 universities and Community Colleges under AICTE and UGC for National Skills Qualifications Framework (NSQF) training and education initiatives.
- The NSDC engaged in the development of the Skill Development Management System (SDMS) which involves 28179 training centres, 1400 training partners, 16479 trainers, 77 assessment agencies, 20 Job portals, and 4983 empanelled reviewers.
Popular Full Forms
We hope this blog has helped you understand the full form of NSDC and everything related to it. If you want to know more, find the 300+ full forms list on our blog. In the world of short forms, you can rely on the Leverage edu page to know about more full forms like this! Connect with us study abroad experts to achieve your international dream today!